It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Could Get Kill-Switch for Cell Phones

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Pity we can't get a kill switch for the government?

/sigh

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatGuy45
reply to post by Expat888

Im curious: how can they 'legally' confiscate your image capturing device? what new BS bill is that under?

Thats 2nd amendment - right?

you cant be that dense.. in a totalitarian state you have NO RIGHTS.
the state and its minions can and will do anything to you they like.

read up on life in nazi germany, east germany, soviet era russia .. if you can find his books read up on alexander solzenhytzins life in the soviet union it will give you a very good idea what life in america will be like before long.

have also travelled in totalitarian / police states in past and seen firsthand what they do to those who dissent or break the laws..

men with guns make the rules in totalitarian regimes.
argue and they will kill you without a second thought. to survive you need to keep your wits and choose your battles wisely, trust no one.

2nd amendment is separate thats the right to keep and bear arms.
If you do then you best be wise enough to know when and when not to use them along with able to without hesitation in event you ever have to.

Life in a totalitarian state isnt pretty its cold, harsh and brutal. There are NO RIGHTS in a totalitarian state period.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Im curious: how can they 'legally' confiscate your image capturing device? what new BS bill is that under?

Thats 2nd amendment - right?

Legally? Are you joking? Just when was the last time that they cared about how legal anything they done was? Legal is anything they say it is. It is really our own fault. We let this go to far and we may not be able to stop it now. Oh, how I so much want off this planet.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Well thank you for that info.

I will try to contain my temper but:

They can pry that s**t from my cold dead hands! Nobody will take sh** from me without a fight to the death, whether its my death or theres is irrelevant. Its a good thing I have guns so I can make some sort of stand. Will I beat them - obviously not; will it make a difference - probably not; do I care - NO! its all about the point! I will go down very violently. NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY will control me forcibly. And to try to use death as a threat is a joke! Death is the only true freedom. Fighting for what you believe in- yea thats true purpose. Take my camera and see how fast I have your throat! They want the masses to be weak little sheeple but if you stand up for yourself -hahaha oh thats when it gets fun. so they use death as a scare tactic. but when they see that look in ones eye: that look of sincere believe/desire/ will power that wont give up- yea, bring it on.

ahhh i feel better. Remember people - you always have a choice; ALWAYS

Edit: kill or be killed in that situation - be ruthless and the point gets across. You either fight to be free or die trying
edit on 6/12/11 by ThatGuy45 because: Rant must continue

edit on 6/12/11 by ThatGuy45 because: still ranting

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
When there's a will there's a way. (Off-the-shelf consumer-grade products for the win! It's funny how much "spy tech" is becoming commonplace and in civilian hands now.)

Micro-SD cards are small enough to fit in a pill capsule which can be swallowed. I'm sure sooner or later, somebody will make one that can't be digested for that purpose. With a regular SD-card adapter, Micro-SDs can go into a camera - so the format difference isn't a much of a hurdle either.

"Hi officer... You want the memory card? What memory card?"

BTW, carry a dummy memory card to turn over just in case. They just *might* want to keep you in custody for a stool sample.

Sure it takes a little longer, than uploading right away via a network. And of course you have to remember not to flush and putting up with the ewww factor to recover your data. Depends on what somebody is willing to go through to get such news out. If you're risking getting bonked, pepper-sprayed, or jailed, to get protest footage - then other indignities shouldn't be too big a deal.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Pity we can't get a kill switch for the government?

/sigh

no kidding

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

A couple months ago everyone with a particular (well I think it was all iphone users) had zero service for like 30 min. I considered what a nationwide test of a system like that would look like..

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
nothing new there... the u.s government does what it wants to and holds itself above the law..

