It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10,000 year old Italian cave painting of aliens?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

I agree with you entirely.

All it does is serve to discredit the genuine ancient cave paintings that seem to portray various types of aliens, UFO's etc.

Is that their intention?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadesofGrey78

Regardless of what the painting depicts, I would give damn near anything to travel back in time to the period it was created

Apart from the advent of Punk I think the 70's were pretty boring and mundane.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

I think that already we have shown that the picture is not accurately described on the crystalinks.com site, as well as many others. Perhaps they all should be notified of their mistake. Hopefully we can trace the source of this picture down a little bit further.

edit on 13-12-2011 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
More fuel to the fire.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
....more....none of them have any information. If you take the time to look at all of them, some of the sites seem to use the same "set" of pictures. You'll notice that sometimes when they do have descriptions, they are word for word from another site.

www.axiomatica.org...
www.crystalinks.com...
www.crystalinks.com...
otherworldmystery.com...
lweinbergpresentstheories.blogspot.com...
raivaescondida.wordpress.com...
www.realalienpictures.net...
www.yrad.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

apologize if stated before (didn't read all the pages), but i'm rather interested in the depiction of the smaller being(human?) in the center of the painting...seems to me it has lungs, therefore depicting a human, and maybe the larger being represents an entity either fostering or protecting the 'human'.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
....more with no information. It's amazing how many sites will put this picture on their page as evidence of aliens.

I have only seen a couple sites state that is aboriginal in source, and then they don't show where it came from.

seasteading.org...
ufos-and-aliens.blogspot.com...
ufos-and-aliens.blogspot.com...
misteryo.multiply.com...
archive.no-ip.org...
www.alien-ufos.com...
showmegreen.hubpages.com...
www.myspace.com...
psychonauticus.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
In my opinion this is far from evidence of space aliens visiting Earth.

When it comes to what these ancient people were actually trying to depict in their paintings the possibilities are pretty much endless. Everyone is going to interpret them differently.

While art is subjective, such paintings do run along expressive lines which have been bodied by archaelogists and experts in ancient cave painting. One such theory--however conservative--suggests that such depictions were the rock-painter's first means of permanent documentation of daily events; tribe life, literal hunter gather scenes. Such as marking man's first creative endeavour--the aesthetic rendering of the physical world.

Another theory, and one I happen to agree with, asks what sparked the creativity in the first place? The human brain had remained physically identical for the past 40,000 year...so why all of a sudden the etchings and paintings? Psychological or physiological shifts in an individuals consciousness and conscious behavior may count as one answer. Slipping into trance states; states of altered reality as achieved by trance dancing, rituals of extreme physical exertion, and the ingesting of psychoactive substances as found in the natural environment.
Certain compounds were known to have sprouted in the areas where these tribes and wanderers lived. In france, Africa, India and South America.

Interpreting the painting is equal parts subjective opinion, but rarely does a literal meaning suffice. My own theory is that this painting is one of those spiritual expression of interconnevity between all things. I would even go one further and suggest that the art may have been inspired--or even conjured under--the effects of an altered state, however such a state was achieved.
There is a certain "as above, so below" connotation at play. The outer body in empathic sybiosis with the spirit, a part of it and able to harm it and so in turn relying on the inner's health and rebirth for its continued function. A universal marvelling at the experience of life amongst the stars and animal life. Therianthropic figures (beings which are part man and part animal) are a common in such cave paintings.

I could waffle on but you might catch my drift.

A point of reading might be Graham Hancocks's "Supernatural", which espouses this theory and others in greater detail.
edit on 13-12-2011 by Milleresque because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Milleresque

Please 'waffel on'...closest thing i've heard of in connection to your 'waffel' is the Cygnus Mystery, which i've watched on youtub...i know there is a book about it, made by the proponent of the theory(in the vid), can't recall his name. but you sound knowledageble, so please point me in the right direction(more names and preferable book titles)

edit: live in utc +1 so might not be online if and when you reply
edit on 13-12-2011 by Chroast because: edit

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
...still nothing...If you look at the last link, you can see how close the description for the above picture is a little close to the picture we're talking about. I can see how someone messed up and misread a description like this and thought it was about this picture.

weedmeister.multiply.com...
pec.yuku.com...
www.thestrongestthereis.com...
www.metafilter.com...
www.einet.net...
mythadvocate.blogspot.com...
www.myspace.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Looks like a painting of a pregnant woman and possibly doctors?!!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I found this...
It appears to be from an Austrailian government site about the book

trove.nla.gov.au...

