It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Could Get Kill-Switch for Cell Phones

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
They already have a kill switch in place for the phone and your Internet. Think about this for a moment as most phones run off of IP's addresses and are digital. Look at people that had the old bag phones as they would work when others would not. Now is a way to control what you watch with the “new” digital HD televisions and also has a switch. Analog equipment cannot be controlled this way as there is a way using notch filters and other various old time idea's that still work, talk to a ham operator to learn more. So in truth the legislation for a law is plain crap if you were to buy into that type of thinking because they have a switch in place as I type. It is called "Digital".

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Maybe its a way of angry mob control, but I doubt they will kill it entirely,
as some1 may need to make a 911 call.

A 911 call to whom? From the sound of the theory, all the cops are going to be tied up rounding up cell phone users and taking away their cameras. Who's left to respond to 911 calls?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

They should turn up the music really loud, or use acoustic pain generators to clear the building.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
In some countries they use high frequency generators to keep kids away from the store fronts,since 24 and younger can hear 18khz to 22khz it makes it very hard to stand near stores and hang out.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Wow, imagine if everyone lost their cell-phones at once! I know lots of people who say they can't even go a day without their phone! So imagine the millions of Americans helpless, confused, and ticked off because their cell phone cant work. Man am i glad that i stil have my beeper!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join