It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Did The Ancients Go?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
There Are Three Logical Possibilities That I Can Fathom.

Recent discoveries have shown us that pyramid structures exist right across the planet, spanning across oceans. China, South America, Asia, indeed everywhere. The fact that all these civilizations built to the same or similar blueprints is mind boggling enough, but the one thing that really bothers me is, where they went, what happened to these peoples?

Some may claim plagues or diseases may have wiped them out, but I don’t believe this to be possible unless the ancients had the ability to cross oceans in double quick time. So for me there are three possibilities.

1. Solar Activity
It may be possible that a major solar event occurred wiping out most of the ancient civilizations. Many would state that this is indeed a real possibility, and that’s why I have listed it. Although I have listed this possibility it is not my favourite choice, but it is one possibility that needs mentioning. The reason why this is not my favourite choice is that fact that once the majority of civilization had been extinguished they abandoned these huge structures which would have offered great shelter.

2. Earth Crust Displacement
We hear stories like that of Noah describing huge floods. We have recently discovered a massive pyramid structure off the Japanese coast which is under the sea. We know there are ancient water marks around the base of the sphinx, possibly from the Nile, or maybe from some other source. We have found whale graveyards in the desert, possibly suggesting that they were washed up, or got disorientated and beached (Whale Graveyard). We have proof of ancient magnetic pole shifting events. Among these there are other events to consider.

3. Alien Intervention
I know I would be reprimanded if I did not include the intervention of alien predators. It is possible that aliens harvested the planet a few thousand years ago, indeed; maybe they arrive every few thousand years when the human race reaches a good head of cattle (sorry
). This thought is pretty terrifying for us, but no more terrifying than what a buffalo feels when being attacked by a pride of lions. This doesn’t explain the pyramid under water on the Japanese coast, but that could be the result of a land sink. There are many reasons that can be offered to this possibility, one of which is the introduction of religion in most cultures and the ancient folk tales of people or creatures coming from the stars, in addition to baffling methods of ancient construction.

I could type all night but will end here, but I would like to hear other possibilities if you have them. For me, the only two real possibilities now are ECD and alien harvesting, both of which are absolutely terrifying.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Do you mean , what happened to ancient civilizations like the sumerians?

If someone has some info about the reason why the sumerians dissapeared please post it . And , from where the sumerians came in the first place?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
They went to roughly same place the Roman and Mayan Empires are known to have gone. They degenerated as a civilization until they collapsed and stopped being as prolific. They were subsumed over time by other cultures. Many of the older cultures just didn't record their degeneration as lastingly, for whatever reason.

Solar activity and such may have played a role, but more than anything, it's just the natural cycle of civilization.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OrNaM3nT

I am talking about the humans (if they were humans) that built the pyramids across thw world om every continent.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Possible, and I have often thought this to be the case, but have come to the conclusion that this isn't the case. The Romans were a culture and left their legacy, but not on the same scale as those whom built the pyramids. These ancient cultures disappeared for another reason I believe

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
If there is one primordial cause for mankind s extinction, its one that few people, or science contemplate, however given this planet is entirely driven and controlled by Magnetic s, being Specific Gravity,and it is this that controls climate, we tend to think that everything remains the same, but it doesn't, at present I say we are on our way to a magnetic eclipse, being climate change has no bottom, and it is a Atomic chain reaction in place that may well see us in the very position as you postulate

Further given that time is all harmonics, being it can only stretch so far, before it snaps into the next harmonic, and in that case given you remove the specific gravity which would happen in a blink of an eye, from our oceans they would expand exponentially and increase in volume by perhaps one third, so draw a map of the land mass that would be left and remember the water would rise instantaneous, there will be no time to jump in the car and zoom of to the mountains

And there is another possible theory for the existence all the Pyramids, given that its said time repeats itself

Bulla joiner of dots

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

I'm a big believer in the self-destruction & rebuilding-from-scratch angle, myself. I think every so often society advances to a point where they've gained knowledge that allows our nature to kick in and destroy society.

I think this is a good explanation for some of the fun anomalies like the fused green glass in the deserts of the middle east (which we're only aware of as being indicative of nuclear explosions), vitrification and trace radioactivity like at Mohenjo Daro, accounts like the Mahabharata talking about things that sure sound like nuclear missles (bolt being hurled and exploding with the power of the sun, and smoke billowing up like the opening of vast parasols, or something close along these lines), hinting at ancient uranium mines, and various other things.

