It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it's almost done decoding US drone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I can't believe the Iranians and their allies were stupid enough to take the bait, but they did, which alone confirms a great many things.

No one with common sense could possibly assume that the USA would send a drone in and for it to be captured by enemies so easily, unless they wanted it to happen that way.

This was perhaps the most brilliant strategic use of a drone EVER, best part, no one was killed.

Silly Iranians!

edit on 12-12-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
In the intelligence community it is a well known fact that information older than 24 hours is outdated and no longer relevant. It has taken Iran more than 24 hours to decode this therefore they will learn nothing by decoding the information. They may reverse engineer the drone, but intelligence wise there will be nothing relevant.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
In the intelligence community it is a well known fact that information older than 24 hours is outdated and no longer relevant. It has taken Iran more than 24 hours to decode this therefore they will learn nothing by decoding the information. They may reverse engineer the drone, but intelligence wise there will be nothing relevant.

The information distracted from the drone might be relevant and useful for Iran, if the UN is worth the paper it is written on.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
If these things can fire hellfire missles why the heck wasnt a self destruct used just in case this happened?Maybe the posters saying it was purposely allowed to be captured have a point...

e

This is where I'm confused. I'd think they would have a dead man switch on it for if the command module was interupted, the auto distruct would be set in motion. I almost think this whole this is intentional for some odd reason!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

The information distracted from the drone might be relevant and useful for Iran,

Did you mean extracted?

Not nearly as useful as having the "data" being retrieved and decoded/decrypted by the Russians and Chinese. And having the hardware and other components moving around in the hands of all of them.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bearack
I almost think this whole this is intentional for some odd reason!

You think?

The news cycle on this is very much behind the game, so I am sure it's too late for THEM to be asking these questions now.... So, it's all good.

Hey, maybe some of the data, including video will end up on wikileaks in time?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77

Iran says it's almost done decoding US drone

news.yahoo.com

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran claims its experts are in the final stages of recovering data from the U.S. surveillance drone captured by Iranian armed forces.

Lawmaker Parviz Sorouri, from the parliament's national security and foreign policy committee, says the extracted information will be used to file a lawsuit against the U.S. for the "invasion" by the unmanned aircraft.

Sorouri also says Iran has the capability to reproduce the drone through reverse engineering. He didn't elaborate. His remarks were carried by state TV on Monday.

The TV broadcast a video on Thursday of Iranian m
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 12-12-2011 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/12/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

B as in B, S as in S.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

And even then reverse engineering the software and the design itself is going to take time. It is a long and laborious process and while the Iranians are far from stupid people, they only have the one to work from. They may or may not have decoded and can see whatever intel it was gathering, but will never rightly know what it was gathering it for let alone be able to use it themselves. Maybe they just like seeing pictures of themselves.

This isn't quite the boondoggle people want to make it out to be. They didn't likely track it through radar and electronic means, it was probably spotted by a random patrol on the ground. By it's very nature the military is aware of the likelihood of losing any number of drones limiting the tech enemies will be exposed to. Then the materials required to build them, may or may not be readily available to them. It isn't like they managed to do anything with the F-14's we sold them except use them until they ran out of parts.

This same fear mongering went on back in 98 when the stealth fighter got shot down in Bosnia, yet anyone else has yet to produce a single one of those. Which do you think China and Russia would be most interested in copying? If I were to be worried about this on any level, it would have to be why are we rattling sabers? A war with Iran would be more disastrous than Iraq and Afghanistan put together and put the final nail in the economies coffin.
edit on 12-12-2011 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77

So they reverse engineer this dronel God help us! It won't be long before we has Iranian drones flying in our country but lucky for us, they won't make it far without getting blown to smitherings. But other countries won't be that lucky and they will take advantage of it.Anyone else this could led to the bombing of Iran?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

You obviously have no idea what a honeypot is do you?

lol... they are doing EXACTLY as we want them to...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

This was planned... the drone has malware on it....

Sit back and watch the Western Technology blow the primitives out of the water YET AGAIN...

