It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why dont we hear about many haunted funeral homes?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
The other day I passed an old funeral home in town that has since been turned into a station for the local Ambulance company. I am in the process of applying for that company and I though man I would hate to be stationed there. It then occured to me that you dont hear many tales of haunted funeral homes. I mean I know there is one in new orleans and i believe another in conneticut but other than that you dont hear of many. I find this kind of strange seeing as how that is the last stop for most earthly remains so wouldnt it be a popular place for those that cannot let go of the earth realm to hang out? your thoughts or stories are welcome

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
People don't usually die in a funeral home.

If you believe in a spirit or soul that is separate from the body, then that soul has left the body before the body arrives at the funeral home.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Good question...
Maybe they travel to repeat their daily routine. There are quite a few residual hauntings. Which I still think may be intelligent hauntings but they are so deep in "Their" reality as opposed to ours, They just can't hear us or don't even know we exist.
And maybe some of them think We don't exist.
Denial runs deep.
There are Haunted cemeteries though so it's still a good question.
If you were dead and could travel, would you hang out in the Funeral Home or someplace your familiar with?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
there is a supposedly haunted old funeral parlor that was turned into a 3 plex in my neighborhood. It was a funeral parlor est. in the 50's, then until around 85 it was converted into an apartment complex for 3 families. there have been a lot of stories to come out of that place that an old man in a suit and tie can be seen walking the halls smiling at people. sounds to me like an old school funeral director who liked his job, and stuck around.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

I have a story for you

I was working a job installing an alarm system in a funeral home and was pulling cable through the roof and had to stop at one point as the cable got stuck and needed to be fed through by the other person helping me. There was a strange feeling while being in that place, and when i stopped crawling and waited for the cable to feed through my whole body started tingling and the hairs on the back of my neck stood still, my gut knotted up and the air felt really thick and cold and this overwhelming sadness engulfed me. Finally the cable started feeding through and i quickly moved on and got out of the roof. Later on while talking to the other guy he said where i was sitting was right above the cold storage area of all the bodies.
Freaked me the F out!! Absolutely hate funeral homes now the amount of sadness in the one spot was awful!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Same with cemetaries.
If it was about the location of the body, then you'd expect cemetaries to be MASSIVELY more haunted than they actually are. By a factor of a thousand or more.
If ghosts exist, I think its all about the place they knew when they were alive. (Or the place of traumatic death).

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Actually if you Google "haunted funeral homes" you'll get a couple of hits. I know the New Orleans Mortuary is supposedly "one of the most haunted buildings in the USA"... But then again they all say that, especially if they're making money out of it...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

hahahahah

You've just made my night.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Numb2itall

Good point. No sense going to the funeral home, or cremation place. I also don't see the sense with the graveyards. I'd rather visit my home and familiar places rather than a cold and unknown place where the mortal remains lie.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
It has more to do with how and where the people have died.

Hauntings are basically Dead People's ties to material belongings that they have difficulty leaving behind.

Since most of us didnt live and more importantly died in a funeral home itself would explain why their arent as many hauntings there.

But hauntings exist where people lived and died such as their homes and cemetaries where they were buried with personal items from their past as well as where their physical body was buried and laid to rest.

Peace

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by himalayanhermit

Good point. No sense going to the funeral home, or cremation place.

Now maybe if there is a good lookin female there then hey!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
There was a ghost adventures episode done in Seattle at some Irish pub that used to be a mortuary way back when..
The story is that the undertaker there was getting paid by the city or county for each body, which was during some epidemic, I think it was TB..
They had people on the payroll that were murdering transients for the price of their corpse...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I used to live two houses down from what was the old funeral home in town.
This is in Connecticut.
We used to play as kids in the house. Hide and seek.
It was VERY haunted.
The old undertaker used to live there AND take care of the bodies there.
There was a horse barn in back, with the old horse drawn hearses still there.
The old undertaker still haunts the place.
Turns out he's a dirty old man ghost.
He always bugs the ladies .. sitting on their beds at night and breathing heavy.
Makes you wonder what he did with the bodies before the funerals ...

TRUE STORY.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I agree with what a few have already mentioned, that the reason they aren't usually known for being haunted is because they are basically just temporary storage places for the used body, with the soul being gone long before the bodies arrive.

As for cemeteries, I think the fact that they are the permanent resting spot of the body with some of their cherished belongings (as someone else already posted) may also explain the hauntings there - since it draws the spirit back with the familiar items.

I'd be interested to hear any stories on bodies being treated badly at funeral homes and whether or not that can bring the person's spirit out to kind of get revenge on the wrongdoer. I feel like THAT would create a haunting.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Wow that is low, Just goes to show you that even back then there were some shady people runnin around.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

please do share some experienced with us this sounds like it culd be interesting.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by csuldm

I heard a story about a year and a half ago about a couple of mortuaries that had been doin such things. However I dont recall where or if there was any hauntings as a result.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JROCK2527

Originally posted by himalayanhermit

Good point. No sense going to the funeral home, or cremation place.

Now maybe if there is a good lookin female there then hey!

There are, it appears, quite a lot of people into 'that'. I read for example that the morgue assistants charged for access to Marilyn Monroe's body and there were a significant number of takers. I don't get it myself, but for some, a good lookin' female, is a good lookin' female, alive or dead.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I too have heard about some very morbid acts of funeral home directors kind of "looking the other way". It's sad to think that people would take advantage of people at their most vulnerable state (death).

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by csuldm

I too have heard about some very morbid acts of funeral home directors kind of "looking the other way". It's sad to think that people would take advantage of people at their most vulnerable state (death).

At least there is nobody 'at home' when it happens...I have heard of coma patients suffering similar violations.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join