It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have we already been to Mars?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Just curios how you know nobody is hiding tech from us?

You're using an informal logic fallacy, one can't prove a negative, or also known as argument from ignorance. Appeals to ignorance are sometimes used to shift the burden of proof.

And by this you have proved your own argument wrong. You clearly stated "they are not hiding anything", yet you tell me that i am basing my argument on appeal of ignorance because there isnt sufficient evidence...yet you have no evidence that they actually "aren't hiding it"...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by mandroids

According to some, yes, in 1962, in fact. I point you here:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

I don't know if the film can still be seen on the internet, but I have seen it, and I'm not saying it is proof, but it leaves little doubt.
One of my contacts tell me there are a quarter million people up there right now. Can't prove that either.

edit on 12/14/11 by autowrench because: (no reason given)

That film was a 1977 April Fools joke (although it was pre-empted on April Fools day and shown in June instead).

British TV has a history of showing April Fools day "mocumentaries", such as the famous "Spaghetti Tree Harvest" mocumentary from 1957. That was a serious-looking documentary-style BBC film that chronicled the Swiss Spaghetti harvest, complete with scenes of Swiss women in the "spaghetti orchards" picking the ripe strands of spaghetti from their trees. At the time of the broadcast, the BBC didn't let on that it was just a joke, because that would ruin the joke.

This TV show that included the Mars Landing (called Alternative 3) was also just an April Fools joke, and the produces have since said as much. The people in this mocumentary who were portrayed as "real" people were simply actors, such as the fictional Apollo Astronaut "Bob Grodin", who was played by actor Shane Rimmer, and the fictional scientist named "Dr. Carl Gerstein" was played by actor Richard Marner.

In fact, everyone in "Aternative 3" was an actor, except for the presenter, Tim Brinton. Using a real presenter added an air of believability to the joke. The first missing scientist, Ann Clarke, was actually an actress named Patsy Trench. The reporter interviewing her was named "Collin Benson" in the TV show, but in real life he was an actor named Gregory Munroe. Katherine White, the reporter who was shown at Jodrell Bank was played by Carol Hazell. The mother and father of man who went missing in Australia were also just actors playing a role for this mocumentary practical joke.

Everyone else in that film are just actors, not real people. That "Famous scientist" from Jodrell Bank that was supposedly killed in a car accident was not a real person, and neither was anyone else presented in that mocumentary.

edit on 12/15/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I would love to see what you think was used. I do not jump by pulled strings from any master nor do I make up fantasies.

So what do they use and where are they based?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

You're doing it again, you made the claim this technology exists yet provide zero evidence, I also have zero evidence it exists, therefore I have nothing to prove. You've yet to even begin a debate. I already provided more proof for the cognitive side of the debate, like are you driving a steam car?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

jrmcleod --

I have no proof that man-eating aliens are NOT disguising themselves as trees, just waiting for the right time to attack and eat the human race. I suppose since I don't have proof that it is NOT happening, then I guess you could say that it is possible...

HOWEVER, does that mean that every time I walk near a tree, I shy away from it because I think it may be a man-eating alien in disguise, waiting to pounce on me?....

No.

Lots of things are possibly happening because we don't have proof that they are not happening, but for the most part those possibilities have no real meaning.

edit on 12/15/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Lol zero evidence reminds of an old joke

Russian scientist have found copper wiring 300 feet deep in the ground wich was around 1000 yeras ago. So their logical conclusion was that russia had 1000 year earlier also a copper wired electrical grid.

American scientists found shortly after the findings of the Russians at a depth of 600 feet glasfibers wich was around 2000 years ago. Their conlusions was that they had allread a glasfiber network 1000 years ahead of the Russians.

African scientists also have been digging at even at a depth of 1500 feet, approximitly 5000 years ago, they didn't find anything. Their logical conclusion was that they much have wireless by that time.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
And by this you have proved your own argument wrong. You clearly stated "they are not hiding anything", yet you tell me that i am basing my argument on appeal of ignorance because there isnt sufficient evidence...yet you have no evidence that they actually "aren't hiding it"...

mcLeaod.......... I have no evidence that Loch Ness isn't harbouring a dinosaur in its depths.......so Nessie probably does exist right?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

He did not say they are not hiding it. That would mean he is agreeing there is something to hide, he is not. He is saying there is nothing TO hide, thus putting the burden where it belongs, on you to prove that there is something to hide to begin with. You have no such proof so you make the claim it is simply being hidden.

I claim there's a contract stating you owe me $1million, and you are hiding it. Until you can prove you are not hiding the contract I want my $1mil.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

You're doing it again, you made the claim this technology exists yet provide zero evidence, I also have zero evidence it exists, therefore I have nothing to prove. You've yet to even begin a debate. I already provided more proof for the cognitive side of the debate, like are you driving a steam car?

Yes, and as you are well aware (because of the image your provided) it goes like this:

Outlandish statement.
"What if outlandish statement is true?"
Even more outlandish statement follows.

And at least half of the viewers will then take the first and second outlandish statements as if "proven."-- because the HC led them to believe it was so!

"Ancient alien theorists have claimed that there was a thermonuclear war in the 1776.
"But what if ancient alien theorists were right?
"The British armies were actually defeated by alien technology!"

The problem is not that the HC airs programs using such tactics-- the problem is that they know that there are viewers who will not question the unsupported outlandish claims-- having no reasoning of their own to defend themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join