Understanding Aboriginal culture / Cyril Havecker ; illustrations, Cyril Havecker ; edited and foreword by Yvonne Malykke. Lane Cove, N.S.W. : Cosmos Periodicals,

I'm not sure if this means the picture was illustrated by Cyril Havecker or not, but there is at least a chance that it was. I'll keep looking to find out %100.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Here's a second source stating that the illustrations were done by Cyril Havecker

www.worldcat.org...

ISBN: 0958858802 : 9780958858809 OCLC Number: 262380874 Description: viii, 106 p. : ill. ; 21 cm. Contents: Foreword --
The Creation myth --
The laws for living --
Aboriginal magic --
Totemism --
The spirit world --
Bark painting and rock carving --
Natural healing --
Afterword --
Glossary. Responsibility: Cyril Havecker ; illustrations Cyril Havecker ; edited and foreword by Yvonne Malykke.

and a third.....

openlibrary.org...

Understanding Aboriginal culture
Cyril Havecker ; illustrations Cyril Havecker ; edited and foreword by Yvonne Malykke.
Published 1987 by Cosmos in Sydney, NSW, Australia .
Written in English.

It looks to me like a picture many people and internet sites are claiming as evidence of aliens is an illustration on a cover of a book written by a man named Cryril Havecker.

I'll see what else I can find.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
To me it looks like it depicts

-The balance between good and evil, and female and male (ying yang). The Snakes usually represent spirit, So the two opposing each other would be the good and bad in everyone.

-The snake at the bottom looks like it represents the holy spirit of earth, perhaps circling the image creating a never ending cycle of the mother and child in the center.

-Once again the moon and the sun represent both sides.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by ShadesofGrey78

Regardless of what the painting depicts, I would give damn near anything to travel back in time to the period it was created

Apart from the advent of Punk I think the 70's were pretty boring and mundane.

History does a lot to gussy up the past and make it more interesting. I figure The Buddha would be interesting to have met. But hanging around the guy 24/7 for a while and he'd probably get pretty boring, too. And you have to deal with all the dirt and lack of decent plumbing.

No thanks.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
I've seen this picture referenced a few times, but does anyone know more about it?
Are there actual pictures of the cave painting?

I'm sure this has been discussed already on ATS, but I couldn't find more information searching.

www.crystalinks.com...

This cave painting is c.10,000 BC and is from Val Camonica, Italy.
It appears to depict two beings in protective suits holding strange implements.

Loll. This is truly a blessed day for you humans to see this picture.

I think this picture is more to it then meets the eye; it is very informative and very curious.

You humans through out your history have always been in contact with what you call the 'reptilian race of aliens'.

This is the only reason why reptiles have been in every story and in 80% f all religion from well over 10,000 years.

I have explained to the world that its yet another race amongst your kind, me and my team of experts first thought they was related to the ‘wasp’, because of what the flying triangle race of aliens do to cows.

The wasp finds a spider to kill and lays its eggs inside the spider so when the young are born they will have something to eat.

It is the same method you’re flying triangle aliens do to cows when creating new life.

After during rigorous research we found out that, one phenomenon… 1 unique…1surpierior thinking…1 special evolved life came to think in every chain of life.

Mammals= Humans

Cold-blooded animals= the reptilian race, and mermaids. ‘Mermaids went extinct 3,249 years ago‘.

Birds= the’ HARPY TRIANGLE RACE OF ALIENS’ HARPS’ SIRENS’ SPHINX’

Out of every thing I have tried to teach your human race, we never had picture evidence for our claim of the Harpy race of evolved alien birds’ that we understand to be 100% conclusive…but now we do.
You might not understand what I am saying but to my team and me this brings new building blocks for understanding them in past cultures.

To see a depiction of the reptilians along side of the Harpy Race is astonishing to us, I would say enjoy, but honestly, I do not think you understand.

