It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone Question Bush's motives the day after?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It was perhaps the highlight of Bush's Presidential term when he said that speech day after 9/11 and issued the war on terror. However, did anybody question him? I know afterwards people did but I think TPTB were all in it together and wanted the wars. They were all on board including religious leaders, the UN, and powerful businessmen. No one questioned America's right to go after the terrorist.

I recall the media brainwashing Americans shortly afterwards causing many to look at most Muslims with suspicion.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I was on alert merely for the fact that before 09/11/2001 ended, the press was saying "Bin Laden did it!" Not, "There is some evidence that Bin Laden was involved, but We will know more in the weeks to come as this is investigated."

The latter was what I expected. The former happened.

And then in the days following We were told that there were no controlled demolition charges and the plane impact/fuel burning brought the Towers (and #7) down. That was just the bow on the box of My suspicions.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

haha true but you are not a government official politician or the 1%. I think they were all in on it together even if it happened exactly they way they told us it did. it seems very deliberate what happened afterwards when America changed for the worse.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
reply to post by Amaterasu

haha true but you are not a government official politician or the 1%. I think they were all in on it together even if it happened exactly they way they told us it did. it seems very deliberate what happened afterwards when America changed for the worse.

Oh, I think it would shock most to find how many helped - for money or for being threatened - yes indeed.

And if One takes the probabilities of things, ALL the many anomalous things, happening presuming the OS is true, the odds skyrocket to other universes. If One presumes an inside, well planned job... Probabilities drop to about 1:1...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
alex jones questioned it as it was happening, and lost a lot of sponsors and was dropped by a lot of stations for it...

He actually 'questioned' it before it happened.

so did bill cooper

now cue a bunch of idiots talking about how much they don't like alex, and completely ignoring the topic at hand
edit on 12-12-2011 by 1825114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 1825114

Exactly, I am not in love with Alex Jones either, but he makes some valid points sometimes, and really that's all anybody ever does during their "careers".

GWB's point about going after the terrorists was completely valid. Even the left media praised him for it!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I remember questioning it as it was happening, saying to myself "this is exactly like Operation Northwoods." I told my wife when the second plane hit the towers "We'll be at war within a few weeks, and you can kiss your freedom goodbye."
There are times when an "I told you so" feels really good. This was not one of those times. Nothing would've made me happier than to have been wrong on that day.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

It was perhaps the highlight of Bush's Presidential term when he said that speech day after 9/11 and issued the war on terror. However, did anybody question him? I know afterwards people did but I think TPTB were all in it together and wanted the wars. They were all on board including religious leaders, the UN, and powerful businessmen. No one questioned America's right to go after the terrorist.

I recall the media brainwashing Americans shortly afterwards causing many to look at most Muslims with suspicion.

I remember just before the invasion of Afghanistan that we had a demonstration here held by a bunch of purple haired, pierced nose, new age college "alternatives" who insisted Bush was as bad as Bin Laden, the gov't was evil, etc etc etc, and then took their demonstration to the streets waving US flags mounted upside down, handing out flyers, and the like. I'd say around 75 of them, and I'm not making up the part about the purple hair and pierced noses because I saw them with my own eyes.

Problem is, they didn't tell anyone they were going to demonstrate, so when they suddenly showed up and marched down main street out of nowhere, all the traffic in the center of town was instantly blocked all the way back to the highway. They marched down the middle of the street to city hall when the police had enough of their hijinks and busted up the demonstration because a) they didn't notify anyone they were going to demonstrate b) they were causing massive traffic jams c) the idiots were in danger of getting themselves killed from playing in the street. I distinctly remember the next day in the newspaper, there was a local editorial cartoon showing a Vietnam protestor standing next to one of their protestors and telling him "Yeah, but WE were RIGHT!".

Even then, the "sinister plot to take over the world" characters had zero credibility.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
I remember questioning it as it was happening, saying to myself "this is exactly like Operation Northwoods." I told my wife when the second plane hit the towers "We'll be at war within a few weeks, and you can kiss your freedom goodbye."
There are times when an "I told you so" feels really good. This was not one of those times. Nothing would've made me happier than to have been wrong on that day.

