It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Causes of Perceived Imperfection.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
We create imperfection. We even believe that we are imperfect, and we are unaware what is driving this belief. Without a doubt, there is one particular thing that is driving the belief in imperfection and perpetuating its existence.

The universe really is perfect. I know it's hard to believe, as there are many conflicts and upheavals in this world, but those conflicts and upheavals are our creation. We were created as perfect beings. We create and perpetuate our imperfections.

This isn't a religious thread, although the Bible does help me illustrate what exactly is causing our perceive imperfection, so I will allude to it briefly. This is about four real concepts that are also illustrated by the Bible. Before I go into the Bible part of it, though, I will tell you these concepts in the order that they first occured that led to our belief and our perception of an imperfect world.

Separation. Imbalance. Jealousy. Greed.

At the beginning of the Bible, the story goes that Adam and Eve ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. That was the beginning of the belief in separation. This caused man to conceptually deal with all concepts as something separate from God. That was the imbalance and the split from unity.

Then, Adam and Eve made clothes for themselves. This visually furthered the perception of separation between man and environment. Now everywhere you looked, there was a God-made human coupled with a man-made creation. Now the one God has become the perceived many.

But this perceived manyness furthered the imbalance perception which furthered the belief of imperfection. Now it became so imbalance that people began to oppose one another. This was out of jealousy. The story of Cain and Abel illustrates the introduction of this concept directly following the story of Adam and Eve. Cain was jealous of Abel so he killed him. In unity, there is no jealousy, but now with this imblanced belief in separation, jealousy is inevitable. When all is perceived to be unequal, there are beliefs of better and worse circumstances. That causes the one in perceived worse circumstances to envy and covet the ones in better circumstances which causes the one in worse circumstances to act accordingly. It also gives the one in better circumstances a false sense of security, when in reality, his brother is jealous and wants to kill him.

Now the one with the false sense of security has every material possession he could dream of. And he only wants more. The human race is a never ending race towards satisfying greed. Greed is a black hole that goes no where but keeps going. Down this dark pit is perpetual dissatisfaction. This is why we believe we are in an imperfect world. It is because we believe we are separate. It is because we are jealous. It is because we are greedy.

Starving children in Africa are subject to our greed. The world has ample resources if only we had the compassion necessary to work to distribute it evenly. Compassion is the first stop on the road back home. Home is where unity is. When you see all as one, you know your happiness and satisfaction are dependent on your brother's and sister's happiness and satisfaction. Working towards the goal of others' happiness and satisfaction is compassion. Compassion can eliminate worldwide starvation and poverty. Then, we won't be able to say, "Tell a kid living in Somalia that the world is perfect." After we have eliminated starvation and poverty through compassion by unity, of course, there will be other bumps in the road, but at least we will be heading in the right direction. Once we change our course, there would be no going back. Who would want to go back into that dark pit?

Compassion is impossible if you choose to remain greedy and selfish. Sadly, it is this choice that perpetuates the illusion of imperfection for us all.

Don't doubt the reality of unity because unity is our salvation.
edit on 8-12-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I do agree with you.
The sad thing is we will never unite.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719
I do agree with you.

I believe we will, but there will need to be some major catalyst to make us collectively aware of the way home and the necessity of returning.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I will make a little change in the perspective on your discussion. For me earth is as it should be right now. It is in a state of evolution to something different but very imperfect but with a lot of potential. To be able to change the old systems must be removed or changed. There is very little wrong with the planet or the nonhuman animals. The human animals are a bit crazy
, myself included.

Every life I live I start out with a blank mind with just a my soul with me. In every life my mind evolves and sometimes awakeen to the law of one. Every life changes my soul a little bit. I am never alone but some lifes I am lonely because that is the path I need to walk. In this life my mind is very imperfect with the ego corruption and duality that I am still cleaning up. But it is evolving towards more unity. I have to be exactly like I am now to become what I will become. Not even god is perfect/ideal from my perspective, because he/she/it is evolving, because I am evolving. What is right or wrong depend on your perspective.

From my perspective the right is: harmony, unity, freedom under responsability, love and empathy. But I can only be one with the ones that want to be one with me. If they want to play with ego then thats their choice and their karma. We all pay the karmabill and it is one of the things that give me comfort. I will always take responsability of my actions/inactions. Some lifes you go backwards and some life you go forward. But there is no hurry. It is not a race. The only reason to want to evolve quickly is to avoid pain and suffering. If you choose to change the change can be gentler than the change that is forced on you from the outside.

