It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Press Release Concerning the Situation in Greece

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
reply to post by Imogene72

I am suprised the people havent strung the bankers up yet. 100 years ago the bankers wouldnt have lasted five minutes and this mess would be over.

100 years ago the bankers didn't have such effective propaganda. Let alone the pressure they can apply by using all the bought political power that they now have.

The monster did grow big, but the awareness curve will crush it.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Greece needs growth. I honestly can't see how they can get there from here.

I expect a solution to be floated very soon.

Harness the underground economy. Get rid of the paper money.

Might be the The Mark of the Beast. 666

Time will tell. Desperate times breed desperate actions.

--------------
The sad part is that this was ALL predictable.
The people of Greece were set up.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Thanks so much for posting. S and F.

I am South Arican and my husband is Italian. We are living in SA - came back here in 2010. Things are fairly difficult here but on a reality scale of what Greece is going through we are extremely well off.

My husband wants to go back to Italy. He has this illusion that we will be better off financially there. I told him about the state of Europe and Greece specifically, and even sent him an email containing lots of links to the real situation in Italy. If you ask me, he is probably just homesick.

But because Italy is heading in the same direction as Greece, your post is most valueable. I will forward this to him in support of my point in our discussion about the financial struggle in Europe, specifically Greece, Italy and Ireland. Probably others too.

A friend of his (an ambassador who frequently dines at the restaurant my husband works) recently went on a trip to America and on his way back stopped over at home in Italy for about a week. He told my husband that it would be a massive mistake to go back, because the people are in great financial stress. Pensions have been drastically reduced and the old are being intervied on tv, often in tears. Things are not the way they were. Now he is more open minded, and your post came at the right time to support my point.

What is happening to the Greeks is horrific. What can be done about it? If we spread the news, it is still not really taking an active step to help them. Knowing does not change their misery. This is extremely sad.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Thank you, Sonny for being the voice of reason. The problem is the entitlement mentality whether it be here, Greece, Great Britain etc.....eventually the government runs out of other people's money and the one's getting everything for free are suddenly cut off....that's why capitalism and personal responsibility for your own needs, wants and bills is the only thing that works. Not that I'm saying people in Greece didn't work, but the gov't controls the flow of money and that doesn't work (redistribution and "free" healthcare etc.)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
ur thread has eye's

95% of apps currently in circulation has this function available for those who require it, some apps mine even further supplying screen shots of actual location (surroundings) and through the course of time are able to determine your daily routine without anyone being deployed. Its a digital world and there is an epic digital world going on as we speak.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Well, your thread is very informative also... Thank you for bringing it to our attention. All we can do right now is spread the word out there and hope for the best. At the very least, people should be aware of what lies ahead...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
This is in response to an already blatantly evident and obvious truth is that a massive takeover of Europa in currently operational by The SCUM as evidenced by the employment of downgrading and defaulting nations at will and have total disregard for any and all national Constitutions and all national rights. One massive land grab because that move alone tells me that their foothold in The US isn't as strong or as secure as they once thought and have a much more firm footing in Europe hence why that's where I think the next major move will hail from.

The same groups causing chaos throughout Europe are the same exact azzhats trying to cripple us hence why here it's too much work and there is this little pesky thing called The Constitution to contend with which in fact is iron clad and 100% still in force and cannot ever be undone.

The time for bickering is over, action is now. Anonmyous #Op Mayhem using the Tyler format will rock the very foundation our entire system sits upon and will be the most massive item in recent memory, trumping that of 9/11, The Occupy Movements, The Arab Spring, Iraq, Katrina combined.

The floodgates are about to open. Prepare for the show! Welcome to the dawn of The New Order Of Human Liberty! Novus Ordo Humanae Libretas!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Hello! I am sorry I did not post any links to back all these claims, but it only happened because here these are facts already known to everyone. Nobody doubts them. So sometimes I forget that in other countries people just don't get to the truth. Here is a list with some of the biggest political scandals in Greece since 1981 (please use google translate, it is way too long a list to translate) :

ksipnistere.blogspot.com... +ksipnistere+_++%CE%9F+%CF%83%CE%B9%CF%89%CF%80%CF%8E%CE%BD+%CE%B4%CE%BF%CE%BA%CE%B5%CE%AF+%CF%83%CF%85%CE%BD%CE%B1%CE%B9%CE%BD%CE%B5%CE%AF%CE%BD%29

