It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brussels vows to override Cameron's veto on EU

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Well this is neat.

EU PLOTS REVENGE AGAINST BRITAIN

BRITAIN last night faced a revenge attack for David Cameron’s EU snub when a senior Brussels bureaucrat promised a new deluge of damaging red tape on UK business.

European economics commissioner Olli Rehn insisted that the EU could override the Prime Minister’s veto to slap more regulation on the City of London.

And he vowed that Brussels would ignore Mr Cameron’s bid to protect British finance and British jobs.

BOW DOWN OR ELSE!

Nigel Farage kicks butts again :

edit on 13-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Once again, there are top German officials vying for German control of the continent.

Hey, Brits, screw the EU. I'll gladly take you lot over China. Britain, the U.S., maybe Canada if we can get them in on it.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Quick question. How deep is America's support for Britain? Would Obama prefer to take sides with Europe and send London 25 more movie videos?

We don't have many friends left, and we're losing them rapidly recently.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
When i saw the news and all the smug european b******* politicians castigating us Brits i was seething with anger,to watch a Lithuanian Euro politician deride the UK and another Belgian sneer and s'n-word' i leapt up and shocked my wife as i shouted "Yeah you b******s" it was us that saved your arses in the war lost the flower of our good men so that you could have a f******* nation",not to mention our immigration policy that give millions of the people of the 5hit poor nations employment .God i was angry .i MEAN C'MON THE IGNOMY OF THESE 3RD WORLD JOHNNY COME LATELY NATIONS WITHOUT A POT TO P*** IN TELLIN US WE DONT YOU. WELL DONE NIGEL FARAGE GOOD MAN I APPLAUD YOU COMMON SENSE SAID WHAT NEEDED TO BE SAID AND SHUT THE SNIVELLING WEASLES UP. sorry bout caps im absolutely incensed

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Sounds like a great idea USA Canada UK in a north atlantic market stuff the Germans but most of all those spineless French reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
So Britain what do you think? Will Germany conquer you after 70 years of scheming or will you grow a pair and show up for the fight? This is your country, your home and native land, your children’s future on the line here. This is more than just going along with the EU, this is letting the EU dictate to you, after overriding the decision of your leader, what will and will not happen in the United Kingdom. Did your fathers, grandfathers, and great grandfathers fight the Germans in vein? Did they defend your isles in vein? Would they look at Britain after 70 years in the future while it is mocked, attacked, and derided by the very nations that they liberated, and not feel angry?

So where is the British anger? Are you angry bulldogs or sissified tea drinking ninnies? Are you seriously letting the French belittle you? Someone finally stood up for your country, stood up against the EU machine, and now they want to say “sorry, sovereignty denied” and your response is what? *Crickets*

EDIT: Before anyone tries to kill me here that was not a swipe at the Britons, I was trying to ask you a question not attack you.

edit on 12/13/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

You know, that is funny, I was thinking the exact same thing. A free-trade zone, as the EU was originally supposed to be, except this one between the North Atlantic nations of United States, Canada, and United Kingdom. Perhaps Iceland and Norway could also join in because they are not part of the European Union. This would be solely an economic union, not a political one.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The feeling in Britain is that the people are sick of the Autocrats of europe, however our last government stitched us up and signed all the power over to Brussels. Fortunately for us the Autocrats have reacted with Spite to our rightful Veto. They accuse us of being selfish yet they claim to be democratic and the people of Britain want nothing to do with their stinking treaties, only 18% of the people opposed the VETO. So now they are threatening to push through the treaty regardless and cancel our rebate as a punishment, well I hope they do as it will leave our government with no other option but to referendum on europe and our people will give them a resounding Foxtrot Oscar.

Europe is a dictatorship we do not need them. Germany is about to lose its tripple A, Francce already has, soon Britain will be the only Europeans left holding the top credit rating. Are they fearful of the Brits or just filled with pure hate and spite. I can't wait to see the back of them. Vote UKIP

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

How has the political mood changed in the UK since Cameron rejected the treaty and how do you think the Britons will react to this news of EU just wanting to force the treaty anyway? Meaning are people turning to other parties (Conservative, UKIP, BNP, etc…), are they more anti-EU, are people happy with Cameron’s decision, just overall what is the current mood?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

You know something? Bringing those two into it is a very, very good idea. And, absolutely. Economic, never political.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Problem in the UK is people are too busy watching x-factor and Strictly Come Dancing to even have a vague idea about the consequences of this recent battle over the EU. Frankly, i have no real idea which is the best way to go. Seems we're damned if we join up and damned if we don't. We need a massive public debate and referendum on this topic, seeing as how we're supposed to be a democracy.