Ancient societies self-destroyed by ancient catastrophe is where I come down on this matter.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Who ever said there was one ancient races. Not sure how much research you have done but they are all still here and out there. The Niburian Council for example have over 100 races. They have influenced us a great deal. The Elohim is another which is more likely the Nordics from Orion. ( as far as i can tell they are not really good ). You have the pledies which are a very old race not so much with. But our DNA has been changed many times over the years. Some of the local reptoids ( in an interview) yes i mean local as they came from dinosaur ancestors say we were wiped out 7 times on earth hence the biblical stories of Noah etc. They also say the pyramids were made by our 3rd generation of earth man which is way more advanced than we are. In fact nearly all of previous ancestors were more advanced according to them. That is why you hear stories saying we were created in gods image and in the earlier days we were. Thats also why you hear stories about Enki and Enlil and the gods areguring. In all the myths this is the case. Myths or facts. Truth is most methology stories are more likely to be true if you change the word gods to ET or extra dimensional. The history channel Ancient aliens goes into some detail but not always. They are starting to push the series further. Trust your soul when you are researching it already knows the answer if you trust your gut instinct which is the middle chakra trying to open you to the answers. To be honest most Lucifer real research just suggest he was exiled for helping humans in the early days. Offcourse there are freaks which have distorted his name and have done attrocities in his name, those people deserve to be punished. There is no real good or bad in the higher dimensions just oneness. Its more a matter of perception from where you are sitting and them. Good news the Andromedian council has our back lets hope there is another good to see earth mankind through.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Those who constructed the pyramids in Egypt were not humans , I can tell you that . In between the rocks of the pyramds you can't fit a paper , that's how well those rocks are binded to each other . Also , at that time the people couldnt lift such massive rocks to build the pyramids .

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrNaM3nT

Those who constructed the pyramids in Egypt were not humans , I can tell you that . In between the rocks of the pyramds you can't fit a paper , that's how well those rocks are binded to each other . Also , at that time the people couldnt lift such massive rocks to build the pyramids .

I'll definitely agree as far as saying it wasn't our primitive ancestors as current history says they were at the time, just naturally moving along in human development - I think it's very telling that the pyramids and other ancient monuments were made with such advancement, precision, and innovation - and then went steadily downhill in quality as pyramids continued to be made. You DON'T start with the perfect and then degrade in knowledge over time in natural circumstances, you build UP TO knowing how to do an excellent job at something.

I think that (most likely) the Giza pyramids and the sphinx pre-date the last destruction (around the beginning of the ice age), and then remnants of this society (or the finding of their knowledge) re-emerged several thousand years ago, leading to the massive leaps in human society and development that we otherwise have a hard time accounting for - like the sumerian society and all its advancements basically springing out of nowhere.

Sorry for any rambling, my brain is starting to shut off for the day due to lack of sleep!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Really and how do you know that? You would think the AE who were there at the time might have noted these others, over the centuries as they built these pyramids (in your world view). Er ah no OrNaM3nT the vast majority of the stones in pyramids are not so joined, they are rather sloppy and in some pyramids they are not stones just mud brick.

Sure they could lift rocks; as have people all over the world since ancient times - why would you think differently?

Praetorius
I think that (most likely) the Giza pyramids and the sphinx pre-date the last destruction (around the beginning of the ice age),

but what about the lack of evidence for this scenario? Are we talking made up fantasy or reality here?

fun anomalies..... (which we're only aware of as being indicative of nuclear explosions), vitrification and trace radioactivity like at Mohenjo Daro

Now Praetorius you've been around here long enough to know that is not true are you saying you've never read any of the threads on these subjects before?
edit on 5/12/11 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Really and how do you know that? You would think the AE who were there at the time might have noted these others, over the centuries as they built these pyramids (in your world view). Er ah no OrNaM3nT the vast majority of the stones in pyramids are not so joined, they are rather sloppy and in some pyramids they are not stones just mud brick.

Sure they could lift rocks; as have people all over the world since ancient times - why would you think differently?

Ehh.. I will use my strongest argument then : Even in the present day , we can't make the pyramids the Egyptians made thousands of years ago using their technology at that time .