As you can see, unbelievably high amounts of money ended up in politicians pockets. And as I said, the list is not detailed and complete. Do you understand now that we have first been robbed by our politicians, they made us seem like we are the ones at fault here using immense amounts of propaganda, and now we are asked to pay the full price of their mistakes. Do you know that not a single one of them went to jail? Not a single politician was deprived of the money he stole?
Now, on to another topic: we do not want the bailout money. It is unsustainable debt for us, and we will never be able to pay it back. Right now, every unborn Greek, already ows 50.000 Euros. Math don't lie, and here math just doen't add up. So, when we are protesting, bear with us, because we only protest demanding all thiefs to be brought to justice (real justice-not a set up), and demanding not to take on extra debt, that will only sink us further deep.
Austerity measures will of course be necessary. We are aware of that, we even accept that. But when it is austerity for the people and party for the politicians (you know that list of scandals keeps growing even as we speak), we have to defend ourselves. We will take some responsibility, but we can't accept it all, it's not all ours, and the people at fault should be asked to pay. Also, we cannot tolerate children fainting from starvation in schools, when politicians and bankers go about showing off their shiny 800.000 Euros cars.
edit on 14-12-2011 by Imogene72 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2011 by Imogene72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TotallyFEDup88

Thank you so much for your will to help us! I am really touched every time I see a post like yours, cause I'm thinking "Hey, people do get t, they do understand we were set up". I think that right now, maybe the only viable solution is what you said: joined actions.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
- People pay more taxes even though they cannot afford it
* They don't pay taxes, that's one of the reasons why the economy is so bad over there - people are used to evade taxes at any cost in Greece.

- Pensions have been cut off, so the elderly cannot even afford their medicine, rent and bills
* They don't pay all of their taxes when working then ~70% of people go to pension at the age of 55 (50 for women)- no wonder the government can't afford it.

- People are getting evicted due to loans
* Same as in most countries.

- Electricity company forces people to pay a lot more than they’re supposed to, either wise they shut down their power at home
* Show the proof.

- Banks are in charge
* BS. And BTW, the government faked statistics in order to join EU and Euro zone - not the banks.

- Media spread propaganda and not covering the true stories such as, protests, riots, deaths, beating, police brutality, political scandals etc
*BS

- Getting a job is rare and even if you find one, the payment is not enough

- Stores are shutting down

- Homes are being abandoned
* Look at your own statement: "- People are getting evicted due to loans "

- People are living Greece to find a better life abroad

- Kids are fainting from starvation
* Happens everywhere.

- Junkies and homeless people use used up needles to get infected with AIDS so they can get the 700 Euros the state is forced to pay on their expenses
* # laws.

- Protesters die, bleed, suffer
* Not like the protesters themselves aren't violent.

- 70% of the Greek families won’t turn on their heat during the winter cause they can’t afford it
* Average temperature in winter is 5-10 C in Greece, so no real need to heat houses.

- 1.500.000 Greeks are unemployed
* Can be worse (epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu...)

- Families being destroyed
* By who? Wives who are used to good life?

- The average Greek is being treated like dirt by the politicians and people outside Greece who bought on the media spread propaganda
* Like dirt or like fools as the "people" don't give a # if their country would go bankrupt?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
This is indeed a sad reality , I have friends from greece whom I've known since 2000 , they have said it's always been like this in Greece , very anti government because the ruling elite dont care about the comman man , and from the place where democracy was born these people are being treated like animals.

My parents recently returned from Athens in the summer , they were caught up in a riot and they had to flee because the police started launching tear gas .
it's shocking that Greece has got to this point. the streets are full of burning rubbish , and the buildings are covered in anti government slogans.

It appears as though this is continually being ignored by foreign media. It's been ongoing since last year. these protests havent stopped.

I just feel sorry for everyone in Greece right now because the winter is coming and they are going to die

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Pumper

What is the point of your post , to say that yes these things are happening everywhere ! well they are in smaller pockets and in less intensity . If you have seen footage of athens , the place is a # hole right now.
Greece is the birth place of democracy and the government arent doing anything democratic , they are suppressing peoples rights ,and through terrible use of public funds have gotten the country into inescapable debt. The people are suffering because of the choices of the few.

These people are protesting against the government for losing control , and letting this happen and they are being beaten for asking questions, and you seem to not care !

