It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Stop this end thing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
It is driving me mad, it is driving everyone mad.

It never happens when people say and it only upsets people.

Could we please get back to living a life without thinking about the end? Because we just do not know, so stop worrying.

We are supposed to be living on this planet and learning lessons. Yes, this planet is school. Some of us never learn.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
This is ATS.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

appologies just had to
, PS its the doors preforming " this is the end " if you cannot access vids
edit on 7-12-2011 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

link   
While I entirely agree with what you're saying, I feel compelled to play devils advocate.

This is ATS, a conspiracy website, a place where people go to share ideas, thoughts, opinions, hypothesis, and to discuss science, facts, and evidence. In addition...you have the people who claim to have "feelings", or think they can predict things. You also have the self acclaimed researchers and experts who supposedly have studied extensively on their claims, and subject.

Humans in general are curious creatures, what will end it all is an interesting topic to most, and the meer uncertainty of how it will end has baffled many for many years. It's not going away anytime soon, and I can assure you that despite the fact that 2012 may come and go, the predictions of a future date will always be present.

Best bet friend, simply ignore the prophecies and predictions forum, that's where they are. Simply don't read into it if you don't believe it.

link   

I hear you, in fact ill shake your hand for posting this thread...

Oops!

edit on 7-12-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

I tend to agree with Shed Alert, this is ATS, doom and gloom and end of the world SHTF scenarios come with the territory. I mean we've got a site full of, no offense, paranoid conspiracy theorists with only a certain percentage of reasonable normal people and skeptics to act as a voice of reason. I'm hoping that after 2012 some of the end of the world stuff will die down, at least until we figure out a new year in the not-so-distant future to wrongfully assume as the long predicted apocalypse.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
OK, so lets worry ourselves to death.

Maybe a nice alien will save you.

Oh, and the alien will have to have sources, quotes and absolute proof.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Think you're missing the point there mate.

The doomsdayers have every right to assert their claims that the end is coming just as much as you and I have the right to declare that the end is not coming, and that no one knows when.

There's a side to every discussion, and every debater needs to be able to respect the other side.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Ah, where's the fun in life if you have to be normal.
But the "world's going to end on..." threads every other day do tend to get a little...much.
Maybe we should have an ATS No End of the World posting week (or day) where we are not allowed to post end of the world threads unless the world is actually ending at that moment.
PS: That was one epic handshake. Although it looked like they were trying to arm wrestle isn't of shaking hands. Hmmm...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilsrule

Should be a more appropriate level of handshake and epic-ness now.

edit on 7-12-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Yes,

This is a conspiracy website.

But I am getting tired of the negatives.

What about the positives - like Jesus?

Wow - He is a great positive topic.

But as usual no-one cares. Ouch, not for me, for you.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
Yes,

This is a conspiracy website.

But I am getting tired of the negatives.

I think a lot of people forget that ATS does not delete threads, just because a topic may not get the attention you think it should, does not mean that people are not reading it or that people will not come across it in the future.

Take a break from the boards if your feeling the negativity.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

I'm sure you can find a forum other than ATS that's filled with info about him, like others said this is a conspiracy website, so you won't be able to change the theme to Jesus.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

As it's been said, you can't change the theme of the site. That is what these people are interested in, it's what people feel is important to them. They aren't like others that are also on the board. There are literally hundreds, potentially thousands of different topics on ATS, and I can assure you that doom and gloom do not entail half of them. I'd encourage you to take a gander into the Religous Forums if you're looking for talks in regards to Jesus.

What I will say however, is that people do not express religion as they should, at least from a Christian standpoint on ATS, and I can see why, due to the fear of being given funny looks or the like, there are a few who get up and around that, but from what I've seen many don't, and quite frankly the atmosphere certainly doesn't scream that, but that's the price you pay for being on a conspiracy website.

Have a good look around ATS before saying that there are too many doom and gloom topics though, you can't just go by what's on the front page.

top topics

join