It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it's almost done decoding US drone

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Iran says it's almost done decoding US drone

news.yahoo.com

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran claims its experts are in the final stages of recovering data from the U.S. surveillance drone captured by Iranian armed forces.

Lawmaker Parviz Sorouri, from the parliament's national security and foreign policy committee, says the extracted information will be used to file a lawsuit against the U.S. for the "invasion" by the unmanned aircraft.

Sorouri also says Iran has the capability to reproduce the drone through reverse engineering. He didn't elaborate. His remarks were carried by state TV on Monday.

The TV broadcast a video on Thursday of Iranian m
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 12-12-2011 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/12/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
So they reverse engineer this dronel God help us! It won't be long before we has Iranian drones flying in our country but lucky for us, they won't make it far without getting blown to smitherings. But other countries won't be that lucky and they will take advantage of it.Anyone else this could led to the bombing of Iran?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Maybe it was deliberate - and full of hidden viruses!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Hmm, lead to the bombing of Iran? Nah.. I hope not. However, they refused to return a toy the USA sent over there. I bet the big babies in office are throwing a tantrum.

I try my best to stay away from war-related subjects. But it's really to the point where I'm reading about it everywhere, not just on ATS. I'm even starting to believe the WW3 hype lol.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I see 2 scenarios here:

1. The Iranians with help from the chinese and/or russians managed to crack the coding of the data transfer from the central command through the sattelite to the drone, or even worst, infiltrated the encryped communications of the US military. This scenario is pretty bad, that means that all US military technology just became vulnarable to all it's enemies....

2. The US deliberatly gave control of the drone, they were expected that the drone would be copied by the iranians/chinese/russians and in this way they gain access to their system since they know the flaws in the US system or the flaws that they deliberatly created.

Both scenarios are pretty bad in my opinion. in the first scenario, you can imagine what the blow to the US would be if Iran can take control of the military equipment... more so... one of the most HiTech equipment... in the second scenario they are anticipating a major conflict and sounds like they want to take control of the enemy
) well you guys decide what's the best option

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I doubt the USA is that bothered by it. Its a risk that is assessed before using the equipment. If they were that concerned then it would not be flying over Iran. They either want them to have it, or are not that bothered by the fact that they have it.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Its a drone, who the hell cares?
It was meant to be disposable.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I heard the Drones were supposed to have Thermite self destruct devices inside of it, that would have fried the actuall delicate and important internal components.

Also regardless, then they now have Stealth technology with the Design of the craft, and the material that was used to make it, Stealth Nuclear weapons :O ? I could see how Isreal could use this to atleast claim Iran will do this unless they make a Pre Emptive

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by HeavierThanLight
I doubt the USA is that bothered by it. Its a risk that is assessed before using the equipment. If they were that concerned then it would not be flying over Iran. They either want them to have it, or are not that bothered by the fact that they have it.

I doubt they are not bother by it... only in the case that they wanted them to have it.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaOwl

take it like this. You are a kid, you go and buy the best radio controlled boat money can buy, no other kids on the block have ever seen one like yours. Then the bully of the block comes with a remote and hijacks you boat, takes it to the other shore and goes home with it. would you like it?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr
Hmm, lead to the bombing of Iran? Nah.. I hope not. However, they refused to return a toy the USA sent over there. I bet the big babies in office are throwing a tantrum.

I try my best to stay away from war-related subjects. But it's really to the point where I'm reading about it everywhere, not just on ATS. I'm even starting to believe the WW3 hype lol.

what on earth are you talking about, of course they are throwing a tantrum, what are the capabilities of the drone, does it have weapons attached to it, what if it malfunctions and shoots randomly killing innocents, does it have a target.

Does it have a camera installed, why is it in Iran, who's privacy will be invaded by the camera, who are they surveilling?, no air clearance was given for the vehicle to be in that airspace.

You know America, it is not only you who deserves rights you now!!!!!!!

+ if you saw a drone flying over your airspace without clearance then you would throw a tantrum and probably start another war, lets hope its just a lawsuit or a complaint.
edit on 12-12-2011 by ShadowZion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kobewan69

take it like this. You are a kid, you go and buy the best radio controlled boat money can buy, no other kids on the block have ever seen one like yours. Then the bully of the block comes with a remote and hijacks you boat, takes it to the other shore and goes home with it. would you like it?

what a stupid thing to say, sorry for my honesty but seriously!

