It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Ron Paul the Key to Understanding the 2012 Race?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This is an article from the Young Turks.

Gingrich the Clown has, of course, accepted the invitation from Trump the Clown to be a part of the Newsmax/Trump TV debate on December 27th. Huntsman has declined, and now so has Paul. But what is utterly fascinating is the way Paul declined. Below is a part of the official statement put out by the Ron Paul Spokesman. Behold its honesty, integrity, and fearlessness:

“The selection of a reality television personality to host a presidential debate that voters nationwide will be watching is beneath the office of the Presidency and flies in the face of that office’s history and dignity…Mr. Trump’s participation as moderator will distract from questions and answers concerning important issues such as the national economy, crushing federal government debt, the role of the federal government, foreign policy, and the like. To be sure, Mr. Trump’s participation will contribute to an unwanted circus-like atmosphere…Mr. Trump’s selection is also wildly inappropriate because of his record of toying with the serious decision of whether to compete for our nation’s highest office, a decision he appeared to make frivolously. The short-lived elevation of Mr. Trump’s stature as a candidate put him on the radar of many organizations and we recall that last spring he was invited to keynote the Republican Party of Iowa’s annual Lincoln Day Dinner, yet at the last minute he left RPI holding the bag by canceling. In turn, RPI canceled its biggest fundraising gala of the year and suffered embarrassment and in addition RPI was required to engage in refunding measures. Our candidate will not even consider participating in the late-December debate until Mr. Trump publicly apologizes to Iowa party leaders and rectifies in full the situation…Therefore our candidate Ron Paul, the champion of the Constitution, has advised he will not attend.” Ron Paul Spokesperson

Wow!

Ron Paul truly is a serious candidate who deserves special attention. No, Ron Paul will never be President (nor should he be), but when he puts out statements like the one above, statements that are outrageously honest, true and non-demagogic, he cultivates a strong, cult-like following. Paul is stoking contempt among Libertarian-minded voters who are increasingly seeing the GOP field as a collection of nut balls, fools and oafs.

Here’s the significance of Paul’s statement on Trump: it further galvanizes the intensity of Paul’s supporters and makes them even less likely to vote for the eventual GOP nominee who most assuredly won’t be Paul. The Paul supporters (with or without the support from Ron Paul) are destined to run a third party campaign for President in 2012 because they will be equally contemptuous of the nominees from both parties. This of course opens the door for a final vote tally as follows: 46% Obama, 45% (Romney/Gingrich/or some other GOP nominee), 7% Paul, 2% Mickey Mouse/none of the above/Lyndon Larouche, etc. Thus, Ron Paul is the potential key to Obama winning an Electoral College landslide.

No matter what else happens in the Republican primaries, all eyes should stay on Ron Paul.

I am a democrat. I switched to Republican just so I can vote for Ron Paul in the primaries. I know a lot of other Democrats doing the same thing.

I think he is wrong in writing off Ron Paul.

I think the author underestimates how many of us are fed up with the corporate control of both sides of the isle. No matter who gets in it is the same corporate and globalist agendas being passed. CFR bullet point today is tomorrows legislation passed into law.

FDA leader today Monsanto corporate executive tomorrow... or Supreme Court Justice!

Corporate control which some call Corpratism, and I think is better called Fascism is becoming clear. OWS is pointing out the hypocrisy in the system to the main stream (we here on ATS have been discussing it for years).

So I agree to one thing, Ron Paul is the key to the 2012 race. If we don't get Paul in we are doomed as a nation. I have never felt a race was so key in our countries history. It is either make a REAL change or our nation is going to be killed by the engorged corporate/globalist ticks.

Your thoughts?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
lol shows teh paper but funney ho other opolls show 25 ,20 7, 18, 35 ,46 percent damn riggage

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

I thought Ron Paul’s campaign response was very appropriate;I got a good laugh last night when I read it.

Unfortunately, in the final stages of this race with 2 weeks until the first primary, bowing out of any debate isn’t helpful to his campaign. He needs all the airtime he can get. This is reminiscent of John McCain’s stunt to suspend his campaign to work on the economy! We saw how quickly he fell in the polls. Isn’t this the second or third time Huntsman declined a debate invitation?

I really wish all of the candidates would have bowed out of this clown show….that would have been the smart thing to do IMO.

Who does Trump think he is???? Who cares what Trump thinks???? Why give him any credibility???

I’m sorry but I just don’t get what’s going on here with Trump!!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Ron Paul has my vote. I think this election has been in the rigger from the start though, and I
saw Cain as part of that process. I personally think that the two large parties are a lot closer
than we imagine, and they work together to keep it that way.

