It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Abomination of Desolation enacted?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
On November 23rd an exact replica of the ancient Chartres labyrinth was chalked on the floor of the Gothic Cathedral of Lincoln, for 48 hours only. As British author Dan Green, responsible for 'the Lincoln Cathedral Code' I find this a very significant happening. The key number associated with Lincoln Cathedral is 28, and the Chartres labyrinth has 28 directional changes or U-turns. The centre of the labyrinth is called 'The Temple of Jerusalem', and three miles to the West of Lincoln cathedral is the strangely named village of Jerusalem, the name unique to the British Isles. In 1995, a previous Dean of the Cathedral publically and outrageously announced Lincoln cathedral as 'the Battleground of Good and Evil. The labyrinth stood in place exactly between the 'Light' and 'Dark' Rose Windows at an area called 'The Crossing'. It is generally held that when when the Temple of Jerusalem is desecrated, the biblical prophecy of the Abomination of Desolation is enacted. With the labyrinth standing in place in the Cathedral that is the battleground of Light and Dark, it is possible the desecration has taken place.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 11-12-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by etidorpha

I think you may be on to something

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I found some specific information about the labrynth itself for those that might be interested.

The Chartres Cathedral Labyrinth

Does the rose window perfectly overlay the labyrinth?

Without doubt, one of the most frequently quoted ‘facts’ about the labyrinth at Chartres is the notion that the famous rose window, set high in the west frontage of the cathedral, if hinged down along the length of the nave, would exactly overlay the pattern of the window onto the labyrinth. It's a nice image, but unfortunately it isn't true. This is a good example of a statement that has been repeated so frequently, but never checked, that nobody ever questions its authenticity. The idea was, again, first popularised by Keith Critchlow in the 1970’s, but even then he stated only that… “the west rose window conforms basically in size to the labyrinth” and admitted that… “there is room for splitting hairs at the mechanically precise level.” As the Rose Window has a diameter of around 11.9 metres (clear aperture of the glazed area, and nearer 13.6 metres including the moulding around the window), with the labyrinth measuring just under 12.9 metres, these are thick hairs indeed.

However this ignores a vital error in the original concept - the height of the rose window on the west wall is not the same as the distance of the labyrinth from the base of that same wall, indeed the difference would seem to amount to approximately 3 metres (10 feet) based on published plans of the cathedral and trigonometric measurement (3). The whole business is a nice piece of imagery, but in reality it just doesn't work. Instead, the two designs would probably overlay to form a symbol somewhat akin to a vesica. No doubt this piece of imagery could also spawn a whole new mythology, especially if it were to be retold in the same fashion as the original overlay concept.

Hope this sheds a lil more light on the maze and it's signifigance.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The Abomination of the Desolation took place in 70 AD when Titus had sex with a prostitute in the Herodian Temple before having his soldiers destroy it.

History is such a wonderful thing to keep track of.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The original "Abomination of desolation" (King Antiochus Epiphanes setting up an idol in the Temple at Jerusalem and stopping the normal course of sacrifices)was called "of desolation" because it gave the Jews a sense of having been cut off from their God ("desolation"= "being alone").

What you describe hasn't had this effect on Christians, so it doesn't meet the test.

edit on 11-12-2011 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
...point respectfully taken, but given that the arrival of the labyrinth in the Cathedral is just the latest of the ongoing unfolding ramifications of my long term 'The Lincoln Cathedral Code -' which most certainly does affect Christians - I still say it has a chance of being what I have said. Maybe nip to Youtube; 'The Murder of Mary Magdalene; Genocide of the Holy Bloodline' to see what I mean overall.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
The Abomination of the Desolation took place in 70 AD when Titus had sex with a prostitute in the Herodian Temple before having his soldiers destroy it.

History is such a wonderful thing to keep track of.

If you know your bible history, then you would also understand that such things as prophecy seemed to always happen twice... (or simply more than once) Usually many many many years after the first occurance.

Also such wonderful statements like... As in the day's of Noah...

It might have happened in 70AD (history says so), but its still possible that this was not the occurance that was spoken of. If the bible is indeed truth, then the first thing that comes to mind is.....

The best thing the devil could ever do against you is make you believe he is not real. This is the same to me as saying... The devil made it happen then, so no one would expect it now.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
..that's a great suggestion...and I agree with you. there would be little point in us accepting that the abomination of desolation happened centuries ago and that was that...especially when we are living in these globally troubled times and on the look out for sensible signs and symbols that confirm were on the periphery of great trials and tribulations. For those on the lookout for indications around the corner from 2012, then what I have outlined may be exact. For what it is worth I, myself, think we have just witnessed an, if not the, abomination of desolation.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Kinda like reading quatrains by nostradaumus. Funny how life and history plays out like that.

