It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Military Practicing Straits Of Hormuz Closure

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
reply to post by Ben81

China would see the biggest impact if the Straits are closed.

I don't think that they would stand for that.

The US could sit back and let China take the lead on that

Ok saying they will completely shut down the SOH is a little bit exagerated
they will control it and add defenses for the entire canal
it will be dumb of them literaly closing it for no one to pass
China will probably be an exeption like a few other ally

edit on 12/12/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
reply to post by Ben81

China would see the biggest impact if the Straits are closed.

I don't think that they would stand for that.

The US could sit back and let China take the lead on that

Oh no your 100% wrong my friend. Look at a map. China would have everything to GAIN. They don't need the strait, China is located on the same Continent and relatively close. Especially close compared to how far away america is.

In fact, china is probably the one pushing for all of this.. They have everything to gain.
edit on 12-12-2011 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I Believe the actions will remain Covert for the time being, and whilst i believe eventually the complete demolition of Irans nuke facilities is in the near future, as of now i believe Iran is now showing that it is 'Prepared' on a psychological level,

we have to remember just because it's not being reported, doesn't mean actions are not taking place behind the scenes,

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
They would only hurt themselves...
What else does Iran export that provides income?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

You forgot to mention that the US wants to sanction Irans Oil-Exports...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Practicing and actually closing the Straight of Hormuz are two different things. If i was expecting the US to attack at any time soon, I to would practice tactical measures like that. It is the only way to see were your weaknesses are.

In a real scenario Iran would dump thousands of mines into the whole Straight Of Hormuz. That would do the job for a few months or maybe years.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenon

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

You forgot to mention that the US wants to sanction Irans Oil-Exports...

That has been denied by the EU i think. Iran is still exporting oil and gas.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Im pretty sure that Russia and China and many other countries would be pissed that 40% of the worlds oil supply just got choked off. Remember this isnt just where Iran ships oil but the other OPEC countries as well and those countries also export to China.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Iran couldn't mine the straits.

They don't comprehend we can count the hairs on their head from satellites.

We've been using blue/green lasers to scan the ocean floor in Hawaii.

The new P-8 Poseidon submarine hunter plane would use Blue/Green lasers and scan the ocean, see the mines, and destroy them.

Silly Iranians.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It's a natural choke point around 60km across at the shortest point.
the anoucment is just iran speaking to other millitaries, US and others
making sure they know the ecconomic conseqences of this war.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

There apparently been another explosion in Iran..its a speceial steel making facility for making parts for centrifuges and rocket exhausts..Official explanation says some ammunition exploded, their have been deaths.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonentity
reply to post by Shenon

There apparently been another explosion in Iran..its a speceial steel making facility for making parts for centrifuges and rocket exhausts..Official explanation says some ammunition exploded, their have been deaths.

This sounds like something worth looking into. I'll see if I can find anything else out

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Why is everyone reacting as if Iran has just closed the strait? They are practicing ...

Its a show of consequences should the US or Israel attack them. So they should practice!

But its just a dry run so calm down

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Tel Aviv and Tehran Clergy in Oil Price – War Scare Fraud …Iran Nuke Arsenal Exposed...
by Editors Gordon Duff and Jim W. Dean, with Mike Harris

www.veteranstoday.com...

there does that explain it?
it is all a scam
they like the us government all work for the same damn bankers that just turned the US and everything under the US security parimeter inta a NAZI hell hole...with s1876 etc...

All the zionist yaketty yack, all the Faux news BS, all the israel first dual passport stooges who will die of the same vaccine induced cancers as the rest of the forclosed pension deprived tards that serve the luciferian tards

US oil goes to Israel then China and then is sold to the US who hasn't built a new refinery since the 70s

The US, in order to finish funding the bankers takover of the free world has to drive the price up through the roof by cutting off the supplies of OTHER people' s oil by creating an artificial scarcity

This will give the bankersquisds an even tighter death grip on the throats of all the sheeple peeps that think this is about politics or religion or money.
The pure DUMB ANIMALS that henry Kissassenger said " oil controls countries, food controls people"
Its about total subjugation of the whole planet

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Yet Iran has a good history of deploying sea mines and in the Iran - Iraq war both nations used sea mines. Indeed, the last time the Iranian navy was complicit in mining ships it resulted in the USS USS Samuel B. Roberts being damaged in 1988 and for their efforts the Iranains lost a frigate and other vessels sunk.

It is not that Iran could not make a good effort in closing the Straits, it is just that they would not be able to in the face of the other Gulf States who would not tolerate such an act, as well as the US and other Western naval assets that are omnipresent in the Gulf.

The one thing that characterises Iran is the amount of "threats" seem to come from them. All threats and guff, yet no real chance.

Regards
edit on 12/12/2011 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Your talking about Iran, a third world bunch of lunatics that aint got the sense to use whatever technology they can manage to steal or get from the Chinese or the Russians. Let em block it and stop the flow of oil and they might get a few cruise missiles right up the wazoo ! This just proves how ignorant they really are ! It wouldnt take but a day to totally annihilate there whole little navy and air force and pretty much there whole military. I say send a couple of carriers to sit in the strait and flip em off and moon em when their ridin by. They would probably go home and hide !
edit on 12-12-2011 by mntnhooger because: added to it

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

They don't comprehend we can count the hairs on their head from satellites.

We've been using blue/green lasers to scan the ocean floor in Hawaii.

The new P-8 Poseidon submarine hunter plane would use Blue/Green lasers and scan the ocean, see the mines, and destroy them.

Silly Iranians.

you'd still have to find them and destroy them. the u.s. doesn't use submarines for that. they use mine sweeping boats.

they also use bottle nose dolphins to hunt and mark mines. they also have to do this under fire.

and then, mines are a form of psychological warfare. this could impact the world oil market for years.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
They tried this before and it did not work out so well and they are less capable no then they were then while the US is much more prepared this time.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Why do a dry run , it will only tip off others as to what there plan is when they try doing it for real , no?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
So again I post,
Anyone ever hear of the panama canal?
If you look at: 24°14'54" N 54°32'52"E and 17°39'58"N 54°01'29"E you will notice nato military air bases.
The reason I bring this to your attention is because the United Arab Emirates and Oman happen to be Nato allies.

When you look at Ras Al-Khaimah we can now see with current technology the Straights of UAE taking place.
This could take as long as a few months, now if the Russians, China, Syria, Iran, and the North Korea Alliance,
decide to try and prevent this, well, then I guess we will have our 3rd world war.
So in fact I happen to agree with Ben81 with thumbs up to Iran, except for different reason.

Yes we have enough oil reserves to build the Straight of UAE, the UAE would of course charge for this and would probably drive oil prices up in the USA by about .20c per gallon.

When people post about the end of days, the constitution coming to an end, Military control, Us citizens being tossed into detention camps and a 3rd world war, all I can say is you fall right into what they want. The rhetoric is amazing.

When I agreed with Ben81, what I meant is for Iran to go ahead and isolate itself even further, if for some chance
they where to succeed in creating a 3rd world war all they would create is the guaranteed outcome of global government.

Look at all the unfair sanctions they received from the world

I believe Obama wants this, if what the media says is true about him saying the Founding Fathers are wrong and all of that crap. I do not believe the time is right as he does and in particular because I think he wants to do it with bloodshed. Yes eventually we will have to deal with a one world government. As we progress as a Human Race we should be prepared for and look forward to global peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join