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Is Greece 'ground-zero' for enforcement of NWO ?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

It's a possibility , however greeks dont take # lying down , they are always protesting and are quite spirited people. My greek friends have always had a mean political side in them and very proud of their heritage and would die for democracy and its the system of beliefs and the rights of humans.

Should they try to install it there , then Im sure they will feel the full resistance of the greek populace.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I have read alot of what is being written here and over the net in general about the people in Greece, I have also visited this beautiful Country with beautiful hardworking proud people. From what I have seen and I have seen quite a bit, labelling them under a lazy money grabbing corrupt all encompassing umbrella is as far from the truth as we can get. The Fathers and sons labour in heat I can bearly stand in to put food in the mouths of their tightknit family groups and a roof over their heads. I think this is alot of the problem, governments don't like family, its harder to control them and dictate rules and regulations to strip them of wealth and control over their own lives. Many of these families are still deeply respectful of each other and again harder to dictate to and control. So the mass media launches a smear campaign and if you don't agree you are labelled a fool or greedy and corrupt when the opposite is true. Where better to start the downfall of the world economy than the very place where civilisation and democracy sprang from, like a serves you right for being decent when we wanted the opposite to be true.
I fully and wholeheartedly support every single Greek person I know and wish with all my heart that this diabolical banker/politcal attack on a once great, to be great again soon country is over as soon as possible.
All this will only happen if the truly corrupt rulers of this and every other country are stripped of power and cast out then the true great wealth should be restored to the rightful ones whos labour earned it and not the parasitical elite who currently slurp from an ever full trough of self important loathsome indulgence

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imogene72
reply to post by EspyderMan

I think you are mistaken. Greece is not in debt because of the loans each Greek took from banks, it is in debt because of the loans Greek Governments took in order to help our country develop. Greek Governments unfortunately decided to split the money in question between them and give nothing to the whole country. But, since they gave nothing to the country, no development was made, therefore there were no money made, so the loans couldn't be paid off. Then the governments decided to get even more loans, in order to feed themselves some more and to pay back a part of previous loans, and then again they took newer and newer loans. That's why Greece is in debt, not because Greek people didn't know when to stop.
As for the banks, as I stated in a comment above, it was their money to begin with. If the money was important to them, they should have checked who they were giving it to and if they could pay them back. But they didn't do it, the banks purposefully closed their eyes, because it was profitable for them at the moment. They earned millions. Too bad they did not think what the consequences might be in the long run. We are not going to accept their responsibility.

No, Greece is in debt because you as a nation have never collected enough taxes from the citizens - you consistently have spent far more than you have taken in.

Is that the fault of the Greek people? Not directly.

Is it anyone else's fault? No, Greece was in charge of their own affairs for decades of this practice going on.

Sorry to be blunt but the fact is Greece has to shoulder its share of the blame. I feel for the ordinary people affected by this but again, to be blunt, why should the taxpayers of, say, Germany, have to bail out the profligate Greeks?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

You would think there would be at least 1 smart person to float the idea " How do we fix the problem?"

Right now all i hear are bunch of short term band-aids.

The Greeks need to stop punishing success and grow their economy.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I understand what you are saying and the truth is that whatever the outcomes of the Euro, Greece is in for for a long time of hardship. People just do not want to either acknowledge or accept that fact.

A full default and return to the Drachma would still entail pain for upto several decades whilst remaining in the Euro means that the economy cannot recover. Either way, the Greek people lose big time.

That is the truth - whatever happens, the Greek people will suffer.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
What the Greeks need is a big Wooden horse full of money!!! Greece beware of Europeans bearing money!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I understand what you are saying and the truth is that whatever the outcomes of the Euro, Greece is in for for a long time of hardship. People just do not want to either acknowledge or accept that fact.

A full default and return to the Drachma would still entail pain for upto several decades whilst remaining in the Euro means that the economy cannot recover. Either way, the Greek people lose big time.

That is the truth - whatever happens, the Greek people will suffer.

You just described the smart , painful and long term solution.
The Greeks are not in the mood for that.
They have a runaway entitlement mentality.
---------
When they see the - quick & easy - solution, they just might grab it.

Burn all of the cash and coins. Switch to all electronic transfers to harness the underground
economy. Each transaction is taxed. Maybe a tiny chip placed under the skin in a glass tube.

They may throw a little candy in there to get them to make the leap to a cashless society.
If you take the deal............$50,000 free.

Gee, i don't know. That sure looks good. What could go wrong???
Oh okay. i'll do it. See?

edit on 14-12-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join