It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cannonball misfires by "MythBusters" TV crew

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

DUBLIN, Calif. — An East Dublin family is no doubt still stunned by a cannonball blast that hit their home. The TV show "MythBusters" was firing cannonball at the Alameda County Sheriff's Department bomb range behind the Santa Rita Jail on Tuesday when it misfired.

I wonder how long it's going to be before on of these idiots kill someone or themselves?

These type of shows continue to keep trying to top each other.

What's next?

Sheriff's spokesman J.D. Nelson told the Contra Costa Times ( http://(link tracking not allowed)/umCZnD ) that no one was injured and the home's residents didn't even wake up until the dust was settled - literally on top of them. After tearing through the home, the cannonball smashed through a window of a parked minivan a few hundred feet away.

The Cops would of probably arrested them...But it happened at their own bomb range.

Nelson is also a consultant for the Discovery Channel TV show. He says producers have used the cannon that they built at the range more than 50 times without incident.

Well Sir....You really only have to blow yourself up one time.

Sheesh...

Story

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This gave me a real laugh and I'm glad nobody was hurt. I enjoy their shows and they do put on a good one. It seems the best laid plans of mice and men do go awry. I'm sure they will be well compensated for their damages. My best,

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I can just see it "ummmm hmmmmm........... oops, our bad, it won't happen again"

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

I will admit to hating their TV shows with a passion but thats not why I replied.

Is it just me or would you not expect a Sheriff's Department to have a shooting range rather than a bomb range? I mean, do they equip LEO's with bombs these days as society has become so violent and all? It just strikes me (no pun intended) as odd, very odd.

Oh and er...I hope the family sues for every penny they can get.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Actually some departments have bomb disposal areas where they can take a bomb that might be a bit to big to detonate in a neighborhood.
HOWEVER...
There is a huge difference between a "stationary" bomb and a CANNON.
If they are to test cannons or bombs, maybe they should take a trip to the mojave, there are miles and miles and miles...Etc., where the only thing to be hurt is a..... well there is nothing.
But things like this are good advertisement, remember any press is good press.
edit on 7-12-2011 by g146541 because: spelllcheck is working now

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Thanks for clarifying. I guess I just expected bombs and other things that go bang to be handled by a totally separate unit like anti-terrorism or bomb-disposal but maybe I watch too many movies.
Its not a career I would pick, good press or otherwise but then I'm clumsy and forgetful.

"Now was it the blue wire or the red wire I was supposed to cut? Hmm...."

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Wait, the bomb range is only 700ft from houses? Awfully close. Don't they have deserts out there to blow stuff up in?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ookie

It was a Bomb Range.

I thought it was a little too close as well.

You would think if you are firing a cannon.

You should probably get a little further out of town.

I saw some pictures on the news...I guess it happened.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
8 years and this is the only incident.

I love this show.

*SNIP happens.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

And, of course, cut to a shot of Adam looking through the hole in the house:

"Well, there's your problem."

new topics

top topics