It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are all in heaven NOW

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

All we have is pain,suffering and then death to look forward to.

No my friend,we are in hell.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Originally posted by Agarta
This is true you are free to suffer the consequences of your actions AND the consequences of the actions of others. Not to mention the Actions of Nature as well.

It does not matter how well the cake decorator decorates the cow patty, its still a cow patty.

...that fertilises the earth to produce the food YOU & I eat...

FREE WILL includes the option of removing yourself from situations/timelines that would place you within the actions of others...

The inclusion of a self-regulating condition (in nature) is a spurious inclusion, and tells more about the state of mind of the includer.

Akushla

"Free Will" is a cop-out phrase used by brain-washed religious types to justify suffering, misery and other evils religion can't explain away. Does free will include the option of removing ones self from the ravages of cancer? Didn't think so !

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Well start viewing it as perfect and then you'll see what I mean. I'm happy that you used a laughing smiley face, good for you !

Sorry dude, but I don't really do drugs anymore. Sobriety is not fun, but at least I'm able to communicate with other socially/politically-minded people.
edit on 10-12-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

Oh, you don't need drugs to feel this happy. Isn't that amazing? I never touched drugs in my life and I still socialize well with people!

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Hedonism is the way, THIS IS HEAVEN!

So now it's a little clearer where you are coming from.

You do whatever the hell you want as long as it makes YOU feel good?

That is not heaven.

That is irresponsible selfishness.

Big difference.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by arpgme

You do whatever the hell you want as long as it makes YOU feel good?

Of course! I wouldn't be doing things if it made me feel bad. There's no reason to subject myself to pain and suffering and people are waking up and realizing how silly it is to do such a thing...

Everyone should follow their happiness! Change your perspective into one which feels good.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

So if it made someone happy to kill a person that "got in the way of their happiness", would it be "heavenly" since it made them feel good to do it?

If it made a person feel good to rape women, then do you say it is heavenly?

Many serial killers enjoy brutally killing random people. Is that too "heavenly and good" just as long as it makes them feel good?

This could go on and on...

edit on 12/10/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

If you are depending on others to submit to your will then that is not true happiness. You are in heaven NOW, change your perspective! Think happy thoughts! Feel happy! Do what makes you happy and depend on NO ONE but yourself to make your happiness!

Hedonism says that happiness is the only virtue! So live in happiness depend on happiness from no one, but yourself

edit on 10-12-2011 by arpgme because: more detail

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

But anyone can up and destroy it all at a moment's notice.

Heaven shouldn't have guns, nor the possibility to make them. This is not heaven. Closer to hell.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Originally posted by theovermensch
What about people in Somalia?

Should they be happy?

The slums in India?

People in the west shouldnt be happy either because of these things.

I would like to see you tell someone in Somalia that they should look on the bright side.

Are people starving in Somalia just thinking the glass is half empty?

What about Nigeria? Bestowed with corruption, violence and poverty.

Ranking of the World's Happiest Countries 1. Nigeria 2. Mexico 3. Venezuela 4. El Salvador 5. Puerto Rico

thehappinessshow.com...

Go figure? USA doesn't even make the top 10.

Except for Nigeria the rest of the countries listed are a stone's throw away from Columbia and the drug cartels mountains of coc aine, which if injected makes misery seem like heaven, even if only for a brief period of time !

Coincidence? I don't think so......

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If you are depending on others to submit to your will then that is not true happiness

What is the point of your arguing that hedonism is the way to heaven then?

Are you not wishing to convince others of your "will"?

Why are you typing these ridiculous responses if they Don't make you happy?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by arpgme

Heaven shouldn't have guns, nor the possibility to make them. This is not heaven. Closer to hell.

If someone can "destroy" your happiness, then that is not true happiness. True happiness is in YOUR hands YOU control your own happiness.

What is the point of your arguing that hedonism is the way to heaven then?

If you believe that happiness is the only virtue then you will definitely change your perspective into one which feels good, in other words heaven...

Are you not wishing to convince others of your "will"?

I want to remind people that we are all in heaven now, yes, but if I fail to do so, I'd still be happy because EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE will remember eventually.

