It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10,000 year old Italian cave painting of aliens?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

Originally posted by new_here

Originally posted by quietlearner
it also look like the bigger one has its head open and the people at the top are throwing something in
very interesting!

Yup, I see it now that you pointed it out. The "beak people" are throwing crumbs of... knowledge? ...into the open mind of the larger central figure. Then there's the serpents up there too. Tie-in to Garden of Eden story anyone? (Knowledge of Good & Evil, serpent...)

More like the Nephilim. The book of Enoch talks a lot about the 'watchers' or 'nephilim' or 'fallen angels'. I can't help but wonder if this image is related...

Very interesting perspective there... I can see now how you came to that conclusion. Thanks for helping me see outside of the box.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
Here's a second source stating that the illustrations were done by Cyril Havecker

www.worldcat.org...

ISBN: 0958858802 : 9780958858809 OCLC Number: 262380874 Description: viii, 106 p. : ill. ; 21 cm. Contents: Foreword --
The Creation myth --
The laws for living --
Aboriginal magic --
Totemism --
The spirit world --
Bark painting and rock carving --
Natural healing --
Afterword --
Glossary. Responsibility: Cyril Havecker ; illustrations Cyril Havecker ; edited and foreword by Yvonne Malykke.

and a third.....

openlibrary.org...

Understanding Aboriginal culture
Cyril Havecker ; illustrations Cyril Havecker ; edited and foreword by Yvonne Malykke.
Published 1987 by Cosmos in Sydney, NSW, Australia .
Written in English.

It looks to me like a picture many people and internet sites are claiming as evidence of aliens is an illustration on a cover of a book written by a man named Cryril Havecker.

I'll see what else I can find.
edit on 13-12-2011 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

Whoa. I just realized you are the OP. WTF?

You debunked your own post? You posted, then researched your own post? Shouldn't you have researched all that BFORE posting the topic? What gives?

Perhaps you are whoring for stars and flags. Well, SnF anyway. I gave you a few stars during the last few pages while I was reading. Too lazy to un-flag you.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I had researched it quite a bit before posting about it, and because of the sharp minds on ATS, I was pointed in the right direction.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
im still amazed by the concept of someone painting the wall of a cave and that same painting being digitized,viewed and discussed by people all over the planet thousands of years later.
some peasant that long ago woulda probabaly been amazed if a couple hundred people saw their work over a couple of generations. pretty cool concept.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
This may help figure out the meaning of the picture

www.assatashakur.org...

Sacred sites within the landscape are an essential part of Aboriginal people's very different kind of religious beliefs. The caves inside the rock are covered with Aboriginal paintings. In 1985 the federal government of Australia returned Uluru to its traditional owners, the Aborigines. According to Cyril Havecker in his book Understanding Aboriginal Culture, in Aboriginal mythology Uluru is the Intelligent Snake from the higher spirit realms of the universe who brought forth a great rainbow. From this rainbow a huge spirit snake slithered down to earth. This was Uluru, symbol of the Great Rainbow Serpent. Uluru is depicted by Aborigines as a symbol of fertility. It is shaped like a horseshoe lying on its side, the open end to the left. The lower part of the "U" undulates and is filled with eggs. Thus the figure symbolizes both male and female and is considered to be the father and mother of all forms of life.

The Australian continent is crisscrossed with the tracks of the Dreamings: walking, slithering, crawling, flying, chasing, hunting, weeping, dying, giving birth. Performing rituals, distributing the plants, making the landforms and water, establishing things in their places, making the relationships between one place and another. Leaving parts or essences of themselves.

Aborigines also revere the area around Lake Narran hundreds of kilometers northwest of Sydney. According to legend 10,000 years ago the Creator decided to manifest on earth (Tya) as a man. He sent a message by telepathy to all living things to gather at Moon Lake (Lake Narran) to wait for him to appear. When he asked them to clear the ground and there he made a circle representing his body, out of which all life comes. This circle would become an important part of Aboriginal life, as it is the place where initiation takes place. He told them the creation myth and why they had been placed on the earth. He instructed them to hold initiations for their youth. At the time of initiation a wise woman or man was to tell them the laws of living and how they were to fulfill the great plan for life, the things he was explaining to them at this first initiation. The circle was called a Bora and Boras have been drawn and used all over Australia for thousands of years. Access to these sacred sites (most of which are secret) is extremely important to Aboriginal life. All Bora sites are high-energy, sacred places.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

There are up to 10,000 paintings in that region. Most date older than 17,000 years old! Some they say may date 30,000+ old. I have seen them and they are fantastic!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

No problems, I went and checked your profile. You joined on the 2nd, posted your intro on the 6th, and have created 12 threads total since then. I read a few, and you are a solid contributor to ATS. Even gave you a few extra SnF's.