So if you were familiar with Northwoods, it sounds like you were a "sinister secret plot to take over the world" conspiracy theorist even before 9/11, so when the 9/11 attack came along you instinctively saw things through conspiracy colored glasses. Even then you were playing the Chicken Little card and preaching that all our freedoms were going to be taken away "any moment now".

Thank you. You've just proven everything I've been saying about the conspiracy theorists since day one.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I think people are missing the point of this thread or are not reading it completely. I am NOT asking YOU if YOU questioned Bush's actions that day. I am asking if anybody who rules the world questioned Bush that day. Not YOU, TPTB. So if YOU questioned Bush's actions that day, that's great! But please make your own thread for that because that's not what I am asking.
edit on 12-12-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
a bunch of purple haired, pierced nose, new age college "alternatives" who insisted Bush was as bad as Bin Laden, the gov't was evil, etc etc etc, and then took their demonstration to the streets waving US flags mounted upside down, handing out flyers, and the like. I'd say around 75 of them, and I'm not making up the part about the purple hair and pierced noses because I saw them with my own eyes.

What difference does it make how they looked? Are you a type of person who judges people based on the way they look?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

To answer your question, I am not aware of any political, financial, religious, or social leader calling anything into question with regard to the real circumstances of 9/11/2001. Except for the nutjob in Iran I am still not aware of anyone in a real leadership role questioning the facts of that day. Many may call into question actions taken by the US after 9/11 (I personally think we should have gone into Iraq sooner and harder).

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I remember watching the blind patriotism from the media and finding it disgusting. I was particularly obsessed with Fox News at the time, which was the most blatant in its unquestioning support for the President, but as I recall all the major media outlets failed in their duty to report objectively and investigate honestly, especially in the run up to the war in Iraq. I can give some credence to the idea that this was a natural response to having been attacked, but it always felt more orchestrated than that to me.

In addition to Alex Jones and Bill Cooper, both mentioned above, I also remember a few others criticizing the administration's response or countering the official narrative, but not many. Phil Donahue and Bill Maher jump to mind, but I don't remember the details off hand (I think both lost their respective shows?). Jon Stewart also spent a lot of time pointing out the inconsistencies (I'd call them lies) in the justification for war with Iraq as a response to 9/11. I doubt any of them count as TPTB though...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicrat
In addition to Alex Jones and Bill Cooper, both mentioned above, I also remember a few others criticizing the administration's response or countering the official narrative, but not many. Phil Donahue and Bill Maher jump to mind, but I don't remember the details off hand (I think both lost their respective shows?). Jon Stewart also spent a lot of time pointing out the inconsistencies (I'd call them lies) in the justification for war with Iraq as a response to 9/11. I doubt any of them count as TPTB though...

Yeah extreme nut job Mahmoud Ahmadinejad questioned it to, and the point I am trying to make is that it was a deliberate attempt to take away our freedoms even if the events happened exactly as they told us it did.

So the question now is are the nut jobs really so nutty for questioning everyone else's patriotism during that time. I think Bush handled the next few days exceptionally and would be shocked if Obama could do the same, but once the patriot act was signed and the war started we lost a lot of support!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

I was right about the war. I was right about the freedoms. That's not being a conspiracy theorist in my book, or playing "chicken little" as you call it. That's called understanding corporate agenda, or side-stepping the sky as it crashes to the ground. The thing people need to realize is; the New World Order isn't the plot. The plot is to stop it from happening. If a new world order were to take affect, you'd see lots of millionaires and billionaires suddenly out of a way to make capital. An international monarchy would never hold. If the NWO were to become a reality, it could only work through the cooperation of the world's people and without the limitations of religion. Two things the "elite" are afraid of. The elite hate public freedom and are dependent on religion to keep the masses in check.
I would agree that there are plenty of theorists out there who buy too much stock in tin foil and canned foods, who take every comet passing to the extreme, but to classify people who saw and recognized a false flag in a poor light only reflects your personal bias towards forward thinking people, painting yourself as an advocate of the status quo.
I'm sorry, but not everyone subscribes to bull$h!t, nor do we all willingly partake in the drinking of kool-aid.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

