It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Simpsons Give Support For OWS and Anonymous in New Episode

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Caught this today and actually thought I was seeing things until I backed up the vid and confirmed.

I guess this confirms OWS and Anonymous. Being on the Simpsons makes it real...right?

Season 23 Episode 09 at 1:54

No other comment but thought many would like to see.

Peace

Looks like The Simpsons are on board...Go Homer!

edit on 12-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I liked the brief comparison to district 9 as the poor aliens in a confined area, while in district 10, the area next to it is rich elite aliens playing croquet lol...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
lol... I'd say it takes a bit of stretching to read it as any kind of support, since the Simpsons are second only to South Park for making fun of just about everyone in the headlines...but it's sure a cute reference. I guess when the Simpsons have immortalized what you're doing, you know it'll be something for the history books if nothing else.
edit on 12-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
lol... I'd say it takes a bit of stretching to read it as any kind of support, since the Simpsons are second only to South Park for making fun of just about everyone in the headlines...but it's sure a cute reference. I guess when the Simpsons have immortalized what you're doing, you know it'll be something for the history books if nothing else.

Correct!

Maybe not exactly support (We'll never know) but at least it's in the history books!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

history books....

Depends on who wins the fight.
(THE VICTORS WRITE THE HISTORY)

Hell, I've been supporting OWS since day 1, but as time has progressed, I'm not sure if I want to be affiliated with it anymore because of the jackasses that have forced themselves into the movement- unions, and undercover bureaucrats/corporation mules- they have defiled OWS using their MSM slaves. bastards.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I see the Anonymous reference...I guess I'm missing the OWS reference.

Unless you are trying to suggest that Anonymous and OWS are synonymous...but I would have to disagree.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Did you happen to see where Bart was as his future self? Maybe it does say something about Anon , just not what you were hoping...
edit on 12-12-2011 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

I'd say if you have been close in the Occupy movement since day one, no one can ever question your commitment or desire for change, let alone how far you're willing to go beyond talking about it. I hear you well about how it's continually morphed into something it sure didn't start as...but heck, you've spent what must seem a life time in 'Occupy Camp Time'..lol.. I swear someone ought to study that weird quirk..but I digress.. If your gut is telling you it's time to get distance....I'd just say, don't ignore it to find out what it was warning you about.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
reply to post by jude11

Did you happen to see where Bart was as his future self? Maybe it does say something about Anon , just not what you were hoping...
edit on 12-12-2011 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

What made me sit up was the Sharia Law in Michigan reference.

Wow!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
This is the closest they will come to openly supporting OWS e.t.c, give'em a break, they wanna keep making episodes so they have to be careful who they offend, they are on FOX (Faux) and FOX is payrolled by the people that the protest's are against so you have to give them credit for even mentioning it.

Now we wait for South Park, Family guy and American Dad to make a reference.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
South Park has already made a reference. A whole episode, actually.

What actually interests me about this reference is that before OWS started, back in the summer, Anonymous and many future Occupiers staged a protest against the Bay Area Rapid Transit authority (BART).. who murdered someone and then shut off the cell phones or internet or whatever.

And Bart, in this image, is wearing the Anon mask.

A silent tribute?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree.
It was about 3 weeks into the movement that I started getting a bad taste in my mouth.
I may be relatively young (27) but I've done a lot of living in those 27 years and I've learned that when my instinct fairy starts to flutter, I pay attention.

It makes me sad though that the national/global movement has been tainted.

But I still support my local group...I think they've done a great job here in Dallas, and I've been pleasantly surprised by the way it's been handled by the authorities...

A great article from CNN about Dallas OWS:
Why OCCUPY DALLAS is Different- The Term Sheet

and this:
Occupy Movement Costing Millions...Except Occupy Dallas, at $0.00
edit on 12-12-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Of course they aren't synonymous, but anon definitely supports OWS.

We had truckloads of supplies/food/etc just show up randomly throughout my local occupation...funded and provided by Anonymous- within minutes after the first drop-off, our media/PR officer got a call confirming it was from 'them'. I was there with her when she got the call and heard it first hand.
Pretty neat!*
*not gonna lie...i kindaaaa felt like an X-men hero! lol*

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
That episode was crazy, I saved it to look for more Soylent Green references..

Somebody went to a lot of trouble to cram in as many post apocalyptic sci-fi references as they could.

I wonder who wrote the episode?
edit on 12/12/11 by Darce because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darce
That episode was crazy, I saved it to look for more Soylent Green references..

Somebody went to a lot of trouble to cram in as many post apocalyptic sci-fi references as they could.

I wonder who wrote the episode?
edit on 12/12/11 by Darce because: (no reason given)

Agreed!

That episode could be ATS summed up in 22 minutes.

I wonder why they are referencing everything we are discussing and investigating? It's definitely NOT the most popular way to go. What's up?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
This was my absolute favorite episode ever.

I can't help but wonder if they know the Simpsons will come to an end soon, and wanted to give us some closure.

Life will be just a little bleaker if shows like the Simpsons and South Park come to an end.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The writers of The Simpsons and South Park are utterly and totally brilliant!

How do they know so much?

So, people, turn against your oppressors!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Check out Matt and Trey's behind the scenes special- "6 Days to Air"

First time cameras have been allowed to film their process.
I'm a huge SP fan- so maybe I'm biased, but I loved this

Trailer:

You can watch it online streaming here:
(can't embed sowwwwy!)
Making of SP- 6 Days to Air

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Funniest episode in a long time.

To echo another poster, OWS and Anonymous are not synonymous

Also, a bit presumptive to assume they are referencing Anonymous. They could be giving a shout out to Guy Fawkes.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I've never watched a full episode of Simpsons. What is surprising about the writers taking material from OWS? That is what writers do, they observe what is in their environment. Somebody here was talking about references to a future self, perhaps that was a subtle reference to "anticipatory democracy". I discovered from someone's post that there is a whole branch of thinking related to this.

Anyone who thinks that OWS is just a fluke spontaneous uprising of fed up people needs to get a clue.
en.wikipedia.org...

And while you are on that wiki link, notice the reference to the Information Awareness Office in relation to anticipatary democracy.
en.wikipedia.org...
OWS is 1984
edit on 12-12-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join