It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ACTION ALERT: The U.S. Constitution hangs by its Final thread - Must Read

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

Thanks for the heads up I just got off the phone with my congressman's office.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

so what did he/she say?? same old same old or was there something more?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I was only able to speak to an aide, I told him I was not in favor of the unconstitutional bill and knew of many others that felt the same way. He thanked me for calling and would pass the info along, which was what I was expecting. It's just calling a number and talking to someone, everyone who stars and flags this thread needs to call, or don't even bother S&F'ing.
edit on 12-12-2011 by Silverado292 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

yea just as I thought same old same old "thank you for your call , i will pass it along" not no name taking down or phone number right?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I would say something "religious" but whats the point? Those of us who know, know exactly where this bill is heading. History is repeating itself. It's time to "get out of the city of Jerusalem" again. If you can understand what i just said, then you better heed it.

FEMA camps, FEMA coffins, FEMA mobile coroner trucks that can hold up to 30 bodies a truck. This whole deal smells like another Nazi roundup alright, but who're they going after this time? This bill could be directed at anyone who owns a firearm that refuses to give up their weapons. The second amendment is about to get flushed down the tubes. Technically if you own a firearm under this bill you might be seen as a terrorist. The Founding Fathers were branded as terrorists by our own government, farmer Bob and Billy the butcher could be next. Look at the man living in the house to your left, he might not be there tomorow.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

No he didn't state his name or ask for mine, but still if a lot of people call it will still speak volumes. "Hey congressman ..... we had xxxxx amount of people call in to voice their dissent on this bill. We had xxxxx amount call in yesterday etc..." I still think numbers matter, even if they still vote yes they should at least start to see that noose drop around their neck.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

well the sad fact is if they do not take your name your call does not count for how are they to know what district your in or state.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Start loading your mags, people.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
If we can prevent this from passing, that would be better. We just need to rally public support. But I can't find any organization willing to cooperate.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I wrote to my Senator here in MT and received a vacuous reply about how he (Sen. Baucus) opposed sections 1031 and 1032 of the bill, supported legislation to amend those sections (which failed), but eventually supported the final passage of the bill anyway.

I replied that he had lost my vote and no longer served the best interests of his constituents or countrymen.

Didn't get a reply to that one.

What else can we do?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This isn't just TPTB "throwing down the gauntlet" before the American people....this is grabbing the US Constitution with it and backhanding the American public with the armored gauntlet across the face (metaphorically, of course).

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
SO... Under this act, can a U.S. Citizen bring charges of 'Aiding and Financing Al-Queada' against all those in the U.S. Government and C.I.A. who established, trained, and financed Al-Queada?

What about NATO Countries who financed, armed, and aided Al-Queada terrorist's in the coup against the Libyian Govt?

Aren't they all now subject to this Act?

Don't be silly. The US govt, any world Govt, make the rules but clearly do not abide by them. The lowly people are what theses are for, not connected politicians, CEOs, bankers, wealthy white people.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

thank you for posting that I knew i was missing some detail somewhere,
super scary I just got off work so no time to call today but I will tomorrow and I'll be checking out c-span also thanks again!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I'm on the other side of the pond but can't help but recalling something your last prez said. Namely, It's just a goddam piece of paper!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
so basically this bill states that any American that joins or supports al qaeda will get messed up big time, a la anwar al awlaki.

Good Riddance.

Anyone who is a traitor should get blown to smithereens.

Everyone here is paranoid. As one poster pointed out, everyone screamed the same paranoid rants when the patriot bill got passed....and nothing happened.

A friend of mine who posts here regularly wouldnt stop talking about this for a week.

"do you realize what this means? a drug dealer could be on the 405 free way and a drone will take him out for committing crimes against the state!"

Do you really think that will happen? If so, you need some medication.

If you think that we should have arressted al awlaki, instead of blow the # out of him, he was a traitor, and thus was dealth with accordingly.

Everyone here is way too paranoid.

You all actually care about someone who would plan on bombing and killing innocent americans? Sometimes I hope that the paranoiders of this website get blown up in some al qaeda attack...but they'd think it was a false flag CIA op.

You guys here cant prove anything.

You cant prove the towers were controlled with demolition.
YOu cant prove the United States is going to kill its own population with contrails, flu shots, fema camps, and drone strikes on innocent amercan citizens because none of the above ever has or will happened and it is all a figment of your imaginations.

I honestly wonder what you will all think as you look back when you are in your 70s and 80's and all the things you were scared about never came true and never happened.

