It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking: Alien contact could be risky

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
What a noob.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I wish all these intellectual giants would actually do something constructive.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
I think Hawking is working for the government or something.
Like his job is to scare people about upcoming invasion...

I've always thought that.

As for him saying "we should keep our location secret", he should be lobbying for our planet to stop producing radio waves etc.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

I've always thought that.

As for him saying "we should keep our location secret", he should be lobbying for our planet to stop producing radio waves etc.

Yea you could broadcast it across the radio, to stop broadcasting...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by steveknows
Just two things the I feel need to be pointed out.

1. Hawkings has a big hand in a DOCUMENTARY. Sell,sell,sell.

2. He says something that pro alien UFOers don't say. He says. " I imagine"

Imagination is everything, but what/who plants the seed?
edit on 123131p://bMonday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Abstract thought. We've all got it. It's just that some can put it into perspective where others fail. The guy is brilliant but he's also selling a documentary, making money, getting it on the shelves.. I think people need to keep that in perspective.

If I was a world renowned scientists trying to sell a documentary and get as many people as I can to buy it I'd try to appeal to both sides of the debate as well. And then I'd be sure to use the word "Imagination" to protect my credibility. It's like if you say to someone 'you are a liar" you've just said something untrue and illigal if you can't prove it and you've lost your credibility. But if you say " I believe you are a liar" Then it's just your opinion and there's no legal wrong doing. Watch the politicians they do the same thing.

He's said one thing to get the UFO buffs out of the glow of their laptops and into a store and then he threw in "imagniation" to let the more realistic people know that he hasn't lost the plot and get them to buy it as well.
edit on 12-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
Whos to say they didn't invade 65M years ago?

And genetically engineered us from monkeys

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
It's interesting that Hawking should come up with this theory.

At present, concentrated in-depth research is being carried out into exactly what is on the lunar surface at certain locations and some of the results can be viewed in another ATS thread. The visual exposition is beginning to reveal that it is possible that a human-like alien species may, in cosmic terms, be in residence on our doorstep.

Here's the link to the thread. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-12-2011 by arianna because: added link

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by arianna
It's interesting that Hawking should come up with this theory.

At present, concentrated in-depth research is being carried out into exactly what is on the lunar surface at certain locations and some of the results can be viewed in another ATS thread. The visual exposition is beginning to reveal that it is possible that a human-like alien species may, in cosmic terms, be in residence on our doorstep.

Yep I've seen them. They dress in black and white and knock on my door on Saturdays. I've tried to communicate with them but when I said Do you want a beer mate? followed by Jesus that chick your with is a looker. I think I might have said something wrong. Perhaps it was lost in the translation.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

We "haven't" found aliens, have we?
reply to post by Nikola014

So then, the Tehran Incident, was completely terrestrial?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enlightenme1111
I always hear "you can't handle the truth", and I just laugh. Everybody is desperate for the truth, no matter what it is. It's the lies we can't handle anymore. I think the only reason truth is withheld is because we would all instantly stop being good little slaves. We could handle it alright, just not to the liking of the rulers.

Your wrong... because everyone here is looking for the truth according to what they want to believe. The skeptics say no aliens are visiting Earth so when the government says no aliens are visiting Earth the skeptics say "See? We told you so" But the other side will insist the government is lying.

If an insider comes forward with some real information, it is ALWAYS ridiculed, attacked, argued about and if they dare to put it in print they are just in it for the money... yet those same people scream "If there is something to it, why don't more astronauts and military people come forward

No matter what is revealed a few will believe, a few will follow up on the info and the rest will state an opinion on what they believe, pro or con, without even reading beyond the OP

Dr Robert Wood worked of UFO propulsion systems for McDonnel Douglas... he says they are real and several species are currently visiting the Earth... he also explains why they keep it secret... is his word as an insider working on those drives not enough? He even tells us they hired Stanton Friedman to help collect the data.

If his word isn't good enough, then what I say holds true... yawl are not ready for the truth... BECAUSE yawl wouldn't recognize it when its in front of you

edit on 12-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Nomad Beings.
Generational Ships.
Scavengers.
Locus.

Taking what they can and leave.....

Like the matrix, "humans are like a cancer...infecting one area
and moving on to the next".....

Why couldnt other beings behave the same way?!?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

Not to make fun of his issues, I think Stephen Hawking disability is affecting his thinking process, he's the proverbial boy crying wolf ! I take everything he saids with a grain of salt, and maybe not even that !

