It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More evidence that evolution in humans did indeed take place.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
It seems ancient man, were making their homes safer and more comfortable with basic items we still use today. They even used special grasses and stones, to ward off mosquitoes.

The fact that ancient man, thought outside the box, and did not always choose the simplest solution as their first choice, indicates that they reasoned, they thought, they deduced and calculated.

Article

Wadley said that while shell beads and other findings that indicate how early humans thought about themselves and their environment may be more glamorous, her bedding and evidence about how plants were processed to create it are a window on a community’s day-to-day life.

The earliest mats are about 77,000 years old, around the time other research shows early Africans were using shell beads, engraving, and innovative stone technology. The mats are some 50,000 years older than other examples of plant bedding found in Spain, Israel and elsewhere in South Africa.

I think that sometimes many people have the wrong perception, of these "ancient man", often having the perception they were merely simple hunter gatherers, where we can see, this is not the case. Actually we are not so different from them today.

vvv

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

S+f, well obviously we are at the near top of the food chain, wanting to make our inhabitant dwelling better should come natural.
Gravy, my mate in the my avatar, pulls the blanket over himself when he's cold. I know some would think 'yea,so!' but it is just a simple analagy to agree with your OP.
The canine obviously isnt too high in the food chain, but its funny how us 'humans' use the metaphor that its a dog eat dog world.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

Totally agree, i think that sometimes we as humans, seem to look down on everything around us, because, as you said, we are the top of the food chain. Its funny though, that we even look down on ourselves, in the sense that we think of ancient man, as nothing more than apes with some weapons.

vvv

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

The fact that ancient man, thought outside the box, and did not always choose the simplest solution as their first choice, indicates that they reasoned, they thought, they deduced and calculated.

Deduction by reason and logical thought, doesn't necessarily mean that the first choice was not the simplest.

Most likely, there was plenty of trial and error. Try the simplest solution first. Then if that isn't good enough, make some adjustments, and try something slightly different.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Of course mate, however, that will still indicate that early man was possible of rational and logical thought, he had dreams and desires.

vvv

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

exactly, we do tend to look down upon each other, if only we could eradicate the egotism which seems to conjour and manifest, then perhaps we as human would consider equality as being a standard.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
This is very, very interesting - but I can't see how it proves evolution. If anything, it shows people were much the same even that long ago.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I'm still convinced we as a species were placed here on Planet Earth, much like the Convicts of Australia, as un-wanted members of another Planet.

Pretty much dumped here, and left to survive.

From then on in, I think we see Evolution.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

This is news only to those who don't know much about ancient man. And on that note. Which age of ancient man are you refering to? Serious science has known for a long time that ancient man was clever. The idea that Neanderthal were dumb ape like men started when they were first found and the opinion at the time was that they were less human so therefore not to bright but it was soon realised that that wasn't the case but the bad name stuck thanks to those who don't understand it.
edit on 9-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
I'm still convinced we as a species were placed here on Planet Earth, much like the Convicts of Australia, as un-wanted members of another Planet.

Pretty much dumped here, and left to survive.

From then on in, I think we see Evolution.

And our genome just happened to fit in with the timescale of changes of the rest of earths life and we also have complete sequences of matching DNA as do all life.......hmmmm. Hell of a coincidence!

Sorry but DNA proves we are earth bound.

Now the original seed billions of years ago may be extra terrestrial or formed on earth. Both possible and ironically enough the evidence for either is more likely as we learn more.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Thank you, friend!

I always HATE hearing people dismiss and downplay anything from the ancients because they were "just a bunch of superstitious stone-age hunter/gatherers". Guess what - people are people, always have been, always will be. Yes, some people may not be aware of other societies, thoughts, or technological advancements, but that doesn't mean they were a bunch of animal-men who couldn't tell reality from fiction or made everything up.

Long story short as I know I'm not saying it well, we can't discount everything we've received from those long past JUST BECAUSE they are long past. And the same applies in our modern era as well - people of different societies that some groups like to demonize on those who are still just that - people like you and me, some bad apples of course but a lot of normal everyday people who laugh and cry and think pretty much exactly the same way we do in their common daily lives.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I don't get why evolution was added in the title

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimalRed

Yeah I'm wondering the same thing.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
This is very, very interesting - but I can't see how it proves evolution. If anything, it shows people were much the same even that long ago.

It doesn't prove evolution, but facts speak for themselves. Evolution is proven already and doesn't need to be proven to anybody that knows how to read and research things on their own.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs

Originally posted by Schkeptick

It doesn't prove evolution, but facts speak for themselves. Evolution is proven already and doesn't need to be proven to anybody that knows how to read and research things on their own.

Evolution is pretty much a smart word for development. Of course we are going to learn more as time goes on and even people back in the day done the same thing, and maybe what ever was before them as well. But going off the dumb asses of today, I'd say we have de-evolved. We can build things etc, but when it comes to the majority of people, they are no smarter than a common ancient caveman. Just go down to your local pub for factual evidence.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
IMO your average ancient man was a very smart individual. Decisions had to be made constantly which could mean life or death, foolishness, absentmindedness etc resulted in death or injury. Your average person nowadays is nowhere near as bright, it's been a common misconception since Victorian times that 'cavemen' were as thick as a plank, where as the truth of the matter was probably very different, the opposite infact. Most people living in modern 1st world countries can't look after themselves at all, let alone survive and thrive using their wits and brawn like our ancestors did.
edit on 9-12-2011 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 1116539997

I'd say we have de-evolved

There is no such thing. You can not unwind evolution. What's done is done. You are constantly moving forward. May it be more or less intelligent is a different story.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I wonder, then, if we're wrong about evolution entirely. Early man wasn't evolving into modern man. It seems from this article that we're one and the same. The only difference is that they couldn't manufacture the metals and plastics we use today.

Indeed it would seem that the "caveman" we once envisioned is becoming more and more non-existent with each new discovery.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0cryptic0truth0

I wonder, then, if we're wrong about evolution entirely. Early man wasn't evolving into modern man. It seems from this article that we're one and the same. The only difference is that they couldn't manufacture the metals and plastics we use today.

Indeed it would seem that the "caveman" we once envisioned is becoming more and more non-existent with each new discovery.

depnds on the age that is being talked about.
edit on 9-12-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This why we need to know which age of man the OP is talking about. Our current form of human being homosapien,sapien is about 50 or 60,000 years old. The ones before that would never have been able to split an atom but they weren't stupid by any means. I would just like to know which age of man is being talked about.

A human baby born 50,000 thousand years ago if we were somehow able to bring it into the present could grow up to be a fighter pilot because we're the same people. But a human baby born say 70 or 80,000 years ago and brought into the present would not be able to do that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join