It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Christians ever sought to conquer the World for Christianity ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Dear KJV1611,

It seems to me that neither one of us is understanding the other. Of course, the misunderstanding may be all mine, but we are not communicating for whatever reason.

Thank you,

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I don't mean to offend you if you are, but this is a debate and I hold no punches in regards to religion or the Holy Bible of 1611. Catholics are not bad people, most are very nice and kind and think they are doing right. But doing right isn't good enough for God...it never has been. The religion of Babylon (Catholicism) plus all the Popes, Jesuits, Cardinals etc. are what I HATE, and it makes me heated when talking about them. (yes...Hate, and anger)

Sorry if this conversation took a personal tone, but I am only mad at the religion in question, not you.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
KJV1611,

Truly, I am not offended. This has been, as far as I can tell, simply two people dancing, but one was doing a waltz, the other, a tango.

I appreciate that you hold no punches in a debate, but you see, I throw no punches, and I didn't see it as a debate. I only wanted to explore your ideas and learn from them. I didn't have a set position to defend. Hey, who knows? Maybe the KJ is the best translation, I didn't know when I started this.

What I was looking for in this, and in all other ATS discussions I enter in to, is a guide pointing out what they know, and not an adversary.

So again, I'm not offended nor bare you any ill-will, we were just going in different directions.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
reply to post by mikejohnson2006

The fundamental difference is that Christianity is a religion.
Islam is not merely a religion, it is a religious-political system. Christianity is not. Islam has a concept called "Dar-Al-Islam" (Extent of Islam) which basically states that the world belongs to Allah, and furthering the cause of Islam can be justified either by the sword (gaining political ground) or by conversion.

In Christianity, no such interest exists.

Where the Crusades are concerned, be careful with accepting the PC story that Crusade=evil, because it's just not that black and white.

I'm not suggesting that the Crusades and/or Crusaders were without fault (I don't think anyone can logically argue that - there were certainly atrocities committed), but the reason behind the Crusades was to reclaim and/or liberate the Holy Land from the grip of Islam. It's important to note, though, that this wasn't because of some great Biblical command to conquer the world, but because the Catholic Church saw the spread of Islam throughout the Middle East and into Europe, and saw that (political, religious and military) invasion as a threat - and sought to push it back... which ultimately they did... even if only for a time.

So the Crusades are a reflection of the church becoming a political entity (which it never should have been), and not because the Bible, or Christ, teach a form of Christian militarism. Neither do.

All that aside...
seperate Islam and Christanity out not according to history, but according to text and you'll have your answer. Islam mandates the establishment of a global Caliphate. Christianity doesn't seek to do any such thing. Jesus taught His disciples to go into the world and preach, not conquer.

hope that helps.

edit on 6-12-2011 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

You have to thank modern government and nations for that. Remember Manifest destiny? The sole reason USA exist was because of racist christian genocide.

Just imagine if USA didn't have a constitution; we would be burning witches and manifest destiny around the world.

Religion are no good for modern society.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mikejohnson2006

Islam compels its believers to kill non-believers and there isnt seperation between church and state -now I know MOST Moslems arent out to kill everybody-just like ALL Christians dont agree with the Inquisition where the church was burning "witches" and "heretics"-so line their pockets because if you were executed your property went to the church. There were the Crusades of course but in Christianity they dont tell you to kill the non-believers

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
True Christianity ... in reverse perhaps...

"...he that is greatest among you shall be your servant." Matthew 23:11

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Don't lump Christianity into the same box as Catholics where the Papacy is given its seat of power on the earth by Satan (the dragon, ala Revelation 13 Beast of the Sea). Don't call Christian's out for world domination when such wars against Islam is carried out by the Satanic Skull and Bones President Bush and Luciferian 33 degree Freemason Obama and the behest of the Vatican.

Needless to say that the Koran was written by automatic writing through demonic possession (see some Keith Thompson articles and videos on this) and Muhammad said that if anything he said was a false that God would kill him be severing his aorta to his heart. When Muhammad died, how did he described what he felt was happening to him despite being poisoned by a lamb from a Jewish woman? He told those around him that he felt like God was severing his aorta!!!

The illuminati and Jesuits are rubbing Islam who they control up against their enemy the Christians. Thesis and anti-thesis. amazingdiscoveries.tv...
edit on 8-1-2012 by JesuitGarlic because: spelling mistakes

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikejohnson2006
The reason I want to know is because the Neocon Right Wingers always tell me that the Islamists desire to conquer the World for Islam but don't all Religions do this ? Why just pick on Islam ? When Christians started the Crusades in the name of Christianity to conquer Palestine. I think Islamist Terrorism is caused by U.S. Foreign Policy rather then their desire for Empire Christians have had Christian Empires.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 6-12-2011 by Maxmars because: spelling correction

I agree with what you are saying and I think before we can answer the quesiton which forms the title of this thread, we need to ask an even more interesting and perplexing question; What is Christianity?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelsherlock

You know i ask my self that question and i did a few google searchs and apparently the word christianity isnt even mentioned in the bible. Just christians in Acts 11:26 and I Peter 4:16. I also wonder why i see so many of my fellow christians saying you need to go to church to be saved. But ive been doing some searchs and i cant seem to find any scriptures that say you need to go to church.

Also when i did go to church pastors would say people who didnt go to church were sinning but they also never provided any scriptures to show they were right. Also most christians seem to never follow the simpe rule of Luke 6:37
Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven.

If any thing it seems to me that the christian religion has been perverted by man for there own means. Ive also heard stories that around the time of the crusades people didnt know how to read or write? would exsplain why so many people were commiting sins against god for the glory of the pope.

I also wonder about some of those scriptures in the bible like

Death for Adultery
If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. Leviticus 20:10

But david commited adultery and techinily murder when he slept with bathsheba and ordered his armies to leave her husband one of his generals to die. But God didnt put him or her to death.

So it makes me wonder if some of the scriptures were changed to lead people astray.

Anyway thats my take on it. Sorry for the bad grammar and spelling mistakes.

edit on 31-1-2012 by vaelamin because: A couple of words left out

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join