You're right, he and those like him are advocates of the status quo. To a man, they toe the party line. There has to be a way to overcome it. Even though we're selling truth, it's been a hard sell.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

How on earth has your freedom been materially affected? I know you Americans have odd notions of what "freedom" is - the liberty to eat a zillion cheeseburgers a day and shoot people who look at you funny - but really. How has your freedom disappeared since 9/11?

If you say something about having to wait in lines longer at airports I shall guffaw. Openly.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
reply to post by GoodOlDave

I was right about the war. I was right about the freedoms. That's not being a conspiracy theorist in my book, or playing "chicken little" as you call it. That's called understanding corporate agenda, or side-stepping the sky as it crashes to the ground. The thing people need to realize is; the New World Order isn't the plot. The plot is to stop it from happening. If a new world order were to take affect, you'd see lots of millionaires and billionaires suddenly out of a way to make capital. An international monarchy would never hold. If the NWO were to become a reality, it could only work through the cooperation of the world's people and without the limitations of religion. Two things the "elite" are afraid of. The elite hate public freedom and are dependent on religion to keep the masses in check.
I would agree that there are plenty of theorists out there who buy too much stock in tin foil and canned foods, who take every comet passing to the extreme, but to classify people who saw and recognized a false flag in a poor light only reflects your personal bias towards forward thinking people, painting yourself as an advocate of the status quo.
I'm sorry, but not everyone subscribes to bull$h!t, nor do we all willingly partake in the drinking of kool-aid.

Yes you do. You're all but advertising in neon lights that you're a hard core kool-aid drinker because you keep screaming "we've lost all our freedoms" and yet you haven't been able to provide even ONE freedom you've lost that you had before 9/11. Yeah, you lost the ability to bring box cutters onto airplanes but I don't recall anywhere in the constitution that declared that to be a freedom. As for "being right about your prediction we were going to war", we were sucker punched on 9/11 and 3000 people died. Of course we were going to go ballistic on the culprits for payback. What other "astounding predictions" did you have that came true, that weapons makers sell more stuff to the government during times of war?

In short, you're reading all that "the gov't is plotting to murder us all" nonsense on those damned fool conspiracy web sites and you're lapping it up like a kitten laps up milk, and yove been so seduced by it you can't even stop to think it over critically. If even ONE thing you've been griping about was true, your posts would be deleted and you'd have been rounded up for the concentration camps the moment you pressed the ENTER key.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TrickoftheShade

#1 - warrantless wiretaps.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

I remember just before the invasion of Afghanistan that we had a demonstration here held by a bunch of purple haired, pierced nose, new age college "alternatives" who insisted Bush was as bad as Bin Laden, the gov't was evil, etc etc etc, and then took their demonstration to the streets waving US flags mounted upside down, handing out flyers, and the like. I'd say around 75 of them, and I'm not making up the part about the purple hair and pierced noses because I saw them with my own eyes.

Problem is, they didn't tell anyone they were going to demonstrate, so when they suddenly showed up and marched down main street out of nowhere, all the traffic in the center of town was instantly blocked all the way back to the highway. They marched down the middle of the street to city hall when the police had enough of their hijinks and busted up the demonstration because a) they didn't notify anyone they were going to demonstrate b) they were causing massive traffic jams c) the idiots were in danger of getting themselves killed from playing in the street. I distinctly remember the next day in the newspaper, there was a local editorial cartoon showing a Vietnam protestor standing next to one of their protestors and telling him "Yeah, but WE were RIGHT!".

Even then, the "sinister plot to take over the world" characters had zero credibility.

I'm trying to figure out what this post of yours has to do with this topic.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join