It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking: Alien contact could be risky

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
If there was an "invasion" it wouldn't be like something out of a movie. They're not coming to do us any harm, more like guide us through a next stage in evolution.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by KAIARAHI

posted on 12/11/2011 @ 04:17 PM this post

IMO Hawkings and Kaku are dis info agents, seems like they expect aliens to act like humans, if they are slightly intellegent they would have a very different perspective on how they treat oter lie forms.
I dont think Hawkings is much above average in intellegence, in fact I think its that many are far below the intelegence scale humans are capable of, and this is due to outside influences.

Well from your spelling I could tell you obviously included yourself when you stated that many are far below the "intelligence" (another misspelled word in your post) scale humans are capable of, that being the case maybe you should look in the mirror before rushing to the conclusions that most people aren't intelligent, as you posted.That's all i have to say

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Humans are already flying through space on a spaceship, and the name we gave our spaceship is (Earth)

Most people couldn't care less about life in the universe, they are more interested in the new IPhone 4 or w/e.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Why are posters so adamant that the Intergalactic Visitors have to be violent and aggressive and domineering? Is it because that is all you have known here on Earth?

There are sensitive and intelligent humans and sensitive and intelligent animals here on Earth - why can't there be the same in outer space?

For all the debunkers of Intergalactic Visitors and Intergalactic Craft - if they are not real and their existence has not been proven - how can anyone make an assumption as to their demeanour and intentions? Please explain?

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlindSunGod
If there was an "invasion" it wouldn't be like something out of a movie. They're not coming to do us any harm, more like guide us through a next stage in evolution.

I wouldn't know what aliens would be here for. Thanks for sharing. Are you with them now? How do their women look? Ask them if they can travel faster than light? Are they immortal? Do they have wings?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

One more thing I never said you were calling Hawkings an idiot, mate!

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Just like humans have evil, and good. I believe that could possibly be true with aliens. I'm not saying that it is just it could be.

edit on 12/12/2011 by nikobellic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg
Huge ships ready to colonize! That dose not make any sense and hear I am thinking hawking was a genius.

If advanced lifeforms can travel millions of light years to colonize other planets then it would seem they have figured out free energy. With free energy surely they would not run out of resources.

Good Point Unless ! The Nomadic Aliens Looking for Particular Rare Isotope ingredient Elements
Running Out of Land or Just Spreading the Seed of Life to Other Planets (Terra forming ) In the Galaxy
and Populating Colonizing & Interwoven their Isotope Signature to Each Habitable Planet

in so little Time as in a Thousand to Millions of Years in just Days !
with a Technology we Earthen Humans can even Fathom ! yet

Only If we had the technology of Time Travel ..

Pass a I phone to Alexander G Bell and Tesla better yet give a I Pad to Charles Babbage !

Put the Wright Brothers on the Space Shuttle Invite Jules Verne for the Apollo Mission Experience !

Show a 17 thousand year old Cave Man and IPad with Drawing Ability's

Would they Have a Clue ? of what they are Seeing ! ?

Our planet is a self Replicating Self Healing Self Nourishing Recycling BIO BALL

Why would Aliens Come Here to Invade ?

Simple Chess & Checkers with the ones that Created This life on this Planet ?

About Mother ships Already being Here ? just Maybe
See the Site Below ..

(thelivingmoon.com)
The Spaceships of Saturn
thelivingmoon.com...

From the movie Dune ..

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Wow........Stephen Hawking should be placed under medical supervision

If Aliens were to invade, would not they have done so 65M years ago.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikobellic

One more thing I never said you were calling Hawkings an idiot, mate!

I didn't say you did, you said i said Hawkings was unintellegent which you are incorrect about, like every thing else, you sir are an egotistical egg, you seem to not understand common english and have problems interpreting what is being said and seem to preferr to make up what has been said instead of what was actually stated, spend some time reading peoples posts before making a fool of yourself.
I am not wasting any more time with you as i didn't come here to debate your obvious lack of anything upstairs !
It is pretty obvious you are not here to discuss the issue the thread was posted for, perhaps you could find a website that people are having problems with their spelling on or something that you could have some positive input to !

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Reply to post by zzombie

Whos to say they didnt invade 65M years ago?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
this is nothing new.sigh.....

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
There have been a few logical fallacies (on both sides of the fence) repeated several times in this topic, in my opinion. I think it’s important to keep an open mind “in both directions” when discussing things like this. Some of the logical fallacies I’m referring to include:

1) That Hawking is right simply because he’s brilliant. He’s still human, and subject to his own biases, and this is only a supposition on his part. The supposition of a brilliant mind is still just a supposition.

