It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul gets all eyes during Saurday Night Fight & DOMINATES [VIDEO] (of the bloodshed)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Great debate! My biggest question is, WTF is up with rick perry?! I mean he destroyed himself, now he's all like, "yeah ron paul is the #!" That just blew my mind, i wounder if TPTB want people to think, of rick perry sucks, he likes paul, so screw paul! Or he's just like # it i don't care, i'll say what i want, who knows...

There is one major issue still in pauls way. The stupidity. Think about this, sure there is tons of paul support online, on the cars, and in the yards, probally more than any candidate! Seems great doesn't it? Well think of it this way, those people are those who pay attention, do their own research, and actually care. All the other people? They don't know anything. They just blindly vote, weather it be from the R or D beside the name, a catchy last name, or something they heard on CNN, idiots are the majority of the voters.

I stay with my girlfriend's family for reason i will not discuss. There are 2 parents, brother, her, sister, and myself.
Well the brother and i are voting paul in the primaries and in the election. The girlfriend probably won't vote in the primary because she doesn't care, but if elected, will vote in the election. The sister is too young. Now, both the parents, will vote obama. That's 3 out of 5 people who will vote paul in my home.

Why?

Well if you ask them as i have, this is what you will get...

"Cause he did such a great derpdado job ya no! (yeah spelled no)"

"What did he do?"

"Well uh! Uh! Uh! He got OSAMA! DerpdaDO!!!"

Yeah reasons like that. So you have the people who will just vote obama cause he was the president already. Then you have the racists who will vote someone else because obama is black, then you'll have the people who just blame the president for everything vote whatever has the R beside their name.

Its #ing stupid, humans are doomed.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuncrazy
reply to post by dadgad

I'll refrain from being a dbag. you give entirely too much credit to corporations and not nearly enough to the people. I could have told you that Obama was simply an extension of G dubs 3rd term. Everything that sent our country into a death spiral your man Obama continued. War in Afghan, Iraq. Guantanamo, and to top it off he bailed out big money.

Ron Paul is the man for many reasons, but mainly because he kills the problem at it's root. I will be the first to admit that i have healthy skepticism about the man, but mostly because i never trust anything until it comes true. to be against Ron Paul is simply un-American. He stands for everything the constitution does. if you think it's the governments job to make your life better... well then.... grow a pair and figure out what it is YOU'RE not doing to make it better. I'm sick of this "someone has to take care of me" crap. that is not and never has been what the American dream was about.

As I mentioned before in this thread, I acknowledge the fact that he(Obama) has not kept many of his promises. But on the other hand, the situation is on every level very complex and I don't expect one man to be able to fix this and certainly not within this system. Personally, I myself wouldn't know what to do about those wars. You see, it's very easy to say let's go home. I mean, after you completely destroy a nation it seems to easy a way out to me. Way to easy. (of course the premise should be to leave, don't get me wrong)

In any case. Phrases such as being against Ron Paul is equal to being un-American don't work on me, that kind emotional black-male is really immature(no offence). It destroys every opportunity for intelligent and open discussion, you should know better.

You see it is so easy to say government is bad, we don't need anybody to take care of us and all that liberal talk. But it simply isn't true. We very much need governing. We need regulations, control, limitations and all that. Otherwise things don't work. If you say we need no government, the market will solve everything you are really laying your trust into private hands. I mean that is exactly what got us here. Private corporations doing whatever they felt like.
edit on 13-12-2011 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Originally posted by dadgad

What Paul desires simply won't happen. First of all, the corporate power scheme is way to powerful and concentrated. Secondly he would actually help them, since he wants to hand out everything to the market.

Competition won't solve anything. They will win. They always win.

You hit the nail on the head with that as well as the comments about threats to our existence as the result of rapid technological advances that can only be addressed by global organization. Libertarianism might have worked when we were mostly all small farmers with a seemingly limitless frontier but it doesn't work for a large industrialized nation. The fact is that we had a system much closer to Libertarianism a hundred years ago and it didn't work. Without government regulation of big business we wound up with the power concentrated in the hands of a few oligarchs with many negative results for everyone else.

On a separate note, in my book red flags go up anytime someone starts in with the "if you don't believe in my candidate you're a traitor or un-American" even if I do agree with parts of their platform.

Thank you. You made very valid points and I agree with everything you just said.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by therealdemoboy
reply to post by dadgad

We are in this mess because we aren't following the current model. This is what Dr. Paul is suggesting. Follow the Constitution, and respect the rule of law. You wouldn't have the same inflation-created bubbles, and you wouldn't have corporate big-wigs making a few extra billions thanks to unconstitutional legal protections.
There isn't a better system on paper than ours. We just have to allow the "chains of the constitution" to once again bind the federal government, and then have the states follow suit.