One thing the bible did have lots of... Metaphores. I always say, life is one big irony. Every blasted moment of it!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by etidorpha
On November 23rd an exact replica of the ancient Chartres labyrinth was chalked on the floor of the Gothic Cathedral of Lincoln, for 48 hours only. As British author Dan Green, responsible for 'the Lincoln Cathedral Code' I find this a very significant happening. The key number associated with Lincoln Cathedral is 28, and the Chartres labyrinth has 28 directional changes or U-turns. The centre of the labyrinth is called 'The Temple of Jerusalem', and three miles to the West of Lincoln cathedral is the strangely named village of Jerusalem, the name unique to the British Isles. In 1995, a previous Dean of the Cathedral publically and outrageously announced Lincoln cathedral as 'the Battleground of Good and Evil. The labyrinth stood in place exactly between the 'Light' and 'Dark' Rose Windows at an area called 'The Crossing'. It is generally held that when when the Temple of Jerusalem is desecrated, the biblical prophecy of the Abomination of Desolation is enacted. With the labyrinth standing in place in the Cathedral that is the battleground of Light and Dark, it is possible the desecration has taken place.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 11-12-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

ok its late and im very very tired..im not understanding what this is in the video...i see a man walking in circles and then a child following him..now i do know about the abomination of desolation but not this far..can you explain with this pic

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
PRAYER FOR THE ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION: Lord jests i pray for the days to be cut short for the elect during the abomination of desolation .. I pray Lord that those who will be at war that the fight wont be in the winter time making escape perilous or tempting to delay our fight and neither on gods holy day the Sabbath..In Jesus holy name i pray...the bible teaches us that we are to pray about this..

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

Well, I'm a Buddhist, so I don't wholely believe what the Bible says.

But that's okay. I respect the Bible as a very beautifully written, almost poetic, sort of book.

Anywho, if you look back at the Olivet Discource with Jesus, he basically said everything that would happen in 70 AD (that is, what happens in 70 AD seems like a fulfillment of his prophecies), which leads me to believe that he was a psychic, or his prophecies came much later than they're taken for. Sort of like Revelations.
edit on 11-12-2011 by ManjushriPrajna because: Added some stuff. Derp derp.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
What is this I don't even

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi
What is this I don't even

Why are you on this forum at ATS???? all you do is criticize people???

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

The Abomination of Desolation has already happened in 70 AD. If you read when it was to happen, it was to be during the destruction of Jerusalem after the death of Christ. Other timeline versions of these events are Roman Catholic counter reformation propaganda.
If you read:

Daniel 9:27 "And he shall make a firm covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease; and upon the wing of abominations [shall come] one that maketh desolate; and even unto the full end, and that determined, shall [wrath] be poured out upon the desolate."

This relates to Christ, not the Antichrist. He was born to the Jewish people, of the line of David, confirming the covenant of God to the Jewish people. For one week, 7 prophetic years, Christ was to preach to the jewish people, but 3.5 year into his ministry he was “Cut off” by being put to death on the cross. His death on the cross provided the ultimate sacrifice, making all animal sacrifice of the jewish people invalid.
This is reiterated in Matthew:

Matthew 27:50–51 “And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice and yielded up his spirit. And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. And the earth shook, and the rocks were split.”

The temple curtain that was "rent in two", was the curtain that sperated the Holy of Holies from the rest of the temple. This was the area that the preists would enter once a year to place the blood from the sacrifice on the mercy seat of the ark of the coventant for the forgiveness of the sins of the people of isreal. This shows that the “sacrifice and oblation” ceased to have any meaning for God after the death of his son.
Also if you notice, this:

Matthew 24:15-26 "So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains."

was in response to this question posed to Christ by his apostles:

Matthew 24:1-2 “Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. “Do you see all these things?” he asked. “Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”

Also notice:

Luke 21.20-21 "But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation has come near. Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains…"

This happened when the Roman armies surrounded and later destroyed Jerusalem in 70AD.

So this all happened in 70 AD with the Destruction of the Temple by the Roman Armies, its not a future occurring event. The end of the world started in 70 AD, and all of the End Times Prophecies in the bible relate to the period of time starting in 70AD until whenever Christ returns.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Matthew 24:15-26 "So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains."

So this all happened in 70 AD with the Destruction of the Temple by the Roman Armies, its not a future occurring event..

can you explain to us just how the Daniel 'abomination of desolation' ----------- Already Happened ??

because the verses go like this:

Dan 12:11 = And from the time [that] the daily [sacrifice] shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, [there shall be] a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Dan 12:12 Blessed [is] he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

how does the 1,290 days and the 1,335 days fit in with the eventual destruction of the temple in 70AD...

was the Jewish Temple used as a slaughter house or something else by the Romans for 43 months (1,290 days) prior to the destruction of the building ??
That would be one possible explaination if your 70AD fufillment is true... otherwise the Daniel verses are about some future event...like the Abomination of Revelations where the AC is in power & desecrates holy ground
at the middle of the final 'Week' of years
edit on 12-12-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Thanks for posting this. I've been assuming that the Temple Church in London would be the site of the ritual reenactment of the AoD. Maybe it will be the Gothic Cathedral, maybe both.

