It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death on Wheels: Dutch to send mobile clinics to euthanise people in homes: (Good or Bad?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

The Dutch government is considering plans to use mobile medical teams which would administer euthanasia to people in their homes. The units, dubbed 'grim reapers on wheels' by critics, will be called in to kill patients when their own GPs (Doctors) refuse to administer lethal drugs. The mobile teams of doctors and nurses would be sent out from a clinic following a referral from the patient’s doctor.

Answer to questions from Christian Union MPs she said that mobile units 'for patients who meet the criteria for euthanasia but whose doctors are unwilling to carry it out' was worthy of consideration. If the patient thinks it desirable, the doctor can refer him or her to a mobile team or clinic.

In Holland, euthanasia is usually carried out by administering a strong sedative to put the patient in a coma, followed by a drug to stop breathing and cause death. To qualify, patients must convince two doctors they are making an informed choice in the face of unbearable suffering. It has long been suspected that numbers of cases are being under-reported, however, as doctors apply a liberal interpretation of the law. Earlier this year official figures revealed for the first time that doctors have been killing dementia sufferers, including Alzheimer’s victims

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk...

When I first saw this I thought what the heck is this.... ObamaCare Dream come true? A sign of the times and things to come for us in the US and around the world? Who in their right mind....? type of thoughts.

But as I did up the thread and thought about it I began to think this may actually be a good thing.... for many.

As I get older and I see my older friends and family pass away, I get to thinking... What about me? How will my life end?

By the time I was finished, I had changed my mind and thought: When it is time to go... or I can no longer substain a good quality of life- what a better way to go?

You can set the terms (in most cases). Take care of your things in a proper way, give a chance to see your love ones for the last time, get things in order. Because I/we are going to die. So, what better way then on your terms and in your own home. Not some clinic somewhere with a bunch of people who don't know you and may not provide the proper care as you pass on etc.

Of course, as you can see from the article, the list of potential canidates grows/expands. When does that stop?

I don't know about the end but I am sure liking the idea of leaving when I want to-how about you?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 12/7/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

This could be used as a coverup....to put people to death....for population reduction and other reasons.

I'm just saying.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Soylent Green without the nom-nom-nom.

Life is too beautiful to end. But that's just my wee opinion.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
If someone wants to die they have the god damn right to. Especially if they are in pain. What would you rather...die in a hospital with tubes and wires everywhere?....or in you're own home, in you're bed, with you're own cloths on...with maybe you're favorite music playing, with family close by?

Opinion: Good thing.

Of course this is only by choice of the coherent individual. No one can choose for you.

edit on 7-12-2011 by Vardoger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Thanks for bringing this info to the table. Personally, I'm all for assisted suicide. If someone's sick and they choose to end their life, then I don't see any problem with it. If I'm ever so sick I can't eat, bathe, use the toilet, and in excruciating pain, I hope I'm given the opportunity to make the decision to be euthenized and have it carried out in a humane and painless manner.

Currently, assisted suicide is legal in Oregon.

Here is a webpage listing all the places where it is legal.
www.assistedsuicide.org...

I'll still always feel that putting Kevorkian in prison was one of the worst mistakes in the history of our justice system.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I think I'll just leave this here....

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Areyoupeopleinsane

That is the EXACT thing I thought of when I read this.

I almost put that clip in.. too funny.

star!

top topics

join