It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American soldiers dumped in landfill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
www.globalpost.com...

274 American Soldiers remains were dumped in landfill in Virginia State. Just heard this on my local news, but it seems to be old news.Thought this was hardcore though, so I wanted to spread the word. America is officially ran by communist.
Our country is So BROKE "15 TRILLION to be exact", that the government can't afford to bury our soldiers at sea.
edit on 8-12-2011 by GreenFurnNW because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenFurnNW
www.globalpost.com...

274 American Soldiers remains were dumped in landfill in Virginia State. Thought this was hardcore, so I wanted to spread the word. America is officially ran by communist.

Can you provide proof of this? A source or photos?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

The dumping was kept from families, and there are no plans to notify them now, Air Force officials told the Post.

That is simply a disgrace....sorry for a oneliner, but I have no more words for this action.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DemonsLove

I actually am on the hunt for more proof, I just recently heard this on my local news channel..

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
"An additional group of 1,762 unidentified remains from the battlefield — which could not be tested for DNA because they were too damaged"

what are they gonna do with unidentified parts? hand them out to random families?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
there is another thread on this... sorry i dont have time to link it right now but search for 274 and you will find it. Also the last time I heard about this it was kind of an old story and it wasn't whole bodies being dumped its pieces that they either could not identify or where just to lazy to do it. there is a federal investigation into it I believe.

Either way as a disabled veteran I am disgusted.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
[color=dodgerblue]I was just discussing this with my sister in law whose husband is in the Air Force.

It's just disgusting...

Good Job, America.
edit on 8-12-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by wlord

They could be at least a little respectful of those that lost their lives serving our country. They could at least give the remains a proper burial and mark it as unknown with a plaque stating the situation. Our soldiers deserve better than this treatment.

edit on 8-12-2011 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wlord

I can understand you're point, but I don't think it was just legs and arms the put in this landfill.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

here is the link and like i said its pretty old. since they are working on the investigation its starting to pick up steam again

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

The Air Force dumped the incinerated partial remains of at least 274 American troops in a Virginia landfill, far more than the military had acknowledged, before halting the secretive practice three years ago, records show.

The landfill dumping was concealed from families who had authorized the military to dispose of the remains in a dignified and respectful manner, Air Force officials said. There are no plans, they said, to alert those families now.
.....[snip].....

An additional group of 1,762 unidentified remains were collected from the battlefield and disposed of in the same manner, the Air Force said.

Read more of this article / The Washington Post

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wlord

too damaged for dna? After 9/11 they identified people with pieces the size of finger nails, and id say they were damaged.. Damaged how? With a nuclear weapon of sorts? Sounds wierd

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
"Military men are just dumb stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy."

- Henry Kissinger

Surprised we have been disposed of like dumb stupid animals too?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Reply to post by SuperSecretSquirrel

Worse than animals, no animals were dumped in landfills

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

So as much as people complain about the government and the military wasting money you want them to spend more money to make sure the right piece of random flesh makes it into the right box?

Its not that big of a deal most piece where incinerated which is what has been done with unidentifiable body parts since WW2 or placed in a unmarked grave. Yeah they should have been less shady and tell the families what was going on but it the US Gov what do you really expect? Upfront Honesty?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DisIllusioned PatRiot

im questioning wy they were too damaged to test, not why they werent tested. To me that implies chemical or biological contamination..

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
reply to post by DisIllusioned PatRiot

im questioning wy they were too damaged to test, not why they werent tested. To me that implies chemical or biological contamination..

I typically wouldn't go that far but it's plausible...my father was over in Iraq as a contractor with KBR/Halliburton and got 3 lung conditions from the burn pits and many of our soldiers and citizens/contractors exposed to these burn pits are coming back and dying within as little as a month to a year...my father has 3-5 years left in his life and is in the Class Action Lawsuit against them after winning $500,000 from them in a settlement. They are burning the materials constantly...on top of that we are spending $2 billion a WEEK on this war... and yet we still have advocates of the war in the 99% ignorance at its best! not to mention we have people like Westboro Baptist Church coming out of the wood works and protesting burials for soldiers who have died. I say this is all outrageous and absurd. I respect these men too much to let this continue on

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Now it even makes more sense as to why the Bush administration made it illegal to film or report on dead military members coming home. Maybe .. ya, maybe... they thought it would be bad publicity to see them coming home and dumped in ... well, dumps.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
at least they weren't sent to rendering plants

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Very disturbing and dishonorable!!!
What has become of this world?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join