Considering they demonstrated this ability and much, much more on the morning of 9/11, this is old news and a lie combined.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I see a lot of postering and some of the same tired rhetoric here again without any common sense being used. Ao much talk with no action. Maybe something like what people are saying will happen one day who knows. It is usualy the same people moaning and complaining that you would never see voteing. If everyone who had complaints actually voted or wrote there represetitives it would never get this far, Ranting is just easyier for them.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
The intent, here, is not to censor what happens in "real life."

Contrary to popular belief, there is not a government agency out there that trains people to believe they can act how they want to and confiscate recording devices. The training 'we' get pretty much boils down to: "expect whatever you do to be on someone's camera, and to be on the afternoon news if you #ed it up."

The intent of this is to enable law enforcement to throttle cellular phone connections in specific areas to make it more difficult for these flash-mobs to then call their friends to join the party and/or organize to move against police.

I understand why they would want to do it. Mobs of people running around with an ad-hoc JTIDS is not going to be a good thing if they start getting violent. I'm a realist - I don't buy into this "police are bad and evil and mobs are good" line of thinking. Any time you have a bunch of assholes going around and tearing things/people up, it's unacceptable. The police have a job to do, and a mob capable of organizing to -kill- them is quite dangerous.

I also don't like the idea, because I believe in keeping the government out of such things. We have systems capable of jamming cell phone communications, and should employ them if the situation necessitates their deployment.

So, I don't really see it as necessary for the stated purpose. Though, again, i do understand why they would want to (legitimately - not just as another grab for power... which can be one's motivation for anything).

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

You either fight to be free or die trying

I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments. I have a small issue with this last sentence, and it's only philosophical, really.

I don't believe you will have "died trying" - If you die fighting you died DOING. You weren't TRYING to be free, you died free - after having lived free, as evidenced by the will to fight.

Always remember, you can never enslave a free man - the most you can do is kill him.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I love this government...they continually behave like a child hitting a beehive with a stick...yet, the bees are too sedated to come out to sting it to death.

yet.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
They always could have. The EMERGENCY BROADCAST SYSTEM will overide the airways...and cell towers. At least, in America.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
thus should be a wake up call for people To stop relying so much of technology....yes I like You spend a lot of time in the internet..but I also get out and practice wild crafting, just inspires me to get a CB radio...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

You either fight to be free or die trying

I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments. I have a small issue with this last sentence, and it's only philosophical, really.

I don't believe you will have "died trying" - If you die fighting you died DOING. You weren't TRYING to be free, you died free - after having lived free, as evidenced by the will to fight.

Always remember, you can never enslave a free man - the most you can do is kill him.

Thank you very much, this post just help to make my morning better. And I agree with you, tho I never saw it that way. So thank you again.

Die free

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I say we one-up them and install a "government kill switch".

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Maybe its a way of angry mob control, but I doubt they will kill it entirely,
as some1 may need to make a 911 call.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

This is truly a bizarre year. When will it stop? These people in power are moving too fast for the people to not feel the change, things are getting ugly, wait for it...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

I'm sure they will. Freedom is achieved through a struggle. Same way we (my American brothers and sisters) get our freedom back, we fight for it. RAWR!

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

I say we one-up them and install a "government kill switch".

It's called the Militia. The more organized ones tend to consolidate under regional 'head' militias - such as the Missouri Militia.

Many in these groups are former military, with most of them training in a very similar manner to the various Special Warfare commands. They may or may not be on as intense of a physical exercise routine - but they pack the same knowledge, training, and set up exercises in much the same fashion.

They often have some influential ties both within the military and politics.... and 'live for the day' when they can justify using those skills and training to bring down an enemy - be it the government (tends to be a common theme among the members) or a foreign force (in which case - they'll more than happily fight alongside the military).

Operations like taking out political leaders, to include the President, are well within their operational capability. They are likely better poised to do it than any other armed force on the planet.

Of course - one must think carefully before doing something like that. Destruction is easy. Creation and/or construction is not. You don't want to be standing over a room full of your nation's dead leaders and only then be struck with the question: "Now what?"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join