I can't remember the article or documentary where I read/saw this but , even with our current technology we can't bind those rocks or mud bricks so good , that they could last thousands of years in harsh conditions .

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Ehh.. I will use my strongest argument then : Even in the present day , we can't make the pyramids the Egyptians made thousands of years ago using their technology at that time .

I can't remember the article or documentary where I read/saw this but , even with our current technology we can't bind those rocks or mud bricks so good , that they could last thousands of years in harsh conditions .

We cannot build the fleets that fought at Trafalgar or Jutland either - without a crippling use of time and resources, the same applies to Khufu pyramid. It would take us many years to relearn those old technologies and get people willing to work as hard and as dangerously as that. Can you make a Mongol style composite bow? I suspect you cannot but that doesn't mean you couldn't learn to but it probably isn't worth it to you to do so. The fact that you cannot doesn't mean the Mongol couldn't then or that they needed aliens to help them.

Sure we can build stone buildings, with far greater accuracy and we have one thing the AE didn't - good concrete not that insipid gypsum mortar they used. They were fine craftmen but well below our present standards. Example the AE got the N-S orientation down to a marvolous 2' 28'' error but for scientific buildings (like CERN) we go to 0' 06"

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
There are many holes in official stories that make me wonder, but not one story I can attribute my belief to entirely.

First, we supposedly had Dinosaurs and humans may or may not have been around then. Some say humans did exist and may have also been giants due to atmospheric pressures or whatever they say causes Giants to exist on this planet.
Then you got the bible saying we humans existed after all animals were created, we were also safeguarded in the garden of eden for a time. Maybe that's when we both existed and were giants. Then we got thrown out of the garden to fend for ourselves and also began to spread across the earth. Still as giants? Still dinosaurs? Perhaps the world was a different place then.

Then a cataclysm is said to have happened in the bible, the great flood. Most archeology supports this story as well as other stories in the bible regarding destruction of cities, warring factions, beliefs, various countries/leaders and more.

Who knows what happened after the cataclysm historically but the bible says we survived and saved animals on the ark. Perhaps as time went on Humans got shorter and shorter? Or the cataclysm caused a catastrophic problem on the earth changing gravity causing a different evolution for our bodies?
Either way we survived something big.

After that period we have pretty much found everything and know much of ourselves. Where it's mysterious is in the bible which shapes our psyche and also what we have found sometimes supports far-out claims we thought never possible.

I believe we existed for more then we have found and experienced more then we think but the lessons and history have been lost mostly due to our own stupidity.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

what if what the ancient interpreted in their writings, myths, sacred texts, history had some reality to it.

all those alien(non human) races of angels, spirits, heros, gods or of whatever cultural label, fought and argued about how to deal with humans.

since humans rarely followed guidance, they agreed we should be left to our free will and have interfered little in the past two thousand years.
much like humans creating a national park or ocean preserve.

now the humans await the return of the park rangers, to bring back harmony to our planet.

the pyramids could have been where the park rangers use to run the zoo.
park headquaters set up all over the world to guide human society.

then they left to see how we would do on our own, while still monitoring the critters.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan
There are many holes in official stories that make me wonder, but not one story I can attribute my belief to entirely.

Hate to tell you but there is no 'official story' but there is scientific concensus is that what you mean?

First, we supposedly had Dinosaurs and humans may or may not have been around then. Some say humans did exist and may have also been giants due to atmospheric pressures or whatever they say causes Giants to exist on this planet.

Well you seem to be off the official story line at least! Sounds more like the Creationist/theist 'story'

Most archeology supports this story as well as other stories in the bible regarding destruction of cities, warring factions, beliefs, various countries/leaders and more.

Nope, sorry archaeology doesn't support a world flood and yes cities were destroyed but then they were destroyed at various times all over the world

Who knows what happened after the cataclysm historically but the bible says we survived and saved animals on the ark. Perhaps as time went on Humans got shorter and shorter? Or the cataclysm caused a catastrophic problem on the earth changing gravity causing a different evolution for our bodies?
Either way we survived something big.

We actually survived lots of 'littler' events spread out over thousands of year but humans always did survived. No change in gravity - human have just started to get a bit taller now but generally height is based on the nutrition level of the mother, what you get to eat while you grow and your genetics

After that period we have pretty much found everything and know much of ourselves. Where it's mysterious is in the bible which shapes our psyche and also what we have found sometimes supports far-out claims we thought never possible.