Above are just how my mind percives things at this moment. It might be totaly wrong but I like it. Ignore it if it don't fit you. Namaste soulbrothers and soulsisters.
edit on 8-12-2011 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I do agree with you.

How cynical. With that outlook, you're right.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

I do agree with you.

How cynical. With that outlook, you're right.

Denying the truth is worse.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Never say never, then all hope is lost.

The new(old) understandings, the new "grokkings" are only just beginning to come on stream, again.

What we need is acceptance and patience, hope and faith, and the recognition and awareness that we are more powerful and influencial than we've previously given ourselves credit.

The world can only be saved one person at a time. Therefore I'll go first. What else is there to do, sit around and bemoan the sins of the world, while assuring your fellow man that a solution is impossible? Not.

The only rational and reasonable response is bright optimism. Nothing else makes any sense, or is workable, or helpful. We must always strive towards an ideal of perfection. Anything less just won't do and isn't worthy of us or our fellow man.

We are either part of the solution or part of the problem.

What we need is ever MORE courage, not less.

edit on 8-12-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Yeah separation isn't good, neither are the other things you mentioned in the OP. For me separation was a direct result of attending Catholic grade school where they introduced me to the concept of sin. Up until that time I was One with everything. I knew nothing else. They started us out with nice stories about God and Jesus and gradually over the early years built it up into something else... something that said we weren't good enough, we made God angry, we needed Jesus to save us, etc. etc. It was a downhill slide of that stuff till I hit my twenties, went for a short time to another church, a "Bible believing church" and it was far worse than the Catholic church imo. Left all of that 30 years ago and never looked back. Got back to basics and the feeling I had when I was small and learning from Nature and the Goddess. I got my groove back

The world is a good place. Has its problems but we're working on them. Each person born is perfect and its only religions that tell them otherwise. We got the choice whether to listen to it or not.
edit on 8-12-2011 by LunaKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

Whatever works. For me, my investigation into Christianity has resulted in my firm belief in the fundamental goodness of the creation and that of man at its heart. I've become an evolutionary Christian mystic, so that may be a little different from conservative, fundamentalist literalism.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

reply to post by LunaKat

Whatever works. For me, my investigation into Christianity has resulted in my firm belief in the fundamental goodness of the creation and that of man at its heart. I've become an evolutionary Christian mystic, so that may be a little different from conservative, fundamentalist literalism.

And that is as it should be too. We are all in different places with what we need. Keep on keeping on

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

reply to post by LunaKat

Any path is as god as the next one.
. I saw one person that seemed to walk the path thru satan where he have put all god in satan and all bad in god. He was still stuck in duality but It was hilarious from my point of view that he is going that path. He is kinda rebelling against the evil god/system that is keeping him down and will stand up against him.

It kinda reminded me of my own thought to god where I made it clear that he/she/it will not use the creation as punishment that will last forever. Never the tyrant always the teacher or he/she/it will have a big problem with me. I kinda have a hard time beliving in eternal hell because it seems whatever is the higher power decided that I was ready to wake up again and be harmonoius in this life. Why read to much about the higher power when you can experiance how it is for yourself. Namaste
edit on 8-12-2011 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

They have a saying in AA, to the effect that "religion is for people who are afraid of going to hell, but spirituality is for those who have already been there."

Hell has no bottom, to there's always an opportunity for escape from darkness into light.

There is no such thing as eternal hell. It would violate the law of karma. That said I wouldn't want to share a room in heaven with Adolf Hitler, or Dick Cheney for that matter!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment
In this life my mind is very imperfect with the ego corruption and duality that I am still cleaning up.

I disagree with this because I think our brains are actually perfect. Our forms are perfect. It is how we use them that leads us to believe that all is not perfect. Right now, your brain has the capacity to harmonize and unify with God. It's just hard to see the way sometimes.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

reply to post by apushforenlightment

They have a saying in AA, to the effect that "religion is for people who are afraid of going to hell, but spirituality is for those who have already been there."

Very true. Do you mind if I use that in my signature?

new topics

top topics

active topics

join