It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran displays captured US drone

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

I have no doubt that they have one. But I imagine it is in ruins, and that there's no technology to really significantly take apart. A Roswell situation quite literally.

I imagine they have the shape, and the general idea....but nothing you can't find on the internet.

link   
Updated Source on it being brought down by EMP:

On Sunday December 4, the Iranian Army's electronic warfare unit downed with minimum damage the US RQ-170 Sentinel stealth aircraft which was flying over the Iranian city of Kashmar, some 140 miles (225km) from the Afghan border.

For it certainly wasn't "shot" down with artillery.

www.presstv.ir...

link   
If these things can be hacked, then who knows what other drones can be taken over. Would it be possible to use the weaponry of drones once you have control? Scary thought..

link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I agree. Have you seen the sophisticated control stations used to pilot these types of drones. I find it hard to imagine an Iranian pilot sitting behind a similar set up waiting for control to be gained via some remote hacking procedure. I also doubt if they were able to access the drones software they would lack the correct interface to communicate a automated landing sequence.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The US gov, pretty much just gave the Iranian Gov the keys to the hot rod. I sure hope they were able to destroy all classified equipment on board, and all its components, but something is telling me they didnt otherwise it wouldnt have been guided down by the Irainian Electronic Warfare peeps. Bastards. These are some dirty games everyone is starting to play. You can bet China, Russia, and all the rest of them are already there.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

What is Iran's reason to fake it?

Perhaps to beat their chests, and give false impressions to the World of capabilities that they do not possess?

All theater.....the US is missing a drone (probably crashed, irretrievably) and Iran decided to fake this and present themselves as far more sophisticated than they actually are.

Remember Saddam Hussein, and his many claims of bluster and boast? Even whats-his-name, the "Communications Minister" who lied through his teeth during the early stages of the American assault on Iraq in 2003??

I'm saying that the "minds" of these similar cultures (Iran and Iraq) may think a bit alike, in these cases. Deception is a time-honored Arab tradition.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
China, Russia want to inspect downed U.S. drone

TEHRAN - An informed source in the Iranian military has said that Russian and Chinese officials have asked for permission to inspect the U.S. spy drone that was recently downed by the Iranian Armed Forces, Nasimonline.ir reported on Wednesday.

www.tehrantimes.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

they keep changing how it was brought down, because they want to sound advanced. That's how you can tell it was probably just an error.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

uhh ohh.....

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
IT IS A FAKE ! ! ! Put all the pieces of information together. No way could we loose control of the drone. I do hope that the Iranians waste alot time & money on it. It will also leave a good trail of where & who trys to get info from this drone. FREEDOM IS NOT FREE, DO YOUR PART. BUT WITH HONOR !

edit on 8-12-2011 by UkieJohn because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2011 by UkieJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
China, Russia want to inspect downed U.S. drone

TEHRAN - An informed source in the Iranian military has said that Russian and Chinese officials have asked for permission to inspect the U.S. spy drone that was recently downed by the Iranian Armed Forces, Nasimonline.ir reported on Wednesday.

www.tehrantimes.com...

Iran might not be able to reverse engineer US technology, but if anyone could, Russia and China would be on the top of the list.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The US agrees it lost a drone that ended up crashing in Iran. The Iranians say they shot it down/ captured it. Thats not a consistant story. Both sides are making things sound as benificial to their story as possible. The US does not want to appear to be spying on Iran, nor does it want to appear to have lost valuable technology to either enemy fire or mechanical/software failure. The Iranians want to appear to be more capable than they are. They want to make the world believe that they brought down the most advanced Western technology. To make that claim more impressive they have fabricated this mock up to give the impression that they have captured this tech intact.
Its a gamble that they are taking, to some degree. Next week when Digital Global or some civilain sat company publishes the overheads of the actual crash site we will see a charred spot on the side of a mountain. We will know thats the most obvious result of a mechanical failure for an aircraft. The Iranians will still be able to claim that the sat images are fake and that their little toy plane is indeed the real drone.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Well Avation Week has something to say about it since it is few years old technology (atleast for US). However for someone like China & Iran and/or Russia, it might be a valualble cost savings from their R&D Budget.

LINK

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Sorry if I missed it, but how was it detected by Iran in the first place?

Can't imagine the US calling Iran to inform them that they had lost a stealth drone over there sky's and then ask them if they could please bring it down nice and gentle for them.

But hey, as Slayer pointed out, you can't be to sure with the bunch running things nowadays

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
This news report says they already said:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

I don't know...this looks similar.

I agree that the intake does look cheezy.

My question is...Don't these even have a Low-Jack in them??

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
This news report says they already said:

That's #ed up.

Is that even allowed? Or is it finders keepers?
edit on 8-12-2011 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dragoon01

Correction = The drone did"NOT" crash. It landed from 60,000 feet.... = Hummm????

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
A little bit better video here

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone1

Is that even allowed? Or is it finders keepers?
edit on 8-12-2011 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

The ISI sold what was left of the helicopter from the Bin Laden mission to China..............

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join