It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Did The Ancients Go?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

but what about the lack of evidence for this scenario? Are we talking made up fantasy or reality here?

I suppose it could go either way, to answer your last question honestly. I haven't put a great deal of research into this topic myself, admittedly, it's one of those side things that's always interested me. As far as evidence for the age of the pyramids and the sphinx, I know it's disputed but seems somewhat solid - with the weathering on the sphinx appearing to be from water and the pyramids only having a connection to the reign of Khufu on what I consider to be the flimsiest of grounds (likely well predating him as the evidence for it seems to be, frankly...fraudulent).

Coupling the erosion with the supposed star alignments in the layout, a creation date of 10,500BC seems reasonable, although from what little bit I've read, the pyramids themselves may have come later and just been organized as such to reference that time.

Now Praetorius you've been around here long enough to know that is not true are you saying you've never read any of the threads on these subjects before?

hah...apparently so, and my apologies for missing it. Might you be able to direct me to the ones you're referring to or related information outside of ATS as trying to sift through to find these is otherwise impossible with the mountain of information both here & there and the few arguments I've seen otherwise being equally shouted down by the opposition?

Much appreciated, and I'll gladly look into it if you can point me in the direction of something solid to nail these views down.

(and a PS, I almost didn't catch your responses...not sure if opening a new tab/window for response and copying the header prior to combining multiple-poster responses into one post would have flagged me the response notice? May want to just do separate response posts in future otherwise to be sure your responses are followed up on.)

Good night!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrNaM3nT
reply to post by TheMindWar

Those who constructed the pyramids in Egypt were not humans , I can tell you that . In between the rocks of the pyramds you can't fit a paper , that's how well those rocks are binded to each other . Also , at that time the people couldnt lift such massive rocks to build the pyramids .

You're right about the paper, because there's mortar in the way.

Also found "between the rocks" are hieroglyphic writings. So deep between stones in a couple of relieving chambers (which have no morter and the stones in some places in those chambers have gaps between them of 2 or 3 inches,) that they had to have been written on the stones before they were put in place.

Hieroglyphics - the written language of the Egyptians.

The Egyptians were humans. Deal with it.

Harte

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

Howdy Praetorius

I suppose it could go either way, to answer your last question honestly. I haven't put a great deal of research into this topic myself, admittedly, it's one of those side things that's always interested me. As far as evidence for the age of the pyramids and the sphinx, I know it's disputed but seems somewhat solid - with the weathering on the sphinx appearing to be from water and the pyramids only having a connection to the reign of Khufu on what I consider to be the flimsiest of grounds (likely well predating him as the evidence for it seems to be, frankly...fraudulent).

The Sphinx might be a bit older but then one has to figure out where and why the stone taken from the Sphinx quarry were used to build an old king style temple. Khufu is well dated and is not considered to be in dispute that is purely a fringe belief. I think you will find that the 'fraud' involved was that of Stitchin who made up the baseless allegations.

Coupling the erosion with the supposed star alignments in the layout, a creation date of 10,500BC seems reasonable, although from what little bit I've read, the pyramids themselves may have come later and just been organized as such to reference that time.

Unreasonable; as we have evidence of predynastic and old king materials on Giza and nothing earlier. We have studies of the neolithic inhabitants of the Nile valley and they have nowhere near the culture or organization to build anything like Giza or its predeccesors

Now Praetorius you've been around here long enough to know that is not true are you saying you've never read any of the threads on these subjects before?

Firstly I mistook you for someone else whose name is spelled similarly; my apologies!

hah...apparently so, and my apologies for missing it. Might you be able to direct me to the ones you're referring to or related information outside of ATS as trying to sift through to find these is otherwise impossible with the mountain of information both here & there and the few arguments I've seen otherwise being equally shouted down by the opposition?

Its a popular theme and there are dozens of them; put the phrase 'ancient nuclear war' in the search function and they'll point you to lots of them. The ones in this forum are probably better as the ones in the UFO forum tend to concentrate on the aliens instead of the archaeology. Good luck

edit on 6/12/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

All of your reasons are good possibilities,but how about you think about it this way. Someone or some people come to a land with great technological abilities, they build a series of factories and a community around it. Once these factories and communities are up and working, and people are fully trained in running and maintaining it, the builders,architects and creators leave. bit by bit the ancients are forgotten.
Now where and how they left is another question all together.
that depends on where they came from, if they came from anywhere at all.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

And to further add,there is one small ingredient that everyone fails understand and that is, that not only the pharaohs and or the gods, had the extra ability to move within time itself, there by putting all the assumptions made, in to the speculative basket, of when they were there and when they were not or indeed for how long

Bulla joiner of dots

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Recent discoveries have shown us that pyramid structures exist right across the planet, spanning across oceans. China, South America, Asia, indeed everywhere. The fact that all these civilizations built to the same or similar blueprints is mind boggling enough, but the one thing that really bothers me is, where they went, what happened to these peoples?

