It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Press Release Concerning the Situation in Greece

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Excellent Thread - I did a thread yesterday where CNN were reporting on conditions in Greece -

www.abovetopsecret.com... (Coming to a Country Near You)

Of course it was their dumbed down version.

This, as I said in my thread is just the beginning. Global Famine will be the end result - exactly as planned.

S&F and keep the information flowing!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Imogene72

The entire world is crumbling and being taken over by bankers, but most people are too concerned with football and all of that stuff to even care. Concern for the future of the world and humanity isn't "trendy" with the majority of people.

Hearing about what happened in Iceland gives me hope though. The bankers tried to sign the government onto a bunch of debt that they could never repay, but the people took to the streets, and even the cops joined the protests because they knew it would affect them too. They fought the system and beat it. If they can do it, so can Greece and so can America and the rest of the world.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

Not when the loans are rated AAA by the corrupted rating agencies. The people were misled, you can't blame them for trusting what was supposed to be a credible and trustworthy rating institution whose sole purpose is to explain how solid a loan is.

Of course I'm speaking about America, but corruption is in no way limited to our country, and I'm sure the same practices were going on in Greece and Europe.
edit on 13-12-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Yeah the jerks still have not stopped doing what they did in 2008. Unqualified loans that have a high chance of defaulting, and there focusing on poor countries like Greece. What a joke. And I believe your right it is some sort of sick experiment, and they will be watching.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Thats a good point. I am going to look further into what happened in Iceland. I wonder if it is capable at such a larger scale of control. Well, I do not think we are far from finding out.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35

I just wonder, when (if?) it comes America's turn for this kind of upheaval and distress, will the real reports be censored in other nations like our news is censored for us here?

that's the first thing i thought when i read this. take a good hard look America because this will be coming to our home soon.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

The entire country is now living on welfare (handouts from other countries). Seems simple enough to me. The kids want more candy.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

I just wonder, when (if?) it comes America's turn for this kind of upheaval and distress, will the real reports be censored in other nations like our news is censored for us here?

that's the first thing i thought when i read this. take a good hard look America because this will be coming to our home soon.

If the progressives are successful in instituting the European Model here, yes it will. We however still have time to stop this. First we have to take the schools back and get those pesky Alinsky Progressives out of the government and the Unions.

What they want is exactly what lead to all of the woes in Greece. Now the Greek people are so used to the bribes for their votes, they no longer know how to go back to work and save themselves.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

Hi Imo, That is disgusting news about Greece.

But I have to say that the downfall of Greece came about because of their 'no worries' philosophy.

Here is a fact - my son's father is Greek - and he said that whenever his credit card ran out, he just went to a friend's bank and got another one. Several times.

So, the banks are to blame.

The father is to blame too.

A responsible person pays their bills, they don't use the system in that manner. This man is no less guilty than the bank who gave him the credit cards or the government who spend well beyond their means then lie about their finances to get into the EU.

Btw, your sons father is you, isn't it? Or are you his step-father?

edit on 13-12-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
This is a really well researched post. I am in solidarity with the Greek people and am against internet censorship. I am for freedom. Keep sharing the truth keep naming and shaming the oppressors. There is enough for all yet there are those megalomaniacs which would have all for themselves.
I am in solidarity with the people of Greece. Though I am not Greek in origin I am human how can I see the struggles and pain of my fellow humans and not react?
Education is the only way for the human race to evolve. Keep doing what you are doing and confront those who would limit your access to knowledge for they are the true enemies of humanity.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imogene72
I think you are mistaken. Greece is not in debt because of the loans each Greek took from banks, it is in debt because of the loans Greek Governments took in order to help our country develop.

Perhaps this could be looked at as correct, yet bad business decisions have been made. I do not take a business loan from a bank, run my business into the ground and then blame the bank, do I?

Greek Governments unfortunately decided to split the money in question between them and give nothing to the whole country.

Do you have any sources to back up this claim? Sounds like your stating certain government officials stole these loans. Who do you suspect stole the money? When i look at the Greek finances that have been released since it became known they cooked their books to get into the EU, it shows brutal fiscal mismanagement:

-one in five Greeks employed by the government

-insisting on holding onto money pits like the Greek National Railway. It has been drowning in debt for many years, yet never once has the government proposed selling it to private interests

-massive social spending on welfare and social programs that do nothing but create a sense of entitlement to the poor. When you are paid more to sit on welfare than to work a minimum wage job, something is wrong

And so on ad nauseum. If the people want someone to blame, they have no further to look than their own government. The bank is doing them a service offering them money. Is it unreasonable to expect it to be paid back?

But, since they gave nothing to the country, no development was made, therefore there were no money made, so the loans couldn't be paid off.

Why wasnt this checkmated? Oh right, the Greek government lied about its finances for years.

Then the governments decided to get even more loans, in order to feed themselves some more and to pay back a part of previous loans, and then again they took newer and newer loans. That's why Greece is in debt, not because Greek people didn't know when to stop.

Again, any information to back this up?

As for the banks, as I stated in a comment above, it was their money to begin with. If the money was important to them, they should have checked who they were giving it to and if they could pay them back. But they didn't do it, the banks purposefully closed their eyes, because it was profitable for them at the moment. They earned millions. Too bad they did not think what the consequences might be in the long run. We are not going to accept their responsibility.

This is not true. The Greeks lied to everyone, including the banks and EU. Here is a good read:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I understand the protesters are mad. But they must also understand that if they are going to accept bailout money, they have a responsibility to live up to the demands made of them. Why on earth would the EU give them money just to continue to run their country into the ground? They lied to get into the EU, then when their economy tanks, they beg for money from those they lied to. Irresponsible doesnt begin to describe this. Tough times and austerity measures are needed, not rioting. I might suggest Greeks arrest finance ministers and anyone else culpable from those years and put them on trial for treason and fraud. Make an example of them so the next minster is not so likely to walk this path. And demand balanced budget legislation within a reasonable timeframe.

edit on 13-12-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
C'mon Spartans... As King Leonidas in '300' said, "tonight we dine in HELL!!!"

...give 'em HELL!!!! Show them what you're made of!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I'll venture to say yes. But not only in other nations, but here also. They will attempt to supress the information for as long as possible.

We are the the information capital of the world for a reason. We are very good at cover ups through media production. Our number one commodity is information our number two... sheeple

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This fascist pig has received our Attention

Thanks for posting this and spreading this crucial message, we are anonymous, we are legion, we do not forgive, we do not forget....

EXPECT US

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Vordis cant hide the truth and bury his history, old ghosts come to haunt him.

edit on 13-12-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Did somebody say..... The Situation?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
How can we help these people? Its not like the government is gonna listen to us trying to help another country when they won't even listen to us when we are occupying many of the cities in America now. Its only a downhill slope from here.

Unless we can really begin to raise a voice as one!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It's here and it is over. This world with all these pigs will soon get something their not going to like ..
I want protest but I'm ready to kill these sorry f**king bastards. I know im not alone ......

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsSocietysFault

The people of the US and parts of Europe need to wake up. This WILL happen to them, to stop it you guys have got to start buying local items, I mean if you are American, buy American products, if you are British, buy British products.
China is sat back laughing at us, The middle is is laughing at us and so the the russians. Please buy local from YOUR country, Thats the best thing you can do, stop sending money out of your country,

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It's hard to watch the pictures of police beating the people. It's the same all over, including the U.S. It's tragic how quickly these traitors in blue turned on their own countrymen. They are thugs, nothing more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join