It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone Question Bush's motives the day after?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATH911

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
a bunch of purple haired, pierced nose, new age college "alternatives" who insisted Bush was as bad as Bin Laden, the gov't was evil, etc etc etc, and then took their demonstration to the streets waving US flags mounted upside down, handing out flyers, and the like. I'd say around 75 of them, and I'm not making up the part about the purple hair and pierced noses because I saw them with my own eyes.

What difference does it make how they looked? Are you a type of person who judges people based on the way they look?

Well, yes, actually, I do, especially in this case. In case it's been lost on you....and it apparently has....people don't dye their hair purple or pierce their noses because it's a fashion trend. They do it specifically because they want to separate themselves from what they call "mainstream society" and it's a badge of rebellion against the norm to them. In other words, they're openly declaring themselves to be outcasts. Therefore, why should I take them seriously if they're openly announcing themselves to be outcasts and telling the rest of us to take our norms of mainstream society and go [censored] ourselves?

What these idiots don't understand is that they're NOT rebelling against society nor are they even running against the herd. They're simply following some OTHER herd, in this case, the belief that "it's all a government plot" is the answer to pretty much every question there is from "why were we attacked on 9/11" to "Why did they cancel 'Firefly". One guy even told me once that there was a gov't conspiracy behind the price of bananas(!). Such abject paranoia is what leads them to drink the Kool-aid those damned fool conspiracy web sites are serving to begin with, so it's not a "they live outside of mainstream society so they can see things we don't" issue. It's a "they're imagining things that really aren't there specifically because they live outside of mainstream society" issue.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Please spam someone else's thread thank you very much. None of your posts have anything to do with the topic I asked, and this is not one of the 9/11 conspiracy posts.

If you can name me one leader that questioned bush's motives the days after the attacks please let me know otherwise get lost! I don't know why you are even on a conspiracy forum, but looking at your past posting history it just proves that you are here just to troll the 9/11 section.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
I'm trying to figure out what this post of yours has to do with this topic.

The original poster asked whether anyone questioned Bush's motives the day after. It wasn't really the day after, perhaps a month or two after, I forget, but these purple haired, nose pierced "alternatives demonstrating downtown must certainly have questioned Bush's motives, if they felt it was an issue so important to them that they'd jump out in traffic and risk getting hit by a car.

I have to presume there was more to their motives than simply passing them off as being a bunch of monumentally clueless idiots. Do you agree?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Wrong again. Did u even read my post I asked for examples of people in power those protesters weren't someone in power.
edit on 13-12-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Please spam someone else's thread thank you very much. None of your posts have anything to do with the topic I asked, and this is not one of the 9/11 conspiracy posts.

If you can name me one leader that questioned bush's motives the days after the attacks please let me know otherwise get lost! I don't know why you are even on a conspiracy forum, but looking at your past posting history it just proves that you are here just to troll the 9/11 section.

Excuse me? Your original post was, and I quote:

"It was perhaps the highlight of Bush's Presidential term when he said that speech day after 9/11 and issued the war on terror. However, did anybody question him? I know afterwards people did but I think TPTB were all in it together and wanted the wars. They were all on board including religious leaders, the UN, and powerful businessmen. No one questioned America's right to go after the terrorist."

Go back and look if you don't believe me. You didn't reserve the question exclusively to national leaders. You asked if *anyone* questioned Bush in the days after 9/11 during the highlight of his presidential term, and I posted an example of demonstrators who got together a month or two after the attack, and who most certainly questioned his right to invade Afghanistan and go after the terrorists. Despite their purple hair and nose piercings, they're still among the "anyone".

It seems to me you either didn't get the answer you wanted so you're changing the question, or you posted a pretty poorly worded original post. Either way, it seems to me the true spammer here is you; what does YOUR accusations of my being a spammer and a troll have anything to do with the original post? All I did was answer your question.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Anyone meaning those in power, as OWS proved it doesn't matter if a boatload of people are against something. real change happens when someone in power does something about it. My post was mainly about the people in power questioning America's right to go after terrorists after 9/11. That's what the jist of it was pointing out. I didn't like the answers people gave because, they clearly don't understand the question being asked.

I think that if Obama, Al Gore, or John Kerry would have been in office during that time things wouldn't have turned out so differently. It would be mostly the same. So I am tired of the left media and those on the left blaming Bush for everything wrong with the country and saying he was one of the worst Presidents in history. In fact, I really admired him for taking the necessary risks and military action needed directly after the attacks. The rest of his presidency is for a different thread however, I am no Bush supporter. It just gets on my nerves when the left attacks him blindly like that.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Anyone meaning those in power, as OWS proved it doesn't matter if a boatload of people are against something. real change happens when someone in power does something about it. My post was mainly about the people in power questioning America's right to go after terrorists after 9/11. That's what the jist of it was pointing out. I didn't like the answers people gave because, they clearly don't understand the question being asked.