Why are you typing these ridiculous responses if they Don't make you happy?

I never said they didn't make me happy. I type these responses because I feel like having a conversation about the topic at hand, duh.

edit on 10-12-2011 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
When I was in college, I proposed to my girlfriend. I came home from college and she dumped me. That summer she lead me on thinking we'd get back together.

My father goes in for heart surgery but thankfully came out ok.

A kid I know dies from Cancer.

My ex who lead me on then sleeps with some Russian guy and dates him when she told me she didn't want a relationship, which was the "reason" her and I broke up.

This is heaven?

Fu*k your heaven.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by arpgme

If someone can "destroy" your happiness, then that is not true happiness. True happiness is in YOUR hands YOU control your own happiness.

If one is living "in happiness" and gets shot in the head by another with a gun
(because the shooter was made happy by shooting the gun),
and that hedonist person shot and dying is unhappy to be shot (by a another happy person),
the hedonist dying never really had "heavenly happiness?"
Because someone "destroyed" their happiness -- which was living hedonistically --as you promote.

if someone shot you in the head, let's say, would YOU still be "happy"?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
When I was in college, I proposed to my girlfriend. I came home from college and she dumped me. That summer she lead me on thinking we'd get back together.

That means that you deserve even BETTER.

My father goes in for heart surgery but thankfully came out ok.

Exactly.

A kid I know dies from Cancer.

You just gotta get over that. People live and people die, that's a part of life.

My ex who lead me on then sleeps with some Russian guy and dates him when she told me she didn't want a relationship, which was the "reason" her and I broke up.

Great, now you can be done with the drama and look forward...

This is heaven?

Fu*k your heaven.

Oh no, not MY heaven, but YOURS. It's you who get to change your perspective into whatever makes you happy.

I'm cheering for you and wishing for you the best.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If you believe that happiness is the only virtue then you will definitely change your perspective into one which feels good, in other words heaven...

If YOU really do believe "happiness is the only virtue", that means according to you:

Honesty is not a virtue,

Love is not a virtue (because love can bring joy AND grief)

Empathy is worthless,

Nothing else in the world matters if it doesn't make YOU happy.

True bunk and refuse

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I doubt this is heaven but people can sure make it close to it. The priviledged need to help the less fortunate get the knowledge they need to be happy. U cant expect a ten year old to understand the spirit. You have to teach them. We need to teach others this. Im sitting in my bath on my ipad. If that is not priviledged then i do not know what is. Sure i "earned" it to american standards but nevertheless. Some people do not have internet and do not have the means to educate themselves. We can make earth heavenly but we need to help everyone. Its on the hellish side right now for most...... Thats all

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I think perhaps you have never "broken" a person. I have. And while I am not proud of it, what I learned from it is that anything that makes you happy can be broken. What that says to true hapiness I know not. I can tell you the happiest I have ever felt was in the mind, not anything of the real world. But that, too, can be broken. And while I myself have never been broken, always going to that abstract place in my mind, I also know that that place cannot always been reached, and that you sometimes can accidentally build a wall around it in order to motivate yourself in the real world.

edit on 10-12-2011 by Gorman91 because: le spelling

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
My above post is not attacking you OP. i believe if we are optimistic, loving, compassionate we can make earth heaven like but it is far from it right now.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

If one is living "in happiness" and gets shot in the head by another with a gun
(because the shooter was made happy by shooting the gun),
and that hedonist person shot and dying is unhappy to be shot (by a another happy person),
the hedonist dying never really had "heavenly happiness?"

The hedonist had happiness/heaven, the just left it in the moment they became unhappy...

if someone shot you in the head, let's say, would YOU still be "happy"?

It doesn't matter what I would do, I am a person, not a philosophy although I am a person PRACTICING a philosophy...

But, if someone shot me in the head, whether I am happy or sad would not change a thing, so I might as well be happy, why waste a single moment.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

So if you were in an accident and were paralyzed and blinded, and not able to experience many of the pleasures of the senses that hedonism extols, would you be happy?

Much of your happiness would have to come from your mind then and not the sensual pleasures.

That would not then be "true" hedonism and "heaven" (as you call it) then would it?
edit on 12/10/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join