We shouldn't let the the EU set the timescale, as many cons are done under the pretence of haste. Seems like they're trying to hustle the UK into signing up before the real deal is known.
edit on 13-12-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: typo

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Well actually the whole of the UK is not happy with it in all honesty. Scotland wants to be part of the Union but at the same time also their main political party is angling for independance from Westminster anyway. But at least in England (not sure about Wales and N.I.) the people are becoming more and more anti europe and the media are portraying Merkel as being the controller of Europe. The feel here is that the people want a referendum on the UK's membership to the EU and I think the people would be more than happy with the free market Switzerland and Norway negotiated without all the politics of it all.

We are proud of our nation and we are proud of our soverignty, we will NEVER allow europe to take control.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by Misoir

We are proud of our nation and we are proud of our soverignty, we will NEVER allow europe to take control.

Then you better do something quick because Germany's knocking at your door and they have their wild dog, France, with them.

(Not being sarcastic, I am quite serious).

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

France need to remember that the last time Germany wanted to dictate their policy it was Britain fighting in the trenches of the Somme that stopped it from happening. Germany is clearly after controling the European Union, however any more power transfer from Westminster to Brussels will result in a revolt. The Prime Minster knows it and all parties apart from the idiotic liberals know it. And the SNP, well I hope they get their wish and let the Scottish people decide upon if they want to stay a part of the UK or not, we will soon see which side their bread is buttered.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Yes i think a free trade zone of USA,Canada,UK,Norway,Sweden? would make greast econmic sense but worryingly i feel that it would also create or deepen political antipathy with Germania .The world is in a state of flux at the moment some strange things can happen .

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Wild dog?French toy poodle thethered by its daimonte encrusted lead,meets English bull terrier .

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

double post

edit on 13-12-2011 by cuchullainuk777 because: oops

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Honestly, I´m quite confused why everybody is blaming Germany!

I´m from Germany, so let me describe the situation from the viewpoint of a German:
As you can read in the commentary sections or discussion boards of German Media, a majority of Germans is totally fed up with the EU! Most people just want out of this anti-democratic monster called EU. We had quite a thriving economy prior to the Euro and we just want our own currency back. For us it seems like we are paying the debts of other European countries! We have to work until 67 while other in countries you can quit working with under 60! We´re just sick of being the ones who pay other countries´ debt. At least this is how it looks like for us.

What our politicians are doing right now, is in my opinion not the people´s will. They just dictate what in their view is good for Germany. In their opinion the EU is only beneficial for Germany, while other institutions have shown and proven that Germany has suffered from the Euro and the EU more than benefitted from it. Those Eurocrats among German politicians (unfortunately almost all!) are not speaking for the German people!

But there´s one tiny point where I agree with them: The one who foots the bills should have more influence than the one who benefits from it. But all in all, we just don´t want to be part of this EU anymore! In German there´s a nice word that describes our status within the EU: "Zahlmeister"

Disclaimer for my fellow Germans: Das oben Geschriebene ist meine Meinung und ich denke, dass viele Deutsche das Ganze ähnlich sehen. In vielen Foren oder Kommentarbereichen ist der Grundtenor ähnlich. Wenn Ihr das anders seht, postet Eure Meinung.

Sorry for having a little part in German...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I think we need to have a referendum and quick before things turn worse, for both Britain and Europe. It's about time the people of Britain decided their own fate. Im not sure if any of the parties are willing to give us that referendum, but there has never been a more important time to have it. The problem is, we are half in and half out, which is a ridiculous situation to be in. 2 options, In or out, no half measures.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by cm23
Honestly, I´m quite confused why everybody is blaming Germany!

Mainly because of historical prejudices and thinly veiled racism disguised as nationalism.
I doubt there is much you could say to appease these people.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join