It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do these South korean building remind you of anything? 9/11???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by mileslong54

So you think we should build a Warsaw Ghetto amusement park? It's called empathy, apparently non-existent in some people.
edit on 9-12-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

I was already an amusement park... just not for the polish jews in there.

300,000 people died there and you think it's funny. Everyday on ATS there are people with threads "Why are things so messed in the world" gee I wonder.....

Did I say it was funny? You suggested a warsaw ghetto amusement park... I just told you it was not exactly a "new idea"... someone had it before you.

Now since you brought up the warsaw ghetto amusement park... I'm the one thinking its funny? Are you on a nervous breakdown or something... calm down. You had the idea, I just commented on it... so you have issues, not me.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by demented
reply to post by haven123

yeah someone else had a post about this.
I saw this on Drudge and thought to myself the people on ats will have a field day with this crap.

I could draw a picture of an elephant smoking a cat and someone somewhere will find a sinister underlying message where there isn't any.

It's a building that is all it is and that is all it was meant to be.

Says a guys named demented.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

Well yeah, bad example but you know what I mean.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Well, I have only skimmed the replies but IMO I think it is a very cool design, and I seriously doubt that the builders were meaning to depict the WTC Buildings. The "cloud" design I think is a great use of space. They apologized to those who were offended although personally I don't think they owed anyone any apology. Anyone who wants to be pissed off because they see this in their own minds as a poke at the WTC well, be pissed, and don't move to those buildings.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
See, to me this

Nor this,

Look anything like the Twin Towers coming down. I have a feeling no one wants to see anything other than what gives them a reason to complain.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

It was not our intention to create an image resembling the attacks nor did we see the resemblance during the design process.

www.theblaze.com...

They "didn't see the resemblance during the design process".

How many of them were working on it? And none of them noticed? Yet it's obvious to most other people.

This was done deliberately. The fact they deny it is just another corporate lie.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I actually think it's a pretty cool design, especially the concept of trees and nature 20-30 floors up. That part doesn't look like an "explosion". It doesn't bother me - and I'm an American.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Well I agree, it is a brilliant design, but people here are going to see only what they want. Hell, if those to built it tore it down tomorrow to appease them then they would be on here screaming that they only built them to watch them fall and poke fun at our poor tragedy. Some people just need to create controversy in their own minds to have something to b!tch about.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

but people here are going to see only what they want.
reply to post by Majiq

they are, although i think the vast majority will see that the first picture in the o.p. looks like a scene from 9/11, whether or not that was it's intention.

the images from 9/11 are forever burned into alot peoples minds due to the shock of what occured that day, that is why people see 9/11. the designers say they did not intend it and nobody thought of it, but even still the first picture in the o.p. looks like 9/11 from a ground level view (most peoples view of it who are out and about).

people posting different angles or insisting that people want to see it will not change the fact the O.P. picture looks like 9/11 to alot of people even though that might not of been the purpose of the design.

and people seeing what they want applies to all of the different things people want to see, not just those who see 9/11.

edit on 10-12-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Absolutely ridiculous and i'm sure they knew what they were building.
edit on 10/12/11 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
How dare they be efficient with their building and maximize the amount of space with a sort of cool looking design!

Seriously, are people still this neurotic and easily-offended over 9/11 that they'll just leap upon anything that maybe-possibly-somewhat bears some resemblance to the event?

They're not even twin towers, they're not the same size.
edit on 10/12/11 by The Empty Skies because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Yes indeed it does look that way.
What happens in the West ,happens in the East.
What occurs in the North, Occurs in the South.
The Pendulum swings both ways.
As above so below.
Look for the pattern!
The Universe is a great big balancing act,
sometimes desperaetly so!(So Obvious!)
Dynamic balance (Equilibrium) must be maintained for the world to work right!

To know this is POWERFUL MAGIC!
Because what happens in the East will happen in the West.
The pendulum swings both ways.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Well, instead of going "omg 9/11 look alike" etc. I have something else to say about this.