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Enlightenme1111
I always hear "you can't handle the truth", and I just laugh. Everybody is desperate for the truth, no matter what it is. It's the lies we can't handle anymore. I think the only reason truth is withheld is because we would all instantly stop being good little slaves. We could handle it alright, just not to the liking of the rulers.

Your wrong... because everyone here is looking for the truth according to what they want to believe. The skeptics say no aliens are visiting Earth so when the government says no aliens are visiting Earth the skeptics say "See? We told you so" But the other side will insist the government is lying.

If an insider comes forward with some real information, it is ALWAYS ridiculed, attacked, argued about and if they dare to put it in print they are just in it for the money... yet those same people scream "If there is something to it, why don't more astronauts and military people come forward

No matter what is revealed a few will believe, a few will follow up on the info and the rest will state an opinion on what they believe, pro or con, without even reading beyond the OP

Dr Robert Wood worked of UFO propulsion systems for McDonnel Douglas... he says they are real and several species are currently visiting the Earth... he also explains why they keep it secret... is his word as an insider working on those drives not enough? He even tells us they hired Stanton Friedman to help collect the data.

If his word isn't good enough, then what I say holds true... yawl are not ready for the truth... BECAUSE yawl wouldn't recognize it when its in front of you

edit on 12-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

Actually I'd argue that it's not because of the government but because we have common sense and the fact that you blame our logic on the government shows that you have no real arguement.

We live on the same planet as you (geographically speeking) and we have eyes like you and we know our environment like you. Now the difference is that we who state that aliens aren't visiting earth is because our observation of our environment which we've known our whole lives tell us that this is the case, that we're not being visited and it doesn't matter how many people say they believe that aliens are here it's still just a small%who claim to have seen them in the same environment we live in and we haven't seen them.. See we would notice if aliens were flying around our sky. But the only aliens which are seen by us are in movies are in blury photos, crap vids or obvious fakes. We see the same environment you do but we don't see your aliens.

I might just decide that you're believing in aliens because you were accidently stuck with something when you were an new born infant in hospital.. It's just as plausable as the reason you give for us not believing.

When an alien ship lands in the middle of a city then you have an arguement. My habbitat is the same as yours and I don't belive aliens are here because I don't see them in my habbitat and not because the government says so and I say you're wrong.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
After reading most of the answers i really don't know what to say.

If Hawkins was making a politically correct announcement,everyone would clap their hands and call him a genious.Now that he dared to touch the sensitive subject of aliens,half the people here call him idiot,dis-info agent and psycho.
That is so sad and pathetic.

Many people in this forum ask for disclosure.What if this is the only disclosure we will get?
I agree that the way he presents the aliens,is very Hollywood style,but still he is actually telling us that Ets exist and they are on their way to Earth.
Come on people this is what we've been waiting for.An "official" statement that aliens exist.
If Obama made a public speech,about the same subject,would you believe him or you would say "BS.He tries to win votes".

Personally i'm on the fence with this.
First of all i believe that they are already here.
Secondly i don't buy not for one second that he is an old crazy man.People like him have a dozen assistants around them,that take care of their public image and they wouldn't let him ridicule himself,with "fantasies".If he says that aliens are coming,there is propably more to this story,than we will ever learn.
Goverments are in denial for decades.Recently the white house denied any knowledge of Ets again.They can't all of a sudden take back all their old statements and say that they know that aliens are visiting the planet.
But if the information came from a person outside the goverment,with baby steps:Last year Hawkins said that IF aliens exist they are evil and we should try to avoid them.Now he says that they are on their way here and propably plan to invade earth.The next announcement will be:THE ALIENS ARE HERE.
Think about it,they are preparing the general public.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

When someone says they saw someone shoot someone else, they go to a court of law and give evidence which is called direct evidence. Everyone believes what they say and people are convicted and executed on their say so. But when someone says they were flying from point A to B and saw an alien vessel everyone thinks they are loonies.

Given the overwhelming amount of evidence of sightings of UFOs, abductions etc, I'd be very surprised if aliens aren't already here monitoring what we are doing, especially in the nuclear weapons area. Where they come from and how they get here are mysteries to us, but could have very straightforward answers one day when we can understand.

If they are more advanced than we are, perhaps they have also abandoned the stupidity of religion and mysticism and learned to live in peace. They could come and take us over and wipe us all out, but we could also wipe ourselves out.with a nuclear war beginning in the Middle East or elsewhere for that matter.

Whatever the truth, we can't change it and I believe we should look on the positive side and not the negative side ie, that they may share new technology that will reduce the burden we make on the planet, help us to get our act together to feed the starving and live more humanitarian lives. If I'm wrong, well we all have to die sometime.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
well i myself am not so certain about 65million yr ago infiltration there was more active interactions around 10,500 bc and as for genetic engineering that is around the time of the missing link in human development.