But people aren't following it and they won't. Even with him in office. Why is that? I have different opinions about it. One is that I think it's an outdated document and no longer applicable to the times we live in. Secondly capitalism is running out of control. We are in a crisis of capitalism. And capitalism at it's height is purely immoral, sinful and utterly destructive. You can waive with your constitution and say "hey you're not following the rules" and they will just continue what their doing. They are shrewed, clever and ruthless. They get what they want.

So this is it. I'm saying it, the system isn't working.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well all I can say is that the role of the president has been reduced to practically that of a scapegoat the past few terms, and Ron Paul is the only one talking about any of the REAL issues. Obama bashing isn't going to really do anything (the man just had to deal with the hand he was dealt), but he hasn't really backed many of the things that got him into office in the first place. The MAJOR issues that Ron Paul speaks about are going to be the main driving factor in this election and I hope he if anything doesn't bring these ideas to the surface (personally I'd like to see him go all the way to the Whitehouse).

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Some one mentioned that tptb would kill off Ron Paul, I recall it being said Obama too would be assassinated and he is still around.
Other than that I hope such never happens, as it would be just plain asinine

The difference is that Obama did not do anything he claimed he was going to do...

Hence no need for that...
edit on 13-12-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Watched the highlights and it seems to me that Ron Paul is the only one in the entire field who knows what he's talking about.A debate between him and President Obama would be something to see.Obama with his talking points and RP making him talk about the issues he and everyone else up in Washington don't wanna talk about.Let's him defend the Fed and Goldman Sachs.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
If my president is going to bend me over, I would at least like them to be honest about why i'm getting bent over.

Ron Paul is honest and consistent, no-one can deny that. If he gets elected, and for one reason or another CAN'T do what he says, and I get bent over, I feel that he will at least do me the courtesy of saying "Here's why you're getting bent over. I'm sorry" instead of dancing around it with political derpderp.

*Shruuggggg*

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

no we don't need "much governing". you are a human being with a brain. you know right from wrong. if you allow a corporation to screw you, then you're at fault. i let my money talk for me. i don't buy from places that don't deserve my money. you make it seem as though you can't protect yourself and that is the real shame.

Me saying not liking ron paul is un-American is not black mail, it's the truth. i'm not saying it because i'm trying to swing your vote, i say it because we are on route to becoming just a state in a world empire. as for the wars, i never thought we shoulda gone there to begin with. that was a corporate war. a vote for any other politic is step forward with the global agenda. don't believe me vote for obama or newt and in 4 years i'll have to say i told you so from mexico.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
For me, all of a sudden Ron Paul is everywhere.

Driving down the street to the store, suddenly he is on RKO radio being interviewed.

Talk radio at night, all sorts of hosts explaining why Ron Paul has been miss-quoted and miss-understood and they go on to support him by telling the unbiased side of the story!

They are correcting what damage the PTB have done to his early campaign.

He is all over the place in media, where I have never really seen him before.

I believe his popularity is going viral. This is really cool to witness. Last time this kind of thing happened, it was JFK.
(Yea, I am that old!)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

reply to post by dadgad

I'll refrain from being a dbag. you give entirely too much credit to corporations and not nearly enough to the people. I could have told you that Obama was simply an extension of G dubs 3rd term. Everything that sent our country into a death spiral your man Obama continued. War in Afghan, Iraq. Guantanamo, and to top it off he bailed out big money.

Ron Paul is the man for many reasons, but mainly because he kills the problem at it's root. I will be the first to admit that i have healthy skepticism about the man, but mostly because i never trust anything until it comes true. to be against Ron Paul is simply un-American. He stands for everything the constitution does. if you think it's the governments job to make your life better... well then.... grow a pair and figure out what it is YOU'RE not doing to make it better. I'm sick of this "someone has to take care of me" crap. that is not and never has been what the American dream was about.

As I mentioned before in this thread, I acknowledge the fact that he(Obama) has not kept many of his promises. But on the other hand, the situation is on every level very complex and I don't expect one man to be able to fix this and certainly not within this system. Personally, I myself wouldn't know what to do about those wars. You see, it's very easy to say let's go home. I mean, after you completely destroy a nation it seems to easy a way out to me. Way to easy. (of course the premise should be to leave, don't get me wrong)

In any case. Phrases such as being against Ron Paul is equal to being un-American don't work on me, that kind emotional black-male is really immature(no offence). It destroys every opportunity for intelligent and open discussion, you should know better.