No, it's clearly because it was a poorly worded question and the OP is too adolescent to admit it. When someone asks me "has anyone seen my shoes" I'm NOT going to instinctively think the person is only addressing the question to people in power. It would be one thing if you simply said, "oh well" and accepted whatever answers you received but your taking umbrage with people for not being able to mystically read your mind is only a reflection on you, not others...especially when a legitimate answer was given and you're responding with nonstop "you're just a troll" flame bait when it wasn't to your liking.

You asked a poorly worded question. Deal with it and get on with the topic at hand already.

I think that if Obama, Al Gore, or John Kerry would have been in office during that time things wouldn't have turned out so differently. It would be mostly the same. So I am tired of the left media and those on the left blaming Bush for everything wrong with the country and saying he was one of the worst Presidents in history. In fact, I really admired him for taking the necessary risks and military action needed directly after the attacks. The rest of his presidency is for a different thread however, I am no Bush supporter. It just gets on my nerves when the left attacks him blindly like that.

You misunderstand my position. Personally, I think Bush was an incompetent party boy sent to do a man's job, but under no circumstances would have anyone else been able to have done any better to prevent the attack because the problem wasn't with any one person, but with the entire system. Bush wasn't the one who ordered the fighters to fly in a circle over the Atlantic, it was NORAD controllers. It wasn't Bush who gave conflicting orders to the interceptor pilots, it was the individual commanders of the individual air bases. It wasn't Bush who told the FBI and CIA to withhold information from each other (and sometimes from their own departments) it was the interdepartment mistrust and rivalry that went back through decades. It wasn't Bush who ordered the gov't agencies to turn a blind eye toward terrorism, it was the massive attention being put on the war on drugs. And so on and so forth.

This is the entire reason why these "secret plot to take over the world" conspiracies have zero credibility- unless these truthers are trying to claim Bush went into the towers and planted all those explosives himself, such a conspiracy would necessarily require its own monstrously massive support base, from explosives experts, factories to manufacture fake physical evidence, and armies of disinformation agents from planted false witnesses to planted enginners in NIST and FEMA. Plus, it completely ignores to the point of ignorance all the mischief Islamic fundamentalism has been inflicting throughout the rest of the world. This is something out of a Batman comic book plot than it is any research into the truth.

These truthers are in their own little make believe world of abject paranoia, which is why it's only these characters who were questioning Bush's motives the day after. Russia and China are arguably at the exact polar opposite end of the global power game from the US, and even they are having problems with Islamic fundamentalism.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dillweed
reply to post by TrickoftheShade

#1 - warrantless wiretaps.

Your personal freedom has been materially affected by warrantless wiretaps?

Do tell me how that's happened.

You guys paint a picture of honest (usually white) men straining under the yoke of a terrrible tyranny, and yet to any outsider it looks like the same old bunch of fatties driving big cars and carrying guns and enjoying a standard of living and liberty that most poeple in the world would envy.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I Remember that Speech , Bush was Lying Through his Teeth about " Islamic Terrorists " this , " Islamic Terrorists " that . I Truely Believe 9/11 was Staged by a Cabal of Intelligent Agencies and NWO Minions to usher in the Patriot Act which was used as an Excuse to Override the Constitutional Rights of the American People . One Day , some RAT who was in on it will Spill his Guts to the Public about the Details probablly on his Death Bed before he can be Silenced ..........

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

So if you were familiar with Northwoods, it sounds like you were a "sinister secret plot to take over the world" conspiracy theorist even before 9/11, so when the 9/11 attack came along you instinctively saw things through conspiracy colored glasses. Even then you were playing the Chicken Little card and preaching that all our freedoms were going to be taken away "any moment now".

Thank you. You've just proven everything I've been saying about the conspiracy theorists since day one.

Thank you Dave for demonstrating that there are no conspiracy theories and I am sure you’re here to continue to remind us that there are no evil plots being conspired by any American politicians and that all corporations in America and overseas including the banking cartels of having our best interests at heart. Perhaps you want us to drink your cool-aid that corporate greed and their lobbyist padding our politician’s pockets for favors and passing congressional bills for their own interests is the last thing on their minds.

The fact is People who think that everything is so great and support the static quo are living in a fantasy world. The proof is these people demonstrate that they lap up every word the administration and MSN has to say about anything as the holy grail of truth. The reason why? It’s because they cannot or will not think for themselves and they want to believe in a fantasy that our government are the most trusted servants to the American people.

I do not know what was on George Bush mind before or after 911, however Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and Iran were on the Pentagon table before 911 for a regime change. Most people know this now and the fact is there cannot be any “new world order” when there are dictators in other countries. In order for a new world order to be established, one must destroy dictatorships in countries like North Korea, Russia, China, and Iran.

NWO, doesn’t want competition.
edit on 14-12-2011 by impressme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join