It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10,000 year old Italian cave painting of aliens?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Not really sure if they were trying to depict aliens, but it really does make you wonder what they were thinking to create such an image. Really cool looking though.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Here are a few links about Aboriginal creation myths for anyone trying to figure out the meaning of the picture.
I'm still researching information about the book, but there doesn't appear to be a copy online. I may have to get a copy of the book to research further. My question now is whether the picture is based off of an original aboriginal painting, or is it an interpretation of aboriginal myth illustrated by Cyril Havecker?

www.cs.williams.edu...
www.astronomy.pomona.edu...
www.sacred-texts.com...
www.janesoceania.com...
www.australiasouvenir.com...
edit on 14-12-2011 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

I think it's an interpretation of aboriginal myth drawn by Cyril Havecker to fit in and support his apparent 'new age' viewpoint and is a poor attempt at aborigial style art but the balance and symmetry betray it's non-aborigenal origins.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye

This cave painting is c.10,000 BC and is from Val Camonica, Italy.
It appears to depict two beings in protective suits holding strange implements.

I think it represents the power of imagination.
The smaller person is the human.
The person behind him represents the subconscious or dream conscious.
That opens up to the imagination.
However, the symbology of the snakes leads me to believe
this imagination, or mind opening, is caused by a hallucinogen.

One thing that I found quite striking was the large number of people who reported snakes or serpents as integral parts of their ayahuasca experience. Metzner touches on this a bit in the book’s introduction, when he mentions The Cosmic Serpent by Canadian anthropologist Jeremy Narby. The ayahuasqueros “told Narby that the serpent spirit is the mother of ayahuasca.” The serpent image is quite prevalent in the art of Pablo Amaringo, and apparently other Amazonian Indian art as well. Of the 24 people whose experiences are related in this book, just over half of them mention snakes or serpents. Specific imagery of this type strikes me as being fascinating, as I don’t believe that it is so frequently reported with other entheogens. Which got me to wondering why this imagery turns up so commonly with ayahuasca voyages?

www.erowid.org...

Or

Davide Icke was right
And its an evil reptile that is controlling the man by creating a matrix of illusion.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by isyeye

I think it's an interpretation of aboriginal myth drawn by Cyril Havecker to fit in and support his apparent 'new age' viewpoint and is a poor attempt at aborigial style art but the balance and symmetry betray it's non-aborigenal origins.

I'd say you're right.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Cyril Havecker does have direct ties to the aboriginal culture, and seems to be well educated about the history of the aboriginal people. I'm just guessing, but I think his illustrations are an accurate description of aboriginal beliefs. Hopefully I'll find more information when I can get a copy of his books.

trove.nla.gov.au...

"... texts of the workshops given by Cyril Havecker, blood brother of the Warramunga Tribe (Groote Eylandt), at the 1979 Annual Convention of The Theosophical Society."

edit on 14-12-2011 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
To me the picture seems virtually symmetrical, and then there is a random "cell" looking thing in the bottom right next to the human looking figure. Kinda weird

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The Ones Who Came Before...Aliens

edit on 16-12-2011 by GoreKiller63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
I've seen this picture referenced a few times, but does anyone know more about it?
Are there actual pictures of the cave painting?

I'm sure this has been discussed already on ATS, but I couldn't find more information searching.

www.crystalinks.com...

This cave painting is c.10,000 BC and is from Val Camonica, Italy.
It appears to depict two beings in protective suits holding strange implements.

I think it would be crazy if that picture was telling of the reptilian race and our creation. I mean c'mon look at the thing in the middle of the earth, it looks strange and seems to have some kind of textured body, its much bigger than the humanoid its holding. I think its showing the link that reptilians have with the human race, and the reptilians ability to control man. The smaller humanoid image showing the human lungs and being sort of a vessel. The bigger entity seems to be holding the shell/humanoid in an aggressive manner note the claws and feet, also a dark aura maybe emphasized by the lines thickness. The serpent has always been linked with the constellation and the symbolism of time or space possibly a link to the draco star constellation? I don't have a clue about the turtles. The sphere seems to be a hollow earth? or possibly symbolism for another dimension or space within space. The Saurian looking entities atop the earth observing or casting something into the creation. Possibly even showing the reptilian manipulation the host through magic and time/dimensional manipulation. If you step back and look at the pic it kinda reminds me of the Aten, or the Sun above the head of Horus. Saurians where said to be the first humanoid reptilians to have inhabited earth eons ago they evolved advanced and moved on I don't know if they are related to draco reptilians, or just a product of earth evolution of dinosaurs. I wish there where a whole dedicated website with all these pictorial cave findings to compare.

Looking at the picture for a long time and noticed that what seem to be planets, suns, stars are microbes? atoms? bacteria, cells? beginnings of lifeforms?

edit on 16-12-2011 by WhoYouCantSee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Something that may be of interest, in the Australian indigenous culture a particular depiction can only be reproduced by the original holder of the totem, that is owned by the traditional owner and comes with the original dream time story, and if he is genuine, then it is possible to have such painting dated today of the original motive, but must include the dreaming story, to this they take a very dim view of those that try to duplicate there work

However Australia dose not have this understanding on its own and is a world wide understanding, it could be said they are all interconnected to the same outcomes, but when it comes to the free market and the sale of fakes its another issue

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by bulla
Something that may be of interest, in the Australian indigenous culture a particular depiction can only be reproduced by the original holder of the totem, that is owned by the traditional owner and comes with the original dream time story, and if he is genuine, then it is possible to have such painting dated today of the original motive, but must include the dreaming story, to this they take a very dim view of those that try to duplicate there work

However Australia dose not have this understanding on its own and is a world wide understanding, it could be said they are all interconnected to the same outcomes, but when it comes to the free market and the sale of fakes its another issue

Or, where is the original dream time story that should be attached, given its from 2000 ad

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join