You see it is so easy to say government is bad, we don't need anybody to take care of us and all that liberal talk. But it simply isn't true. We very much need governing. We need regulations, control, limitations and all that. Otherwise things don't work. If you say we need no government, the market will solve everything you are really laying your trust into private hands. I mean that is exactly what got us here. Private corporations doing whatever they felt like.

Carrying the water for Obama destroys any chance of a real conversation as well. But based upon your reply, from a political stand point, your next to Lenin while the rest of us are between George Washington and Jefferson. Hence why many are quick to state things like "un-american".

In the interest's of fair conversations: Are you or anyone you know accepting welfare or disability?

I suggest one look up the style of government sociopaths tend to prefer. Because 1) It isn't "us" who need regulation. Regulations are akin to criminal laws for businesses. And 2) We don't need limitations. We are perfectly capable of making our own choices.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

reply to post by dadgad

Carrying the water for Obama destroys any chance of a real conversation as well. But based upon your reply, from a political stand point, your next to Lenin while the rest of us are between George Washington and Jefferson. Hence why many are quick to state things like "un-american".

In the interest's of fair conversations: Are you or anyone you know accepting welfare or disability?

I suggest one look up the style of government sociopaths tend to prefer. Because 1) It isn't "us" who need regulation. Regulations are akin to criminal laws for businesses. And 2) We don't need limitations. We are perfectly capable of making our own choices.

I have no idea how to respond to this. What are you saying exactly. And sure I know people that are on welfare, who doesn't.
edit on 14-12-2011 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv

I believe his popularity is going viral. This is really cool to witness. Last time this kind of thing happened, it was JFK.
(Yea, I am that old!)

I think George Wallace is probably a better example.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

So what would you replace it with? I agree that people aren't following it. But knowing what we do about human nature, what is the correct path that guarantees liberties, and puts the rule of law in place. I still say we have the best "on paper" method. "We, the People" simply have to be jealous protectors of our rights, rather than letting the government stomp on them.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
NOW THAT! Is the kind of man this country needs in office. He touched on so many good points. We need to focus on ourselves as a country. Constitutional Right of the people!!! GO PAUL GO!!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
My question is:

If Ron Paul is so good, why is he still a Republican and not an Independent or Libertarian?

If he's as smart as everyone thinks, he must know that by running as a Republican whatever his agenda or message is, it will be subsumed into the party's goals.

One guy isn't going to change the party, even if he were elected President.

As it is, he's nearly an outcast from his own party and stands zero chance of winning the nomination, or of getting genuine support if he does.

Strikes me he's just theater and he knows it, otherwise he'd be doing something braver and be more independent of the GOP. But being affiliated does have cash value, I suppose.

Because he's not stupid. He knows the only way he gets elected is to have a D or R by his name.

If he wins the Libertarian party becomes a solid 3rd party.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Originally posted by charlyv

(Yea, I am that old!)

I think George Wallace is probably a better example.

I really do not understand the similarity, but you said it, so you must have a reason.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Some one mentioned that tptb would kill off Ron Paul, I recall it being said Obama too would be assassinated and he is still around.
Other than that I hope such never happens, as it would be just plain asinine

Truely if Ron makes it as president, I would volunteer to be his secret service back man with out pay, as it would be an honor to serve one of America's greatest statesmen since our founding fathers.

I would consider such to be ever a higher honor than my honorable discharge or being a member of the Order of Combat Spur or golden spur.

I would gladly take a bullet and give my life for such a leader as Ron Paul.
edit on 12-12-2011 by ADVISOR because: added clarification

I'm on board with you there. He's the first prospect for POTUS, that I would do that for in my lifetime. Back in 2008, I wrote something to that liking and his campaign staff was very appreciative of the statement. Seems like there are a lot of us people out there and thats a good thing.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracytheoristIAM
Unfortunately, I agree that if Ron Paul were to be elected President his chance for longevity would be slim. In his immediate future there would be a plane crash ,a car wreck , or a sudden illness. Ron Paul is the only chance for America to free itself from the burgeoning strangle hold of the NWO. That's why Ron Paul has been belittled and ignored by the MSM.
As far as a vice-president, I'd hope to see someone younger, such as Paul Ryan .

Screw that, Paul Ryan voted for the NDAA, only think I would vote him in for is the unemployment line. Maybe Rand Paul, father-son team.
edit on 23-12-2011 by stinger94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Good post, star and flag.

as a footnote: Were Ron Paul to become President Ron Paul, as MOST of us would like, how long until they kill him off?

Personally, I think TPTB would be too afraid to kill him. Remember, when they killed the Kennedy boys? People are still talking about it, and always will. One of our valued members is on the trail as I write this.
We all know the powers are scared to death of Ron Paul, but logically, if he becomes POTUS, when the House of Cards falls down, he can be blamed, and perhaps a few of them can get away.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join