It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do these South korean building remind you of anything? 9/11???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
These residential high-rise buildings to be completed in Seoul, South Korea, by 2015 are connected in the middle by a cloud, which the designer says “differentiates the building from other luxury developments.”

The towers designed by architects at MVRDV are 300 and 260 meters high with a “pixelated” cloud in the middle at the 27th floor. The cloud allows for more light and room for decks and greenspace.

www.theblaze.com...

edit on 9-12-2011 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

did they take the design from this shot.
encefalus.com...
edit on 9-12-2011 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

That's a bit creepy, very 9/11 looking, very interesting, thanks for sharing!

edit on 9-12-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The first picture actually reminds me of the WTC towers sort of exploding.
A very strange design indeed. It barely looks like it is stable.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Some part of the article says 'it would look just fine when viewed ABOVE the cloud. But from street level?"

I have to agree. Kind of very distasteful. When I first saw the pic when the page opened my first thought was "Oh are they posting pics of the 9/11 towers for comparison?" .... and then I realized those ARE the living towers in S. Korea for their prototypes. :O

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
simply the power of suggestion in action?

or a testament to it? who knows? weird intentions?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Good thing the design company apologized. It seems that 9/11 just may not be at the forefront of their minds due to passage of time and that they are so far removed from the situation.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Outrageous.

This is more than obviously regarding 9/11.

You don't build something like that and then apologize afterwards.

It's not like it's similar. It is visually the same.

Except for the fact that there were systematic explosions from many other floors, of course.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
simply the power of suggestion in action?

or a testament to it? who knows? weird intentions?

Yes.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Outrageous.

This is more than obviously regarding 9/11.

You don't build something like that and then apologize afterwards.

It's not like it's similar. It is visually the same.

Except for the fact that there were systematic explosions from many other floors, of course.

I have to agree, what were they thinking! There's always plans and model buildings before the real one gets going and no one noticed the distastefulness of this, no one saw a bit of resemblance to the twin towers on 9/11. This was done for that effect, I can't logically see any other reason for doing this. The apology is BS!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Wow, so because terrorists attacked a couple of towers in NYC 10 years ago killing thousands, we can't ever have two buildings next to each other if they are a general tower shape?

Where were the complaints about people building more trains after the Madrid bombing?

This thread and the replies in it are ridiculous. They're two towers built to accomodate residential housing. We have thousands of them all over Britain. Should we knock those down too, many which have been around since the 1960s, just because a few over-sensitive Americans get a little fussy?

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

its more to do with the cloud/explosion

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Wow, so because terrorists attacked a couple of towers in NYC 10 years ago killing thousands, we can't ever have two buildings next to each other if they are a general tower shape?

Where were the complaints about people building more trains after the Madrid bombing?

This thread and the replies in it are ridiculous. They're two towers built to accomodate residential housing. We have thousands of them all over Britain. Should we knock those down too, many which have been around since the 1960s, just because a few over-sensitive Americans get a little fussy?

So you think we should build a Warsaw Ghetto amusement park? It's called empathy, apparently non-existent in some people.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The Koreans did 9/11 !!!!

I think they're cool, kinda of like an arcology from Sim City.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well... I like it. Specially the "hanging gardens"...

But they're going to build them still or american sensibility censored it and they cancelled the project?

I think its a damn fine one...

Now if the clouds were black and orange with yellow highlights I could have something against...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54

So you think we should build a Warsaw Ghetto amusement park? It's called empathy, apparently non-existent in some people.

I was already an amusement park... just not for the polish jews in there.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
South Korea builds a building, a rather unique and innovative building, and they are somehow bound to not design it because of some passing resemblance to a historical event in another country?

It is that sort of Amerocentric (like that I just made it up) attitude that helped lead to 9-11 in the first place. There is no need for apology from the design firm.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Originally posted by mileslong54

I was already an amusement park... just not for the polish jews in there.

300,000 people died there and you think it's funny. Everyday on ATS there are people with threads "Why are things so messed in the world" gee I wonder.....

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I think it is all due to perspective of the photo. There are definite similarities but I do not really see it as the same. Maybe someone could do a side to side to show the comparison?
Plus I think it is solely based on architecture. I am not professional or anything, but it seems to have such a bizarre design. I dunno, I would like to see another pic or two before I pass judgement.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

reply to post by curious7

i think you are missing the obvious out of that, i do not think it is because two towers are side by side, i think it is because they have been built and designed in a way that simulates the implosion/destruction of the twin towers on 9/11.

i think that is what is in question, not the fact that two towers have been built side by side.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

yeah someone else had a post about this.
I saw this on Drudge and thought to myself the people on ats will have a field day with this crap.

I could draw a picture of an elephant smoking a cat and someone somewhere will find a sinister underlying message where there isn't any.

It's a building that is all it is and that is all it was meant to be.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join