I'm not sure what the timing of this is indicating. Generally, the elites will use some specific marker and then either 70 weeks, 1260 days, 1290 days, or 1335 days. Obviously, there should be some marker 1290 days either forward or back from 11-23-11. Couldn't find any, maybe you can find the marker on June 5th, 2015 or May 12, 2008.

Imo, 2012 will be a microcosm ritual reenactment of the entire Revelations sequence. The "real", most literal goes from 2008/ 09 through 2015-16, imo. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Keep in mind, the AoD will come with an attendant sudden great destruction.
Certain dates to look for something happening in the UK or elsewhere in 2012 would be May 11, 2012 (Obama's "Covenant with the many" TV spot on 10-29-08 plus 1290 days) or 8-3-12 (Obama put in office: 1-21-09 plus 1290 days- during the Olympics, my bet for the first "false" AoD) or 11-10-12 (Beltane 4-30-09 plus 1290 days. 4-30-09 plus 1335 days is 12-25-12). BTW, I don't think Obama is the AC.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Mathew 24..

Ye there fore shall-see the abomination of desolation,spoken by the Daniel the prophet,stand in the holy place. Then let them which be in Judea flee into the mountains. Let him which is on the house top not come down to get clothes. And woe unto them that are with child and to them that give suck in those days..(20) But pray ye that your fight be not in the winter neither the sabbath day.(21) For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time no, nor ever shall be..(22) and except those days should be shortened. If any man shall say unto you, here is Christ believe it not.

(24)..For there shall arise false Christ and false prophets and shall shew great signs and wonders,in so much that it it were possible they shall descieve the very elect...

SKIP TO (29)

Immediately after the tribulation of those day shall the sun be darkened and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven and the powers of heaven will be shaken. Then shall appear the sighn of the son of man in heaven...amen..

Now am i hearing that this has already happened???

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Continual thanks thus far for all your contributions suitable for debate. So far, we have heard that the Abomination of Desolation has now been enacted by the Chartres labyrinth transposing to the dark Cathedral of Lincoln. Some are saying the AoB is anciently historical and has already occured and is not a modern awaited prophecy.
Naturally, I have to reinforce my belief that it has JUST been enacted...lets await and see happens thereafter...and soon, and if further noticable links become apparent to confirm my own thoughts.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

The problem is that prophecy is rife with 3.5 and 7 year periods (42 months, 1260 days, etc), and they are not all indicating a single time as futurists teach. Daniel itself is not linear, and contains very vivid descriptions of things throughout history such as Xerxes, Alexander the Great, Antiochus Epiphanes, etc... Some of them are so accurate, that people have tried to use them to move the date of the writing of the book back to later times. However, you cannot take all these quotes, from different verses, about different topics, to mean the same times, such as Futurism tends to teach.

For example:

Christs ministry to the Jews was supposed to be for 7 years, he was killed after roughly 3.5 of them, and the apostles were expressly told to only minister to Jews for the remaining 3.5 years until the death of the first martyr, Stephen, by the Sanhedrin.

The siege of Jerusalem started at some point in 66 AD, and Jerusalem itself was destroyed and sacked at some time in 70AD, so roughly 3 to 4 years or if we round off 3.5 years again.

1260 days (42 months, 3.5 years) time between the codification of the Law under Justinian I giving legal power the the Roman Pope to him being removed from power by Napoleons army.

Also the temple was sacked and desecrated more then once from the time of Danial to 70AD. The verses preceding the one you listed seems to be about Antiochus Epiphanes and his desecration of the Temple, unless you personally believe that Persia and Greece are going to become world superpowers again at some point in the future.

There are other examples of this throughout the bible, but needless to say the same significant numbers keep repeating, and not necessarily for the same events.

There is also the “end of the world” vs “the end of the age” problem...
God made a covenant with the Jews that he would send the messiah through their blood line, that was Gods promise to them. They rejected Christ, which ultimately was the final straw leading to the destruction of them as a people, and their being slaughtered and scattered.

According to Jewish tradition the “Glory Cloud” of God left the Holy of Holies on the temple mount, and settled on the Mount of Olives, over the Roman encampment there just prior to the destruction of Jerusalem. This was the “End of the Age” of the Jewish people, and the beginning of the “Age of the Gentiles” or the “Age of the Church”. So for example, look more closely what the Disciples asked Christ before he gave them that long dissertation about what was going to happen, and if it REALLY has to do with the end of the world:

Mark:
2And Jesus answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives over against the temple, Peter and James and John and Andrew asked him privately,
4Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign when all these things shall be fulfilled?

Luke:
5And as some spake of the temple, how it was adorned with goodly stones and gifts, he said,
6As for these things which ye behold, the days will come, in the which there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
7And they asked him, saying, Master, but when shall these things be? and what sign will there be when these things shall come to pass?

ONLY Matthew makes any reference to the “End of the World”.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join