No you wouldn't like it but read my post above! This is not the same as a bully stealing from a kid, this could potential put lives in danger or invade privacy.

To add to what i said above, what if it runs out of what ever is keeping it up, whatever it may be, gas, batteries, where is it going to land, what or better yet who might it hit on the way down.

Unless the country as to of which you are sending military equipment into has given you permission to enter the country (in this case iran) then and only then may you enter and if you break this law then LEGAL action will have to be taken against this ILLEGAL crime!!!

Full support to Iran on this one, And NO, i am English!!!

Put the shoe on the other foot.
edit on 12-12-2011 by ShadowZion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kobewan69

Drones, drones, drones...we could drone along all day about this.

A drone takes pictures. Maybe the Iranians want to see who we took pictures of. Maybe they are so impressed by "advanced technology" they are approaching this the same way we look at UFOs and the need to reverse engineer the aliens' technology.

They caught our flying camera. Big deal. We have a flying camera on Mars, now let them try to do that.
We put cameras on Mars, they kidnap hikers...yes, they have caught up so quickly in technological advancements, which is funny because the Persians have been around thousands of years longer as a civilization.

I thought the Persians were descendents of the Annunaki. Well, that didn't help them much.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

(not to add a bit of ripping) is what i originally started to write to you, however..........

because it is disposable doesn't give your military the right to take it into airspace that it is not clear for, nor to just dump it down on another country when it runs out of gas or whatever.

Iran is not Americas personal trash bin, it is a country and i can guarantee that if this had happened to the US, the US would be doing exactly the same thing that Iran is doing. It is what any country would do.

Stop complaining about it and face the consequences of breaking INTERNATIONAL LAW

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
This is one more page in chapter 'Iran' of the book ' Earth's History' 5th edition. The question is wether or not its the bookmarks favourite resting place?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
If these things can fire hellfire missles why the heck wasnt a self destruct used just in case this happened?Maybe the posters saying it was purposely allowed to be captured have a point...

e

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Agree with one of the posters, the fact this hasnt been bricked or self destructed makes me smell a rat. If a phone company can brick an iphone they surely America can stop a drone from being accessed. Think this is a ploy to let them develop the tech and we can just watch what they are up to.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowZion

(not to add a bit of ripping) is what i originally started to write to you, however..........

because it is disposable doesn't give your military the right to take it into airspace that it is not clear for, nor to just dump it down on another country when it runs out of gas or whatever.

Iran is not Americas personal trash bin, it is a country and i can guarantee that if this had happened to the US, the US would be doing exactly the same thing that Iran is doing. It is what any country would do.

Stop complaining about it and face the consequences of breaking INTERNATIONAL LAW

Lol. I'm pretty sure he meant that it's not that big deal to the US government as it's told around here in ATS.

He's pretty accurate though. It is, after all, a drone. Drones are meant to gather information at risky places where it is not safe yet to send manned aircrafts to. Nobody in their right mind ever thought that no drones will ever be downed.

Unfortunately this forum is so emotion based, it almost seems like the USA haters are confident that this is it - USA was defeated by Iran for having one (out of how many?) of it's droned brought down.

Come to think of it, the rhetoric here is pretty hilarious:
Explosion at Iran? -JUST A MISTAKE!! IRAN IS INVINCIBLE!
Another explosion? -BAD MISTAKE! NOTHING HAPPENED!
Anything bad on Iran? -STUPID WESTERN ZIONIST MEDIA BRAINWASHES YOU!!

A single story of a single drone being brought down? -100% TRUTH! HAHA, AMERICA IS A BUNCH OF LOSERS! BLAH BLAH BLAH WHAT YOU THINK YOU CAN BREAK INTERNATIONAL LAW AND GET AWAY WITH IT? LOL BLAH BLAH BLAH YOU GUYS SUCK BLAH BLAH IRAN CYBERWARRIORS IS THE BEST YOU THINK IRAN IS IRAQ?? LOL USA IS STUPID BLAH BLAH.

Just a reminder of proportions.
edit on 12-12-2011 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Do you advocate the bombing of Iran?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
So... to get this straight. You violate their country spying illegaly with drones and somehow when they take your own drone and think the fact they might do the same then it's somehow EVIL... yeap that makes total sense..

click for awesomeness

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join