I believe we existed for more then we have found and experienced more then we think but the lessons and history have been lost mostly due to our own stupidity.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

''We cannot build the fleets that fought at Trafalgar or Jutland either - without a crippling use of time and resources, the same applies to Khufu pyramid. It would take us many years to relearn those old technologies and get people willing to work as hard and as dangerously as that. Can you make a Mongol style composite bow? I suspect you cannot but that doesn't mean you couldn't learn to but it probably isn't worth it to you to do so. The fact that you cannot doesn't mean the Mongol couldn't then or that they needed aliens to help them.

Sure we can build stone buildings, with far greater accuracy and we have one thing the AE didn't - good concrete not that insipid gypsum mortar they used. They were fine craftmen but well below our present standards. Example the AE got the N-S orientation down to a marvolous 2' 28'' error but for scientific buildings (like CERN) we go to 0' 06" (Originally posted by Hanslune)

I mean , we CANNOT learn to make it nor build it because we are not CAPABALE of doing so .
edit on 5-12-2011 by OrNaM3nT because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2011 by OrNaM3nT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I don't think the ancients really "went" anywhere. Their bloodlines make up our polulation today. Over many generations the things that interest humans has changed. Thousands of years ago most cultures wanted great things from life, like sailing across the seas, building temples and monuments to their "gods", studying the skys, and learning about the universe.

Now we are more interested in our new cell phone, PS3, 3d HDTV, and any other entertainment. Civilization's interest have just shifted and the old ways of thinking got left behind.

If we were more focused as a species, our monuments today would more than excede the great things left by the "Ancients".

but...

When was the last time you saw a large percentage of any country focused on accomplishing a common goal?...Never...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Yeah aye bro, I've just, like, finished reading Graham Hamcock's (sic) " Fingerprints of the Gods" which like just totally blew my mind with all this information in it, citing sources like Velikovsky and Hapbad (sic) and some really cutting edge research, even though it was published like wow ages ago now and there is obviously a cover up as to how this information is shared and kept secret because I like had never heard of it before and it blew my mind, man. I was, like, so credulous because when I read it he made really good cases on such little evidence!

In my defence, I saw that book for sale at the local library and knew that I had to get it, if only to keep such misinformation out of the hands of the credulous.

I figured it was fifty cents well spent, and while I did enjoy much of the read and the speculations within I had to take it all with a grain of salt due to the fact that there is just no corroborative evidence to back his claims and suppositions up.

I like the idea of an advanced civilisation during the "Ice Age" (which one, precisely?) inhabiting the coastal plains, but sadly there is just no evidence that stands up to scrutiny....so far.

I've filed the book away in my 'conspiracy corner' along with Velikovsky, Bauval et al, including with them " the maps of the ancient sea kings", " america b.c." and " vimana aircraft of ancient India" or whatever the correct title is. I'm happy to take photographs of these books for you, at least then there is solid, hard proof of their existence, not soiled, soft suppositions.

I do like the idea of looking into myths and legends and there is some excellent work around dealing with these, such as one about taniwha and tsunami (the name escapes me at present)and think there is potential for further research, especially regarding natural hazards.

In answer to the OP question: "Where did the ancients go?" it is my opinion that they weren't as technologically advanced as proposed, with some sort of high civilisation, as there is just nothing to say that. I feel they developed over a long period of time and are evident in the 'dawn of civilisation' that we see with the 'mainstream' civilisations. This in itself is a lovely story, amazing and full of action and achievement, so there is no need to invent a past to replace our own, unless one is inclined to fiction.

Alright, that's my two bits worth.
edit on 5-12-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
What happened to the ancients? I would pose this. They were abandoned by their gods. And their civilizations then disintegrated because without the leadership of the gods they fell apart because of the natural forces within and without trying to collapse the government.

Now here is something I found in the bible that explains why the Jews went into the Diaspora. Simply put they broke the compact they made with their God and in turn received a top level Leviticus 26 curse in return. And after working it all out it appears what happened was they killed Elijah the prophet. See Matthew 17. And in turn they triggered the curse of Malachi. See the last 2 verses of Malachi 4.

So essentially the world has been cut off from the God/gods for 1983 years approximately. So I guess the fun part here? When they come back.

Curse of the Apocalypse.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join