Okay... three things:
* they were built at very different times (thousands of years apart)
* they all had precursor structures (pyramids didn't just suddenly appear... and they're not that hard to make) and the pyramids are all VERY different.
* genetics is a common method for tracking populations

So if you look at the bones and genetics and the history, you'll find that their descendants are still living in these same places. They didn't go anywhere. They merged with other people, transmitted technology and language and culture, and some of them went to strange places. But their descendants are still living around these structures.

The civilizations didn't just collapse and vanish in an instant. Most of them declined over a long period of time (Egypt started falling apart for the third time around 800 BC, for instance) and many merged with the conquerers' civilizations (Egypt and Greece, then Hellenic Egypt with Rome, as an example.)

At the top of the forum I pinned some good resources and references (free stuff)... you might enjoy reading some of that. No videos, though.. Videos don't allow you to see how things are spelled and to stop and examine a statement carefully.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Recent discoveries have shown us that pyramid structures exist right across the planet, spanning across oceans. China, South America, Asia, indeed everywhere. The fact that all these civilizations built to the same or similar blueprints is mind boggling enough, but the one thing that really bothers me is, where they went, what happened to these peoples?

Okay... three things:
* they were built at very different times (thousands of years apart)
* they all had precursor structures (pyramids didn't just suddenly appear... and they're not that hard to make) and the pyramids are all VERY different.
* genetics is a common method for tracking populations

Byrd,

I've got a shorter and more complete answer to the question "where did the ancients go?"

They died. That's where they went. Ancient means old. People don't live to be thousands of years old!

Harte

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Byrd,

I've got a shorter and more complete answer to the question "where did the ancients go?"

They died. That's where they went. Ancient means old. People don't live to be thousands of years old!

Harte

One of the strenghts of human culture is its ability to rebuild itself while it constantly dies off; one reason for a surge in scientific knowledge in the last few hundred years is that people have lived long enough to gain a mastery of a subject - and were able to pass it on. By slowly down the 'replacement rate' we've been able do more.

Dead Sumerians - quite the idea Harte perhaps you should add that the reason they died was because they drank water, and as we all know, 100% of the people who drink water, die.
edit on 7/12/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by frenzy4444

Where do you get your information from? I would like to read some of the information you provided, specifically regarding the reptilian race that were descended from dinosaurs and how many generations humans have lived? I always heard we were in our fourth generation, 7 is new to me.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by frenzy4444
Offcourse there are freaks which have distorted his name and have done attrocities in his name, those people deserve to be punished. There is no real good or bad in the higher dimensions just oneness.

How can those two sentences be reconciled?

I'm sorry, but what a load of wishy-washy new age fluff.
Did you even read over what you wrote?

There is no record, none , of what you speak; yet we have a record of the Permian-Triassic Mass Extinction (The Great Dying) and many other extinction events, but none of these various 'ages of man'.

I don't buy your thesis (loosely-termed).

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
For the very reason you will never find any bodies in pyramids, they are not built as toms, they have a precise albeit not yet understood scientific reason for there existence, which for reasons that shall remain hidden, that science will not approach the pyramid technology , but the time is looming where they will be forced into capitulation

see bulla and the rose and the snakes , which may enlighten you

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

To this, you leave me in no doubts as to your logic byrd , please go back to your Spock avatar, so that I can put the logic of the argument to you

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Good thread and one that's rarely discussed on ATS.

What happened to the Gods?

Not sure, but this is what Hermes said (recited by G Hancock):

Could be, they just got bored / were a bit burned out with mixing about with mortals and went to another planet / place.

Could be the sleeping god legend's reference that?

Here's a quick list off the top of my head:

Gone forever, never to return.
Gone from earth, but will return.
We are the only trace of the ancients (I hope not) left.
Gone within the earth, return imminent!
Gone without the earth, return imminent.
Require near-global consent or some essoteric means to return

Perhaps we'll find out soon enough?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrNaM3nT

Those who constructed the pyramids in Egypt were not humans , I can tell you that . In between the rocks of the pyramds you can't fit a paper , that's how well those rocks are binded to each other . Also , at that time the people couldnt lift such massive rocks to build the pyramids .

Maybe, or maybe they were human who new methods and ways we can only barely understand.
Think soundwaves and harmonic devices to move things...
You are all on about Egypt, yet I can't see one post that's even mentioned the America's and Viracocha's influence there...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join