It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conan O'Brien just SEVERELY insulted Ron Paul

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
reply to post by ColeYounger

The mainstream media have pigeon holed Ron Paul as a psycho the last time he ran for president, the quote that put him over the edge was this...

The moderator asks Ron Paul,

"Are you suggesting we invited the 911 attacks sir?"

Ron Paul replies with,

"I'm suggesting that, we listen to the people who attacked us and the reason they did it"

youtube link

...and that is the essence of the American population.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I'm 19, and I watch quite a bit of talk shows and comedy. Conan funny? Not in a million years. The only way he would make people laugh is if he made fun of someone's mom for being in a wheel chair, and his idiotic audience would laugh in disbelief.

Nuff' said.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Why where you watching conan anyway? he sucks.

Ive stumbled across his program a few times in the past, and hes painfully unfunny.

I was almost embarassed for him.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Your analogy is still incomplete. Make it an 8-year-old if you like but don't forget to include the Jewish neighbor with the shotgun who keeps threatening to shoot him.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Meh. Conan is a washed-up has-been.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I am a big RP supporter, but this didn't phase me one bit. In fact i think its kind of funny that Conan made him out to be some kinda devil/demon because there wasn't any "real" material to use.

Conan does this every election season, he goes through the candidates makes "funny" ads using clips from some real ads. He did not just do this for RP, i saw another one for Newt that was just as not funny.

There is no such thing as bad publicity and this is really a good thing for RP. It gets his name out there to more people who may not have been paying attention.

You cant get all butt hurt over every little joke, even when its not funny. Save the energy for the important things.

DC

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Lampooning an image is what comedians do. You've seen Conan's "boss" Ted Turner on the stuff bison? Conan's audience is left leaning, they weren't going to vote for Ron Paul anywway and Conan knows it. Was that any more offensive than on his last show on NBC in NYC when he had Will Ferrell on doing GWB?

Comedians are SUPPOSED to go after the quirks of folks, it is their job.

Derek

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
We all know about the old saying..."any publicity is good publicity".....Ron Paul got some more free publicity. This will make many curious about him and what he is about....many will most likely do some digging on him and find out what his stances are on the issues.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Updated Working Youtube Link.: Most of you should really watch it before you go on commenting.

I do not think it helps him at all personally. And after many years of enjoying comedians, I really am no longer enjoying these issues being made fun of. The corruption,the greed,the manipulation, sry it just is NOT funny anymore. Any one else feel this way?

When the @#$% is sitting on your front doorstep most tend to wake the !@## up. Insert whatever words you would like.

Aesop

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

You've just had a knee jerk irrational emotional reaction to what is nothing more than a comedy bit. Conan doesn't do much, if anything, that is serious. His most popular characters are a cigar smoking dog and a self pleasuring bear for corn sake.

Plus you have to admit that Ron Paul plans on cutting A LOT of government programs if elected. I'm all for his stances on personal liberty but getting rid of the department of education, or federal help programs to help the less fortunate? Abolishing the Fed entirely and going back to a gold standard? Sure he's got decent foreign policy and wants personal liberty, but many of his other policies are way WAY out there and would probably damage America irreparably if actually implemented.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I have to be honest, I laughed when I saw the video. Didn't like the foamy mouth part, but I thought it was a funny parody. Do I like it when people make fun of Ron Paul? Hell no.. but you gotta have a sense of humor. Most politicians have been targets, not just Ron Paul. Besides... that parody made him seem even more bad-a$$!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Conan seems to me like the uber-teased nerdy kid who developed a biting wit, but was too scared to use it until he left high school for college.

Whenever I think of Conan--which isn't often--the following moment always comes to mind.

I bet it cracks Trump up when he watches it. Ron Paul just facepalms.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join