It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Court Orders the Release of a UFO Document to Citizen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The document in question is titled, "The search for extraterrestrial life and the implementation of UN Resolution A/33/426 on the observation of unidentified flying objects and extraterrestrial life forms." This is big news around Europe today.

I'm trying to research this UN Resolution but it keeps linking back to this UFO story.

In a nutshell:

A German citizen has won his first battle in an effort to view a UFO report created by the Scientific Service of the German Parliament (aka Bundestag). After attempts by the Bundestag to block the document's release, the Berlin Administrative Court has ruled that the German citizen has the right to read the document as requested. The Bundestag is appealing the decision, sending it to the Supreme Administrative Court of Berlin-Brandenburg for a final decision.

The document reviews materials that Germany had sent the UN in response to a UFO resolution passed in 1978 intended to create an "agency or a department of the United Nations for undertaking, coordinating and disseminating the results of research into unidentified flying objects and related phenomena." The initiative was sponsored by the Prime Minister of Grenada, Sir Eric Gairy. Huffington Post reporter, Lee Speigel, aided Gairy in his effort by arranging audio visual UFO evidence for the presentation to the United Nations. Although the resolution passed, few countries chose to participate.

This will be an interesting story to follow.....

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 11-12-2011 by MRuss because: changed link

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
There is true ignorance in this quote:

The document also contains information as to whether or not the German government conducted official UFO investigations during the Cold War. Andreas Schutz of the German Center for Aeronautics and Astronautics told Weltz Online that he has never heard of the German government investigating UFOs in relation to aliens, but says it is plausible that they did take reports on unidentified aircraft during the cold war. However, Munich physics professor Herald Lech replied: "I am convinced that German ministry officials have never dealt with UFOs. Why should aliens visit here? They should go to France because there is at least good food. "

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
There is true ignorance in this quote:

Why should aliens visit here? "

I bet that aliens would be interested in a group attempting to achieve a master race. Especially a race with blue eyes.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
It would only make sense with the Chinese sky people/ancient E.T.s having blue eyes.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
A link to resolution A/33/426 can be found on this page : A/33/426

You have to seek for A/33/426 on the page to find the reference

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Germany has claimed that they have never officially investigated the UFO phenomena

First off I find that statement hard to believe , especially from the post war years with the East / West Germany situation , seems to me that not investigating UFO reports would be dereliction of duty .

The document in question is titled, The search for extraterrestrial life and the implementation of UN Resolution A/33/426 on the observation of unidentified flying objects and extraterrestrial life forms.

Catchy title

The Bundestag claims that Germany's freedom of information laws do not pertain to their office of Scientific Service and that their copyright laws allow them to keep the documents private.

Now that has to be the weakest excuse for non disclosure in the history of weak excuses

Interesting story

I wish the guy luck and hope he wins the case , but given the other releases from around the world I don't hold out much hope for any definitive evidence contained within , but there may be a couple of new nuggets

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Torre

A link to resolution A/33/426 can be found on this page : A/33/426

Mmmm.. so I imagine, after reading a few "topics," that this is what people do with a liberal arts degree. Now I can stop wondering.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Torre

I don't see any resolution A/33/426 on that page (or on any other page on the UN site).

Am I doing something wrong or is resolution A/33/426 an non-existing resolution?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I heard about this the other day, I thought about starting a thread but forgot,

Thanks for reminding me

I love this story, I can just see all those bureaucrats running about, desperate to keep this document from being seen,

The name of that alleged resolution sounds like pretty convincing evidence in itself,

was it, applying the resolution to ET bio entitys?

I know we are going to find the truth of this matter, before I die

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

There is working link to it on this page here: www.disputeresolutiongermany.com...
Nice find OP, seems they want to hide something here.

edit on 11-12-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

You have to search for A/33/426 on the page the link takes you to. You will find it in the right column a couple of pages down.
When you have located it, you can get to the pdf page by using this new link at the leftmost column (A/RES/33/60)

edit on 2011-12-11 by Torre because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Thanks for that, I see now that it should have been "A/DEC/33/426" instead of just "A/33/426" or "A/RES/33/426", because it was not a resolution, it was a declaration.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Torre

Thanks, but I don't think that's the information we are talking about, that resolution A/33/60 has a related document (draft) called "A/33/426", but it's not resolution "A/33/426", that, apparently, doesn't really exist, as it was a declaration and not a resolution, as I say in my previous post.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

edit on 11-12-2011 by watchdog8110 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

Who are we to argue?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
i read somewhere that there is a possibility that the hardware for the drone was made in china and that there was a 'backdoor' installed that allowed someone to hack into the drone and steal it. i remember when i read that i laughed hard for about 10 minutes until my sides hurt. so would be the stupidity brought on by arrogance in the usa.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I'm trying to research this UN Resolution but it keeps linking back to this UFO story.

The document reviews materials that Germany had sent the UN in response to a UFO resolution passed in 1978 intended to create an "agency or a department of the United Nations for undertaking, coordinating and disseminating the results of research into unidentified flying objects and related phenomena." The initiative was sponsored by the Prime Minister of Grenada, Sir Eric Gairy. Huffington Post reporter, Lee Speigel, aided Gairy in his effort by arranging audio visual UFO evidence for the presentation to the United Nations. Although the resolution passed, few countries chose to participate.

MRuss, good find
-don't know much about the document in question or the Bundestag's efforts to stop its release but there is some info below about the 1978 United Nations meeting and Sir Eric Gairy's efforts to realise a U.N. UFO Study committee -apparently the British Government tried to block it.

Photograph of Lt Col. Coyne, Sir Eric Gairy, J. Allen Hynek, Jacques Vallée etc. attending the United Nations UFO study meeting in 1978:

UK Tried to Stop Worldwide UFO Investigation?

The file includes many pages detailing the British government's attempt in 1978 to derail the country of Grenada's plan to convince the United Nations to form a special UFO study committee..

link

There's also a quote below from Sir Eric Gairy who addressed the United Nations General Assembly in 1978 and Jaques Vallee, who was also present at the meeting, makes a very interesting statement about government 'manipulation' of UFO evidence.

"I know that flying saucers exist because I myself saw one three years ago, and U.N. diplomats will not think I am crazy for saying so. I am convinced that persons from outer space are studying us, or perhaps living among us as earthlings."

Prime Minister Eric Gairy of Grenada - Addressing the 1977-1978 General Assembly meeting of the United Nations.

"Governments took notice, organizing task forces, encouraging secret briefings and study groups, funding classified research and all the time denying before the public that any of the phenomena might be real. The major revelation of these Diaries may be the demonstration of how the scientific community was misled by the government, how the best data were kept hidden, and how the public record was shamelessly manipulated."

Dr. Jacques Vallee, astrophysicist, computer scientist

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Good find, thank you very much.

This is big news around Europe today.

That's really interesting. I havn't heard a word of this here in Germany.
At least not from the News sources I frequently use.
Funny, despite being an avid reader of ATS for a number of years now, it never crossed my mind my Government would take efforts to hide such a thing.
edit on 12-12-2011 by derpif because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by derpif
Funny, despite being an avid reader of ATS for a number of years now, it never crossed my mind my Government would take efforts to hide such a thing.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Where did you get that picture?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by derpif

Hallo Pif

Actually I think there is a (still active) division dealing with any unexplainable phenomena (but not just dealing with UFO/ E.T. issues).

I also never heard about any hiding from information on the part of the Bundesregierung.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join