It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Christians eat pork ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
reply to post by jerryznv

Does this logic mean that the Ten Commandments don't count either?

Find one of the ten commandments that Jesus didn't advocate in some shape or form.

Let me help you: it's the sabbath day commandment. That's it.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

I do not personally eat any type of pig and not for religious reasons but humane reasons. After reading your post with all the various dos and dont's I have to laugh. I have been brought up Christian but these type of things make me question even more about the authenticity of any religion. I am truly starting to believe the whole religious shenanigans is bogus. There is a God but he is disappointed in us all. Never cutting your hair??? Yeah right.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by isyeye
reply to post by jerryznv

Does this logic mean that the Ten Commandments don't count either?

Please actually read the link I posted above.

The Old or Mosaic Covenant is a legal or works covenant that God made with Israel on Mount Sinai. This covenant is brought to an end and is fulfilled at the cross. It was never intended to save people, but instead its purpose was to increase sin and guilt until the coming of the Savior. Israel, under the Mosaic Covenant, was the physical fulfillment of the Abrahamic Covenant.

Thus, the New Covenant is a gracious covenant. Those included in the covenant are reconciled to God by grace alone apart from anything they do. Jesus purchased a people by His death on the cross so that all those for whom He died receive full forgiveness of sins and become incurable God-lovers by the Holy Spirit.

So the "Ten Commandments" do not stand any longer (for Christians)(as originally conceived), they were superseded. Jesus died on the cross for the people's sins and therefore forgiveness is given through grace no matter how sinful you are.

I am not religious or anything but it is important to investigate these things you know?
edit on 6-12-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimalRed

Okay.......................And your take on Christian's regarding pork is?

Was it me, just me! cause that reply was meaningless

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It tastes so damn good !
Ham
Bacon
Pork roast
Cracklin
Sausages
Pork scratchings/rinds
Black pudding

But as some one already said the most likely explanation was some of the pagan traditions merging with a growing Christian faith
Example how many states / houses / territories in northern Europe had a boar as its coat of arms / symbol
Picture it
Convert to our religion - but erm - your family crease that's a no no
Well I mean come on, it walks around in it's own poo quite happy

Now I've gone about ahem .. Native before and heard rumours that pigs had been used as - well there tongues as toilet roll - yes the toilet/bench built above a pig enclosure - do yer jobbie - pig licks you clean
I'm gonna have a look into this and possibly post back
lol just inspired a poke

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

You heathen!

25 years of eating bacon says that book the bible and the others are wrong

I confirmed that with my taste buds.
You ever see chickens eat spit?
Spit and watch it eat it. Is that unclean?

If there is one God in this equation, it's Bacon.

You know if they gave out bacon flavoured hosts in church, I'd still go for communion

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Why does an agnostic (me) have to point this out??

This is from Acts 10, starting in verse :9;

"On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh to the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:
10 And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,
11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending to him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:
12 Wherein were all manner of four footed beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.
14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
15 And the voice [spoke] to him again the second time, What God has cleansed, [that] call not you common.
16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

Luke wrote Acts, and not Paul, for those that will likely claim that...

edit on 12/6/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: added bold

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Christians do many things that are not permitted per the old testament.

Pork was forbidden because of trichinosis.

That was not understood back in the day so most religions banned it as unclean.

Do some homework.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Well that didn't take long - bloody knew it
Still atleast they don't do that where I get my little piggies

But does make you think - these things will eat anything - seen one do a bacon sandwich once !

So imagine that - yeah your family arms licks our asses - please join us

But they do taste good !

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Australiana
reply to post by satron

I do not personally eat any type of pig and not for religious reasons but humane reasons. After reading your post with all the various dos and dont's I have to laugh. I have been brought up Christian but these type of things make me question even more about the authenticity of any religion. I am truly starting to believe the whole religious shenanigans is bogus. There is a God but he is disappointed in us all. Never cutting your hair??? Yeah right.

It's obviously an attempt to help people lead a better healthier lifestyle, but when you take into account the rest of what is said, it doesn't really help out the cause.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

This is from Acts 10, starting in verse :9;

11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending to him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:

16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

Nice find!
Did you notice this sounds like a UFO came down and the aliens told him all of this?
Just a nice little "Ancient Aliens" application I noticed.
Great work on bringing Acts 10 into the foray.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Jesus certainly didn't eat pig. The bible prohibits it's consumption, and yet most Christian eat it.

Did Jesus carry a bible around with him?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Poke Chop SamSammich
Amen

ZZ top are NOT sinners....right???

Smoke em if u got em...ha ha ha

edit on 6-12-2011 by Zeptepi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Luke wrote Acts, and not Paul, for those that will likely claim that...

Luke the Evangelist was a follower and disciple of Saul of Tarsus (Apostle Paul). Paul's ideology was the foundation of Luke's understanding of Jesus. Therefore, it is even more evident to cite the Paulian doctrine versus the Christian doctrine.

Why does a spiritualist (me) have to point this out??

Peace and Love

edit on 12/6/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

If you look at the Old Testament laws they were designed to keep Israel healthy. Pork, Seafood without scales and the other things they were told not to eat are all well known to carry parasites that when undercooked are deadly.

When Jesus came he was coming to change the law to one of Faith and Grace. If one understands this new law of Faith and Grace one would understand that the new law is love. Since nothing that you eat can make you a bad person all food should be acceptable. Any of the Levitical laws that do not lead to loving your neighbor or enemy no longer have purpose.

As for the debate on the 10 commandments, they have not gone away, their usefulness has been fulfilled. The commandments were given to teach us what sin is. Now that we know for certain what sin is we realize that if we choose to love and do God’s will than we will not break the commandments even though we technically are not following them.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I am Christian and the fat ass preacher never said not to eat pork in Church sermons., bacon is now a habit, so STFU

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

NCT is in contrast with other views on Biblical law in that most other do not believe the Ten Commandments and Divine laws of the Old Covenant have been cancelled
reply to post by muzzleflash

From this quote from your link, I would think that whether the old laws were cancelled or not is still open for debate.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Jesus Christ said in Matthew that He came to uphold the law, not abolish it.
There is no old or new law

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Christians do many things that are not permitted per the old testament.

Pork was forbidden because of trichinosis.

That was not understood back in the day so most religions banned it as unclean.

Do some homework.

Sadly. there are millions (if not billions) of religious people out there thinking it was all because the magical man in the sky told them not to.

And we wonder why the world is a strange place...

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join