The genetic engineering of our DNA could have been manipulated from Neanderthal man making the changes to develop a better slave for the overseerers......The gold hunters.....

BREAKTHROUGH

Neanderthal genes survive in us

why on this earth could we so obscessed with gold...it is not our most important resource....it is not as valuble as many other minerals in our everda use...and when it's valuble becomes worrisome we immediatly get sent into recession to compensate for it's decline.....

why should we have this need to have mass storehouses of gold....(who are we mining it for?)

these are just questions i ask myself....I question the strange things we do blindly....I mean why teach the human race agriculture.....IT is easier if the slaves learn to feed themselves than to do it for them.

we get told that aliens will come and take our resources....why....when they are already doing that....they are doing that through us.....their quaint little slaves.

the best way to control slaves has to always make the slaves believe they have a stake in their own destiny through hard work.

well we are the happy little slaves are we not.....happily raping this palnet of it's resources while everday we think it is for our own good.......

It is all good though because our governments are getting set to give us all up under the guise of fighting an alien invasion.....way to go people.....Lambs to the slaughter......welcome not to fantasy....but welcome to reality.
edit on 043131p://f31Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

edit on 043131p://f32Monday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I think that you should have an open mind when it comes to things like this. It could happen in theory and thats all we can go off until they actually do show up.

If there is a disclosure however it will only cause more problems like religion (is there really a god), are they friendly or not, should we be scared of them, should we all take up arms "just in case". There will be mass buying of non perishable foods, people wont want to go to work so they can spend more time with their families etc.

I dont think any single government will ever come out and say that UFO's and aliens exsist for those reasons alone.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

I don't know why is he so "scared" of invasion by aliens, when we don't know if aliens even "exist".
We "haven't" found aliens, have we?

Yeah, like it should be just normal to us, that for years Hawking has had a chance to 'reveal, that he strongly
believes in aliens, but no. He hardly even agrees with life in universe, besides us! Now all of a sudden aliens are real and have just parked somewhere behind the moon or whateva. Looks like little cripple is a mad scientist, fuggin puppet for the wrong people. Somebody put a sock in his super intelligent pie hole.
Man i get so fused from this kind of #zu.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
Actually I'd argue that it's not because of the government but because we have common sense and the fact that you blame our logic on the government shows that you have no real arguement.

You can argue all you like... all it does is prove my point... And you didn't answer why the video by Robert Wood is not good enough... a typical tactic used by skeptics... turn the focus from the question

We live on the same planet as you (geographically speeking) and we have eyes like you and we know our environment like you. Now the difference is that we who state that aliens aren't visiting earth is because our observation of our envirionment which we've known our whole lives tell us that this is the case,

No the difference, based on many of your posts, is that you spend most of your time drinking beer and chasing sheila, particularly foreign ones while I spend my time talking to astronauts, scientists and other insiders

You won't find many aliens hanging out on the beach or surfing, not ones you would recognize anyway. If they were obvious where anybody could see them openly, we wouldn't be having this conversation...

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robinoz

When someone says they saw someone shoot someone else, they go to a court of law and give evidence which is called direct evidence. Everyone believes what they say and people are convicted and executed on their say so. But when someone says they were flying from point A to B and saw an alien vessel everyone thinks they are loonies.

No not always. People do go to court and often not everyone will believe and often people do get off.

Given the overwhelming amount of evidence of sightings of UFOs, abductions etc, I'd be very surprised if aliens aren't already here monitoring what we are doing, especially in the nuclear weapons area. Where they come from and how they get here are mysteries to us, but could have very straightforward answers one day when we can understand.

Where's the fingerprint on the gun? The problem is that there never is one.

If they are more advanced than we are, perhaps they have also abandoned the stupidity of religion and mysticism and learned to live in peace. They could come and take us over and wipe us all out, but we could also wipe ourselves out.with a nuclear war beginning in the Middle East or elsewhere for that matter.

There's no doubt advanced and not so advanced alien life and If the advanced ones can span the universe it is most likely that they've done away with all the crap this planet has like mythology or at least put it in it's correct perspective but at the saae time if they came all the way here they'd most likely let us know. And I don't mean buzzing some hillbilly.

Whatever the truth, we can't change it and I believe we should look on the positive side and not the negative side ie, that they may share new technology that will reduce the burden we make on the planet, help us to get our act together to feed the starving and live more humanitarian lives. If I'm wrong, well we all have to die sometime.

I think we've nothing to worry about,

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join