Will you laugh as hard as I laugh at these ridiculous asnine posts of yours?

******SOUND OFF THE ATS MOD POLICE******* SOMEONE HERE IS DISAGREEING WITH OUR THEORIES AND CALLING US PARANOID********** HOW LONG TILL MY POST GETS DELETED?

and you wonder who the real fascists are.

USA FOR LIFE; THE HATERS AND TRAITORS CAN GO TO HELL.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bodybagPAT

How true but under the law, if you where say too oppose the draft, or a stricter "P"act, then you too are a Hostile and a Belligerent. Bet you did know that you too fall in to the Terrorist category!
This includes ones that say no to new taxes or their property being taken by the Eminent Domain act, unions the strike or protest unfair work practices, or you that just say hell no to the GOV, all fall under this law. Hostile and Belligerent is just to vague to be used in the Sub sec d 1031 with it then you fall under the detainment law of 1032 think i am full of it or do not know the law think again legionnet.wordpress.com... form the link

(b) COVERED PERSONS.—A covered person under this section is any person as follows:
(1) A person who planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored those responsible for those attacks.
(2) A person who was a part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners, including any person who has committed a belligerent act or has directly supported such hostilities in aid of such enemy forces.

(c) DISPOSITION UNDER LAW OF WAR.—The disposition of a person under the law of war as described in subsection (a) may include the following:
(1) Detention under the law of war without trial until the end of the hostilities authorized by the Authorization for Use of Military Force.
(2) Trial under chapter 47A of title 10, United States Code (as amended by the Military Commissions Act of 2009 (title XVIII of Public Law 111–84)).
(3) Transfer for trial by an alternative court or competent tribunal having lawful jurisdiction.
(4) Transfer to the custody or control of the person’s country of origin, any other foreign country, or any other foreign entity.
so what is (a)

(a) IN GENERAL.—Congress affirms that the authority of the President to use all necessary and appropriate force pursuant to the Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107–40) includes the authority for the Armed Forces of the United States to detain covered persons (as defined in subsection (b)) pending disposition under the law of war.
as defined as what(b)

(b) COVERED PERSONS.—A covered person under this section is any person as follows:
(1) A person who planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored those responsible for those attacks.
(2) A person who was a part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners, including any person who has committed a belligerent act or has directly supported such hostilities in aid of such enemy forces.
yea so I am a Protester where do I fit to all of this??? I am not aiming to harm nor intend to do harm to any one, True but if you are asked to leave or cease and desist and you do not then you fall under this

engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners, including any person who has committed a belligerent act
Remember the USA is now a battlefield the rules of, and law of war now apply. A citizen is a non combatant thus the rules and laws do not apply

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
FFS, man, the constitution died in 1861 AT LATEST, with the secession.

Then you have to consider whether it was ever binding at all (it wasn't, and the proof is Article VI, clause concerning treaties becoming the supreme law of the land)

I really wish we would drop the constitution charade. Coming up with a new and binding one would be sooo much better.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Private custody?
So the Deus-Ex alike PMC will be thriving across the country.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by piotrburz

good lord this aint no Vid Game!!!!! this is Freedom or Control 1984 is not even close to what is coming down the road, nor is it Si Fi this is real!!! If this was in the year of our four Fathers the lead would be flying, Yes times have changed but bad enough to be enslaved?? To where your words or nonviolent act(s) to get you locked up till who knows when? Just by some one saying your hostile or acting Belligerent? case in point on how they the GOV and LEO's define belligerent www.lehighvalleylive.com... from the link

Beiser previously told the Express-Times he was trying to calm an intoxicated and belligerent Demko, including twice tackling him to the ground to prevent him from fighting others.
did you miss it??? here it is again

intoxicated and belligerent
now do you under stand???

edit on 13-12-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I am, for the most part, a lurker on political threads, but I stopped by to point out that H.R. 1540 Section 2, Division A, Title X, Subtitle D, Sec. 1032(b) states:

(b) Applicability to United States Citizens and Lawful Resident Aliens- (1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States. (2) LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien of the United States on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States, except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States.

Unless I'm misreading or misinterpreting this bit, the text states that lawful American citizens cannot be detained unconstitutionally under this bill.

My source is the same one that is in the OP:
Library of Congress THOMAS
edit on 12/13/2011 by Lifthrasir because: All mimsy were the borogoves, and the mome raths outgrabe.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join