It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why dont we hear about many haunted funeral homes?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles
People don't usually die in a funeral home.

If you believe in a spirit or soul that is separate from the body, then that soul has left the body before the body arrives at the funeral home.

Good point but I think if this person really looked into this, I'll bet they'd find that most are indeed haunted.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I have worked at a funeral home for years. Nothing odd to report after all of those years.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Why don't we hear about haunted funeral homes? Because it'd be too god# easy.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I work in EMS and one of our posts is actually a former funeral home. Some of my co workers claim to have had experiences while staying here, sleeping here as it is a 24 hr post. I can make a post sharing some stories if anyone is interested

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   
When a person dies, they are dead. They are not still alive. If they are brought back to life then they are alive and not dead.

Thus the idea that ghosts exist is stupid. A living dead.

Spirits, that is sentient living beings, were alive long before mankind. Some of those spirits have been imprisoned on earth by Jehovah God. They pretend to be "DEAD people."

Most people who are dead will be brought back to life in the future. But be rest assured that right now they are resting in sleep.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
In Tombstone AZ, inside the BirdCage theater is a horse-drawn hearse, behind the stage, in the back room. It was the town hearse, and the same one that held the bodies of some of Tombstone's finest.

There is a great deal of paranormal occurrences in there at or near that hearse.

I like the answer to the reason that there are few ghosts at funeral areas, because the soul/spirit has already departed from the body, however, perhaps some follow the body around for a while. These things have always intrigued me.

Did a lockdown in the BirdCage. That is one spooky, authentic place.
edit on 28-7-2018 by charlyv because: content

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: redletter

Thus the idea that ghosts exist is stupid.

Au Contraire.

In fact, the current acceptable not-yet-science is in the camp of multi-dimensional (multiverse) interactions that may be the root causes of ghosts, UFO, Angel and OOB phenomena. There is something there, we just do not know what it is yet.

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
a reply to: JROCK2527

I think it's all far more complicated than people pretend.

Nothing annoys me more than seeing the likes of Yvette Fielding or Zak Bagans claiming they'll "release" a spirit through some chanting, as if they're some kind of powerful Human who has a clue. It's so insanely arrogant it's beyond belief!

Personally, even though I have experienced things I would consider to be supernatural, I don't pretend to understand any of it. I do think about it often, but I'm not arrogant enough to think we can possibly grasp what it's all about.

For instance, if traumatic death results in spirits, where are all the ghost cows and ghost chickens, with millions upon millions of them slaughtered every month in traumatic ways? No one can explain this. It was as simple as traumatic death resulting in ghosts, where are all those animals?

And then, why are there so many reports of ghosts of those who actually didn't die in any traumatic way? Granny passing in her sleep and returning for someone to see doesn't fit this theory.

The one thing I do know is that we operate using electrical impulses, it's how our brains function. Also, energy cannot be destroyed, it simply transfers. So, when we die, where does this energy go? Presumably, it returns to a flowing system, throughout our reality. If this is the case, does a part of us go with it? Is there a "soul" (for want of a better word) which leaves the body with this energy?

Could it be that we are indeed "all one"?

I actually wonder if there's more than one phenomena in what we call hauntings or spirit manifestation. Could it be a combination of things like the recording theory, and some a genuine communication, while others a kind of crossing-over of dimensions, or even perhaps other forms of life in a spectrum we cannot see?

Our brains desperately try to make sense of things we perceive, and can get it wrong if there's no previous experience. Could it be that for a moment we are perceiving something out of our normal range of sight and sound, but our brains are forming a picture we will make more sense of?

We know we cannot see everything, like radio waves for example. How are we to know there aren't a million other forms of life out of our range of perception, occasionally seen but misunderstood?

Excellent posts.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JROCK2527
This goes on the assumption that the souls of dead people are the causes for hauntings. I think there are other beings out there who may mimic those who have departed, or we just misinterpret and assume that they are ghosts.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join