It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Updated* The Masonic Pysche with Personal E-Mail from Author

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
As a mason, I can tell you all there's really nothing to fear. There is no more conspiracy in masonry, at least what I've seen, than in any other institution: churches, business, government, etc. If there are "bad" masons, then we should recognize that there are also "bad" preachers, businessmen, government people, who are bent on shoving their evil down our throats.

The most loyal kind and understanding man I've ever met is a mason, a 32nd degree no less. His friendship was evident before I ever even considered becoming a mason, and was a large part of the reason I asked to join: he was an exemplary model of honesty and compassion. My point is that masons aren't much different than non-masons, and in fact, frequently exhibit more Christian charity and love than most professing Christians.Ignorance and freedom don't mix---paraphrase of Thomas Jefferson

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonestownRed

Originally posted by theron dunn
ASK for g-d's sake and stop complaining, and MAYBE one of us will answer your question.

I've noticed a few of the masons using g-d instead of the standard god (or God). This is something that previously I had only encountered with followers of Judaism, which I believe is not the case here. Can one of you elaborate on this?

I will expand upon it. I think that it shows disrespect to the deity to use His name in any manner, therefore, I do not spell out the word unless I am speaking generically of the concept, and usually not even then. To me it is a matter of respect, an outward sign... though in truth, I do not think the creator of the Universe really cares how I name him.

One more question, if you don't mind, while I'm asking. I seem to recall one of the prominent mason posters stating that the secrets of masonry do not solely lie in the means of recognition, but ML has stated this to be untrue a few posts back. I wish I could quote them, but I have absolutely no idea in which thread I read this.

MOST Grand Lodges indicate that the only REAL secrets of masonry are the means and modes of recognition, though some still hold that everything is secret. In a forum such as this, you will come across both. For myself, I hold to the modes and means as being the only secrets, but will discuss ritual only peripherally, and will not discuss actual ritual work.

The fact is that the secrets of masonry are not really secret... the secrecy is more about learning to be a better man by keeping your word and maintaining confidences. The secrets of masonry are more esoteric than the modes and means, and are, in most cases, not written down, but communicated mouth to ear and by contemplation.

Masonry is really about learning to be a better man. There are many ways to achieve this lofty goal. Some masons see only the surfce of the lessons of our craft, others delve deeper for the more philosophical meanings and lessons. to each according to his interests and abilities...

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   

You know, Jahmun, I have read through this thread, and what I see is a lot of complaining about not knowing the secrets of masonry. It kind of begs the question: what makes you think you have a right to the answers?

More to the point, while you complain (endlessly) about not getting straight answers, I really haven't seen a question to be answered. You go on and on about ad hominem this and that and how no one will answer... well, ASK for g-d's sake and stop complaining, and MAYBE one of us will answer your question.

How about that?

Yea, I got Masonic Light to answer questions I had. The rest of the content were assertions made by John Salza. I think there is another thread about him now too.

I don't think this board would be what it is if only questions were asked all the time. I just reported what I found on another website that seemed to be inline with some of the debating/argumentive tactics used by some of the Masons on this board. Though my thread title assumes a generalization, I believe it to be true in many cases. I have many who are exceptions though.

[edit on 22-9-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
I don't think this board would be what it is if only questions were asked all the time. I just reported what I found on another website that seemed to be inline with some of the debating/argumentive tactics used by some of the Masons on this board. Though my thread title assumes a generalization, I believe it to be true in many cases. I have many who are exceptions though.

'tis true. What I saw were a lot of generalizations and no specifics, and a lot of what looked like ad hominem attacks against masons... most of us have no problem answering questions, and do not waste time attacking, but when we are attacked with bilious drivel, it is hard to compose a response that does not look like and attack.

I spend a lot of my time answering questions, and not avoiding them, and it just gets a little old all the time to see endless attacks with no sense or rationality (yes, I know, it LOOKS like an ad hominem attack)... and observations that the post lacks credibility, informed opinions or facts is not ad hominem, often as not, it is a simple observation of a demonstrated fact...

Thanks

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I do not think the creator of the Universe really cares how I name him.

Or her even......?

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Or her even...

Frankly, I am not really comfortable with the ROMAN, male driven concept of g-d as a male entity in long flowing robes and a great white beard... the GENERATIVE force, the CREATIVE force that made everything is, of course, gender neutral. How could one even consider that an entity beyond all of us would even HAVE gender?

Seems somewhat silly... I imagine g-d as a consciousness more than an entity...

Thanks for reminding me... I just can't seem to conceive of using it to reference the allmighty...

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I had a dream that I was floating in space. Then this cube appeared in the distance and was slowly spinning towards me. When it got close to me the cube was the size of the moon say. It was blue with long, patterned hollows within the cube. This hollows puslated lighter blue, almost like a heart beat vibration.

Then a door opened up inside the cube and I floated into it. Inside was nothing but white light then I came to realise this is where God resides. I floated around some more within this white light of the cube then just as I was about to see god I woke up.

ARGGhhh! It was almost as if I was pulled from my dream by something. Like my dream body was grabbed and thrown back inside my physical.

Anyway I have only had one dream purely about god and that was it. Apparently it is not common to dream directly of god/the entity so I thought I would post it. I had one dream directly about Satan too but I don't want to annoy anyone with even more off topic things.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join