Keep up the good work. You'll find that ATS will keep you on your toes.

edit on 12/13/11 by Druid42 because: up was of, and i had to fix it

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
My two-cent interpretation is possibly this depicts our "creators" who genetically engineered humans. Maybe this is just another artist attempt to illustrate this. Hence, our missing link.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This cave painting....if real in it's dating or real in reality as there was a time a hundered years or so ago....when discovery of ancient cave art and the arts interpretation was BIG MONEY from a King or Queen of Europe....to the discoverer....who would recieve a ...GRANT of sorts and acolades and status....so.....people started faking CAVE ART....as a way to get money or gold.

I think it was the British Museum of Natural History which first developed a skeptic debunking system for both faked Cave Art....mostly found in France....faked DRAGON BONES....where Mamoth bones and even real Dino bones were arranged and using a technique of aging and weathering and hardening Cattle or Elephant bones.....some scam artists were making false DRAGONS.....as the question if Dragons were real or faked was a very hot topic in the Victorian Era. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I actually live about 20kms from this place.
This is a rock carving and the area is scattered with this rocks and slates.
I personally have been there before but never seen this particular one. I will get there next spring when the weather is good, looking for it and report back the outcome. My only concern is that this particular one might be inside a cavern and not on a slate located in an open area, or it might even be in a restricted area.

I saw many links in other topics so I guess it is allowed to share them, viceversa I apologize in advance.

Here's a Wikipedia link that gives you a better idea of what we are on about.

en.wikipedia.org...

Stay tuned folks!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by Dr Cosma

I agree with you entirely.

All it does is serve to discredit the genuine ancient cave paintings that seem to portray various types of aliens, UFO's etc.

Is that their intention?

Exactly.
And I don't know why because they have good photos of real cave paintings, strange.
Why the need to put the pic up on their site? Makes me question their intentions.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
reply to post by Dr Cosma

I think that already we have shown that the picture is not accurately described on the crystalinks.com site, as well as many others. Perhaps they all should be notified of their mistake. Hopefully we can trace the source of this picture down a little bit further.

edit on 13-12-2011 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

Good work bro

It's a nice thread though and nice pic, just wrong info on the net.
But, we're the best at ats hehe. Times like these it's when you appreciate this site the most.
Getting to the bottom of things.
Thank's.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Hi.

I hope this doesn't sound stupid.
But if this is a 10 000 year old cave painting, how did the background get white? Is this a copy? How do we know it looks exactly like this if we can't see the original picture of this in the cave? Often cave images have cave color background.

|.|SLO7H|.|

edit on 14-12-2011 by SLO7H because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
You debunked your own post? You posted, then researched your own post? Shouldn't you have researched all that BFORE posting the topic? What gives?

Seems to me that when someone posts something and during the coarse of the thread no info comes to light, then researching and posting the updated info would be the way to go

IMO

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Very interesting picture. Thanks for sharing, I have not seen this before.

One observation I'd add is the turtles...

... I think we've found the human race's missing link!

I don't think they depict turtles..... they look like very fat aliens to me

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

AMAZON BOOKS

AMAZON BOOKS UK

It would be nice if people actually read the thread to keep up

edit on 14-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

You debunked your own post?

It is called intellectual honesty.

You should not be so surprised - often times adults will hold discussions where 'the truth' or 'facts of the matter' are important. Younger folk (and not a few adults) sometimes confuse these discussions with 'debates' and so become confused when one of the older folks goes out of his way to admit an error, or just keep people posted.

It is a common error.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISpyWithMyLittleEye
I actually live about 20kms from this place.
This is a rock carving and the area is scattered with this rocks and slates.

No you do not live near this place

No its not a rock carving from Italy...

Originally posted by SLO7H
I hope this doesn't sound stupid.
But if this is a 10 000 year old cave painting, how did the background get white?

Its a drawing for a book about Australia not Italy

Originally posted by Village Idiot
I don't think they depict turtles..... they look like very fat aliens to me

Well... they ARE

READ THE THREAD

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by xavi1000

There are up to 10,000 paintings in that region. Most date older than 17,000 years old! Some they say may date 30,000+ old. I have seen them and they are fantastic!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
That is magnificent. Everything about UFO is really fascinating, I wonder if we will start contacting with them in the nearest future. This information in this thread is extremely interesting! Thank you very much for sharing!

[color=transparent]pdf converter

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join