2) That Hawking is a government shill. Why would that have to be the case? He could very easily genuinely hold this opinion/hypothesis and simply be sharing it with the world as is his right. There is no irrefutable proof that the government is aware of extraterrestrial contact with Earth or that they are working to “make us fear” extraterrestrial intelligence.

3) That extraterrestrials would by nature or necessity be benevolent because of their relative technological and spacefaring advantages over us. As demonstrated by life on Earth, the universe is fully capable of producing myriad forms of life and, we think, intelligence. There is absolutely no guarantee that just because extraterrestrial beings have achieved interstellar travel, that they are even unified on their own homeworld, let alone benevolent towards other species that they meet. The possible scenarios in which they might pose a threat to us are too innumerable to list, and likely include some that we’re literally incapable of imagining.

4) That extraterrestrials are here to help us and therefore any suggestion that they are a threat to us is disinformation. See above. And there is no irrefutable proof that extraterrestrials ever have or are now visiting Earth to begin with. One is welcome to believe whatever one wishes, but in my view we should not assume that UFO sightings, claims of alien abduction, and active government concealment must necessarily implicitly suggest that aliens are visiting Earth. There are other explanations - many, in fact - and there is not yet any irrefutable proof of the extraterrestrial hypothesis. But perhaps more pertinently, even if they are here, and should we ever be able to prove it, can we likewise prove their intentions? Their nature? Their reasons for these activities? The assumption or desire to believe that they are enlightened "cosmic brothers" to us could easily be the result of wishful thinking and/or cognitive dissonance. We don't know.

With all of that said, it seems Hawking is just offering his own common sense prudence rather than forcing alarmism on anyone (about something for all we know we may not even have to worry about for a long, long time.) That doesn't mean he's right (or wrong,) or that we can say anything conclusive about this subject either way.

Just my two cents. Peace.
edit on 12/12/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

edit on 12/12/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I am curious to learn more about the massive amount of gold missing. Where is this information mined from?

Dr. Kaku and Professor Hawking have been speaking about alien existence for a long time. I believe. Out of the infinite univers our speck of a planet can't be solo with intelligent life. In contemplating on his comment about the chimpanze and how far evolved we are.....that part is scary to me....Cowboys and Aliens come to mind and they is Ancient Aliens on Discovery that has spoken of the very possibility that the Cowboys and aliens could have actually gone down.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Said the ant to the lion.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
is stephen hawkin actually certified. not a lan wifi "promter" puppet?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

I've never heard so much crud in my life..!!!

Not the aliens being real bit, but his explaination as to why they may invade.

There are more resources on other un-inhabited worlds in our system, than there are here on Earth. The fact that they'd have to expend extra resourcesto take the little we have dose not show much intelligence on the aliens part at all, if they did this.

I think mr H is starting to get a little soft in the head tbh.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The way this planet is going I would have said its already been invaded !!!! he’s a little behind the times!!

Dark helmet is already here, ( space balls) his name is OBAMA!! In this film.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 12-12-2011 by outerlimits because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
Why are posters so adamant that the Intergalactic Visitors have to be violent and aggressive and domineering? Is it because that is all you have known here on Earth?

There are sensitive and intelligent humans and sensitive and intelligent animals here on Earth - why can't there be the same in outer space?

For all the debunkers of Intergalactic Visitors and Intergalactic Craft - if they are not real and their existence has not been proven - how can anyone make an assumption as to their demeanour and intentions? Please explain?

Much Peace...

AFAIK there are "good" and "bad" aliens in our sector of the universe. The good ones are called the Galactic Federation of Light and the bad ones are called the orion group. The bad ones gave us technology in exchange for various nefarious schemes while the good ones refuse to interfere with our sold-out governements.

I expect to be called crazy anytime soon, so it is no suprise, despite the fact this an alternative site and quite OLD NEWS to the unlazy researcher. You just have to know what to search and buy some books or videos.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg
Huge ships ready to colonize! That dose not make any sense and hear I am thinking hawking was a genius.

If advanced lifeforms can travel millions of light years to colonize other planets then it would seem they have figured out free energy. With free energy surely they would not run out of resources.

how do YOU even know "free" energy exists, yea it is plausible sure but in theory does it add up?

we cannot imagine how these lifeforms think, would be close to what humans have but ultimately different,
maybe they like to travel, and "dominate" other planets, expand there colony, continuously grow and become stronger, imagine the elite who control all this. imagine the power they'd have, thats if they recognized power or emotions. "they" could be self aware robots literally, do you think its possible if we keep progressing in technology? we've sure come a hell of alot in 100 years....

its all about power here on our planet, our primitive species and our planet.... what do you think an advanced civilization, that probably lives in its own spaceship/planet would want to dominate ? planets AND space.

steven hawking is a genius, open your brain.
edit on 12-12-2011 by 1beerplease because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join