Just like Stuxnet

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

That is a very real possibility, no doubt. However it has been used as little more than scare tactics for primary voters. To me it isn't a huge issue even if it weren't. They claim to have decoded and extracted information from a drone taking photos of Iran. Maybe they are going to use them on their new batch of travel brochures.

What you suggest isn't so far fetched and is based in reality because we do know Iran has people sitting 24/7 trying to break into our databases right along with our good friends China and Russia. Either way whatever they glean from it will be of negligible use to them.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by capone1

I echo that by screaming it across the biggest Grandest canyon in the US, hoping it would vibrate through the nation:

FICTION..... SOS...... FICTION!!!

So that Yahoo, Fox and all the other clowns say there is a US drone downed in Iran, that it is being decoded by Iranains, DOES NOT MAKE IT SO!! Why do you choose to believe this story? Does it make you feel like a warrior to excite your senses, and your yearning for true patriotic belonging to stand together in a story that can not be verified beyond any doubt? Is that why you jumped onto this drone bandwagon?

How gullable are we??? Has ANYTHING ever been told in the name of war by the US really been intended to simply convey the truth? Even the war declared on the US citizens itself has been such utter fiction, that it borders illusional. Take 9/11. Did you fall for it? Are you falling for a drone?

Hey, bring me this info from someone living in Iran, or an Irian news agency, I we might be a little further removed from hearsay.

It apears that selective gullability is being practiced. Choose to believe their rumours when it suits you. Like the drone story.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
They can't do sh*t with the drone themselves. It's like giving a f-16 fighter to the ancient mayas. Could they reverse engineer it?

I bet they will hand it over to the Russians at a very hefty price. The Russians and Chinese could reverse engineer it but the Iranians NO WAY.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Aww, Obama has asked for his drone back

edit on 12-12-2011 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I pray to all the religions that this is the end of the drones. A way to jam them could only help the world. Warfare could go back to idiots linning up in a row and shooting at eachother.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bearack

This is where I'm confused. I'd think they would have a dead man switch on it for if the command module was interupted, the auto distruct would be set in motion. I almost think this whole this is intentional for some odd reason!

Intentional is like a Bible Vision and white flag is always a goodwill gesture.
More than likely a goodwill gesture, if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
BOOM BOOM.

Iranian buffoons cant even move a warhead around a parking lot without it going BOOM BOOM.

This didn't happen just once, but it happened twice, and I would bet it was all planned out all along.

With these two very easily accomplished BOOM BOOMs, it was a natural progression for the US to send another well thought out "gift"

The beauty of this all, is that the dumdums in Iran think they have a real prize.

And they do, unfortunately it has not the luster they believe it to have.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Remember, there is an order to things.

You have to shout "Pull" as soon as a drone comes into view. Otherwise you cant log your points.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by spy66

The information distracted from the drone might be relevant and useful for Iran,

Did you mean extracted?

Not nearly as useful as having the "data" being retrieved and decoded/decrypted by the Russians and Chinese. And having the hardware and other components moving around in the hands of all of them.

You think in the wrong direction. Russia and China will get this info; The US dont have to worry about that at all. But for Iran its very important that they get to display this Intel to the UN.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ok a few points firstly
The signal codes as a few are worried about ( being now able to intercept anything with the broken codes )
Don't worry not possible just google havequick,this is a simpler version of what is currently used

Yes the reverse engineering of both software and hardware
Software - yes could be a concern ...... But do you think irans allies don't already have it ?
They've captured drones before
However the computer assistance required to fly certain stealth aircraft is another matter . The only reason a B2 and f117 stayed in the air was because of very sophisticated software - this may be usefull
The structure and materials ? Again irans allies already have this int and have for a long time
What gets me the most and is something I hadent factored for before was Iran taking this hardware - and cracked software showing the aircrafts route ( at least ) to the UN
WOW I didn't see that comming
That's a very clever move - just think about it !
Unless it turns out the UN asked the US to conduct these ops - but would irans allies at the UN have allowed it ?
So Iran takes this to the UN screaming invasion - the UN has to do something or the world will see it for what it is
And guess who's 2 of the permanent members of the UN security council oh yeah irans 2 bestest buddies
This piece of the picture just got a bit more interesting

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join