It...is...awesome. Really, not the whole thing. But picture buildings designed to look only like the middle part/cloud part of these towers. That would look amazing. And suddenly you can rent an apartment with a garden. Kinda minecrafty...
I gotta go make this in minecraft.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

It was not our intention to create an image resembling the attacks nor did we see the resemblance during the design process.

www.theblaze.com...

They "didn't see the resemblance during the design process".

How many of them were working on it? And none of them noticed? Yet it's obvious to most other people.

This was done deliberately. The fact they deny it is just another corporate lie.

They might not be lying. Picture being a part of a huge architectural design project.
Someone goes: "We need to build some towers, so that we can squeze in alot of people, while using very little space on the ground."

Okay, thats the tower part, that is why we build towers upwards, and not just lay them down.

Now someone goes: "But we need to innovate, I want to see trees and small gardens on the 30'th floor."

Great idea isnt it? But how the hell would anyone do get trees and gardens up on floor 30?

"Well.. we could build something like blocks going out from the towers, make it look like a kid played with LEGO, so that it looks unintentional, but still have it look esthetical."

Great idea right? Now tell me. How the hell would you NOT see 9/11 in this design, when the first time you see it, is with a link to an article saying 9/11 all over?
Also, how the hell would anyone build: Two towers side by side, with gardens and trees high up above street level, and not have it look like what most of you guys are bitching about?

Get over yourself, you lost two towers and some lives, you are moving on. Dont think that America is so damn important that you have the right to see 9/11 everywhere and just ban whatever you dont like. But its okay I get it. America is still a very young country, a very young people. But its time you grow up.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majiq
Well, I have only skimmed the replies but IMO I think it is a very cool design, and I seriously doubt that the builders were meaning to depict the WTC Buildings. The "cloud" design I think is a great use of space. They apologized to those who were offended although personally I don't think they owed anyone any apology. Anyone who wants to be pissed off because they see this in their own minds as a poke at the WTC well, be pissed, and don't move to those buildings.

If they wanted to play up the innovative "cloud" part of the design, why was it necessary to choose two towers? The design could have been replicated, possibly even more effectively, with a single building. Also, the iconic shape of the original twin towers did not need to be copied for that "cloud effect", either. I say the designers certainly did know what it would instantly remind most people of, but went ahead anyway.
Really poor taste. I wonder what kind of people would choose to live there? Would the building's resemblance be a sick merchandising and selling point? "Oh, I live in that cool 9/11 building".

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Lol, you all crack me up!
I for one enjoy the design very much, its modern, innovative and simply great architecture. For those who believe that this resembles the WTC towers, well, I shall not waste my time to formulate a fitting and humorous comment on how naive it is to think so.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

I absolutely agree with you, and I will be the first to say that I can see where people can draw a connection between that one photo and the WTC falling. As rational people though we should not just see that picture and instantly make the leap to "This is an intentional poke at the suffering of those people" That is IMO completely insane. Look at the building in more than one light and tell me that it still looks like the WTC, That is why I posted the other photos.

All of that is a moot point though. The fact is that no, when they designed it I doubt they had WTC in mind or were overly concerned about the feelings of anyone who would want to cry about the design, and why should they? Are architects now suppose to walk on egg shells every time they design a skyscraper the world over because some American might get their little feelings hurt?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by needlenight

Hey don't make it an American thing please. I am American and very proud of that fact, but I see it your way completely. Not all of us are so self absorbed.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Yep,....with me it associate directly with the twin-towers on 09112001.

I like the idea tho...they should design other than straight forward towers and keep the "pixel" idea. Do something with round towers.....or piramids?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Wow, so because terrorists attacked a couple of towers in NYC 10 years ago killing thousands, we can't ever have two buildings next to each other if they are a general tower shape?

Maybe we should build a summer camp that looks like a Nazi Concentration camp.

Give me a break,it has nothing to do with the building having a general tower shape...Which they DON'T!

It looks like the twin towers after being hit by the planes. That is undeniable.

I doubt any of us would care if they looked like the twin towers. But the twin towers on fire, is a horse of a different color and this building WILL offend people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join