Excellent thread…, unique disclosure, and updated disclosure for your fellow humans.

Here is a gift for you and you’re searching for the truth.

Rule one.when following the triangle alien race and the history set upon you humans, look for all the pyramids…the sphinx….loll, and the dollar bill.

Aliens didnt start civilazation for you humans.

Every thing that was built by you humans back then was when all humans on earth knew the knowledge of mass telekinisis and telepathy,this was a time in which your fellow past humans didnt need nor whanted the knowlege of reading and writting for it was for told not to...trust the aliens.

Rule 2 When following the reptilian history…look for cultures that depicted reptilian gods or mask made of reptilian and snakes.
The Temptation and Fall of Man

Text 1 Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?”

TextNow the serpent was more cunning

For some reason who ever created your race of humans didnt want you to trust the reptilion race,for what reason, we are still looking into.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------

By the way, the picture is that of the harpy race and the reptilian race coming together for the birth of a reptilian baby and mother or dad going on a journey somewhere.

I depict a time of turbulence for what ever happened it was a secret getaway, for the snakes, head on the left leaves the body as it flees away.

The picture shows a time of racism and war as a reptillion had a baby by a harpy and it was forbidden as both families are their to see it.
edit on 13-12-2011 by LogiosHermes27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I have no idea how anyone observing the image can reach the conclusion of aliens, there's nothing that implies that theory even.

I see snakes, turtles, human beings with 5 toes, perhaps drawn by a human who didn't possess the best artistic skills,nevertheless better than stick men....speaking of which imagine the image was composed of stick men, people would say they look like aliens too,like the tall skinny ones, are they called the blacks or grays? I forget.

Interesting image however, I believe the way the serpents are conveyed mean something, ideologically speaking offcourse....
edit on 13-12-2011 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This review of the book gives a little insight to the meaning of the picture. I think the larger figure represents Baiame the Supreme Intelligence of the universe....Look at the connection between the two figures thru the hands and head.
www.abebooks.co.uk...

Description:
Bookseller Inventory # B2815135
Editorial Reviews:
Synopsis: Here is a legacy of untold value left by the Dreamtime heroes of the Australian Aboriginal people; a race so ancient it is reputed to be descended from the gods. This is a priceless heritage which belongs to every Australian, black or white. The records left by the Wisemen of the Aborigines tell of the creation myth, how Baiame the Supreme Intelligence of the universe, created all living things and how extrasensory perception was used as a means of gaining knowledge of the past and future. There are laws for living on earth and laws for living in the multi dimensions beyond earth. Theirs is a powerful philosophy, one which has meaning and cannot be changed by time or circumstances. It is a spiritual philosophy which most Australians, until recent years, saw as primitive and of little importance to the world.

wwwgetselfconfident-terryn.blogspot.com...

The Creation Period

Many religions are characterised by having a god or gods who in their wisdom created the universe. Baiame is the Great Spirit. It was he who dreamed of creating the world and along with the other spirits Nungeena (Mother Nature), Punjel (the Architect of the Universe) and Yhi (Sun Goddess) they set about making this dream come true.

Punjel, being the Architect of the Universe, took multi-million portions from the Supreme Intelligence of Baiame and created Yowies (souls). These Yowies were given three strong drives; the need for nutrition to sustain a physical body, the desire for reproduction and a will to achieve. These Yowies were then collectively swirled around in an anti-clockwise direction and thrust towards Tya (earth) which created the gravitational force of earth.
Much of this information came from the following sources: Understanding Aboriginal Culture by Cyril Havecker which can be obtained at

Here is a real intreresting find.

There is a painting by Cyril Havecker being sold by Charles Leski Auctions. There is not a picture of it. If it has been sold, I'd love to see that painting, who purchased it, and when.

www.leski.com.au...

Charles Leski Auctions
Paintings & Artworks - Auction 257
131 Cyril Havecker. Aboriginal fantasy c 1940. Oil on board. 74 x 53 cm. (1) $200 - $300

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Good work, isy, I think you've about nailed it. For me, anyway.

Doesn't seem like it's from Italy at all.

Does seem like the author's illustration for a cover.

Good job!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join