Ron Paul is the only consistent candidate, he is for real, and while he may or may not win,
he has given us someone to look up to, someone to follow, he has been a beacon of truth in
this dark, garbage littered sea of refuse we so commonly call The Election Cycle.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I also disagree with their assessment. So, a candidate who commands respect from the opposing party and all admit that he is the only candidate from either party with a shred of integrity. How can one discount that? I think the Young Turks overestimate loyalty to Mr. Obama. Given the choice, even die hard Republicans will vote partisan while the majority of Independents (an ever growing faction) will vote Paul. The only shoe ins for Obama are Super die -hard democrats and blacks.
A more interesting scenario would be if Obama had a Democratic Independent challenger (HRC?) and RP ran 3rd party, too. That scenario might end up with Congress deciding the Presidency, though, and one of the corporate candidates would win(Obama, HRC, or Repub nominee).

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I think the author underestimates how many of us are fed up with the corporate control of both sides of the isle.

Do you know how Ron Paul gets corporate control out of government? He drops most of their taxes and let's them do whatever they want. They won't be in government because they will have no need to be...because Ron Paul will hand them exactly what they have wanted...zero regulation.

Is that really what you want?

So I agree to one thing, Ron Paul is the key to the 2012 race. If we don't get Paul in we are doomed as a nation. I have never felt a race was so key in our countries history. It is either make a REAL change or our nation is going to be killed by the engorged corporate/globalist ticks.

Again, explain to me how Ron Paul is going to stop the "engorged corporate/globalist ticks" when his plan is to remove as many regulations on them as possible??? I just really don't understand how you think his positions are going to combat the corporations.

And also...you do know that the President can't do much on his own....right? So what will having Ron Paul as President do if Congress will never pass any of his ideas?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Re-installing glass-steagal (however it's spelled) amongst other things. He voted against it's repeal.

You're anti-Paul standings are well documented here on ATS.
edit on 5-12-2011 by pianopraze because: typo

ETA Paul is the only non globalist in ties to money and voting period. He is as close to macing these globalists in the face as we can get!!! He has consistently voted for the best interest of our country and against globalist and corporate agendas.
edit on 5-12-2011 by pianopraze because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Unfortunately, in the final stages of this race with 2 weeks until the first primary,

Yes, the trick worked just as planned. This was what Cain was for, to distract everyone
with mirrors and smoke till it was too late. And I think the Republicans are in on it,
and it stinks to high heaven!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

I think the author underestimates how many of us are fed up with the corporate control of both sides of the isle.

Do you know how Ron Paul gets corporate control out of government? He drops most of their taxes and let's them do whatever they want. They won't be in government because they will have no need to be...because Ron Paul will hand them exactly what they have wanted...zero regulation.

Is that really what you want?

Again, explain to me how Ron Paul is going to stop the "engorged corporate/globalist ticks" when his plan is to remove as many regulations on them as possible??? I just really don't understand how you think his positions are going to combat the corporations.

And also...you do know that the President can't do much on his own....right? So what will having Ron Paul as President do if Congress will never pass any of his ideas?

I understand you may prefer centralized control over your every action than actual freedom in order to " be protected". However, those who recognize that big business is completely co-dependent with the federal government intuitively see that Paul's stance is the only option for those that believe in genuine freedom. Obama received just as much, if not more $$$ from the bigs as any President in history and has acted as their obedient servant since election(if one follows his actions instead of the lies coming from his mouth). The big boys are unaffected by regulation. Never have been in our nation's history - at least not since 1865 when they began receiving the explicit protection of the federal government in earnest (because that is when it became all powerful). It simply protects their interests & profits from would-be competitors.

The President can dissolve cabinet positions and the many, many departments & agencies under the Executive Branch. He also has the power to end wars, remove troops, close military bases, etc. and rescind any executive orders issued by any of his predecessors. He can dissolve the TSA or even the DHS completely. The President can't single-handedly end regulations or cut taxes, but he can sure reduce spending through his actions by simply erasing the entity requiring appropriations. He can also fight the central bank in a fashion similar to Andrew Jackson in the 1830s.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Yes, the trick worked just as planned. This was what Cain was for, to distract everyone
with mirrors and smoke till it was too late. And I think the Republicans are in on it,
and it stinks to high heaven!

I am a conspiracy theorist so I’ll bite! You think Cain was there to distract attention?? What about Newt and Romney - same thing? I think Cain had legit support with some conservatives because he was an outsider. (edit: Let me rephrase that....by outsider I mean NOT a politician).

There is definitely a plan of attack from Washington. What I think is at play is Chicago style politics. Their motto is: Don’t beat your opponents with the merits of your ideas but rather try and discredit them so you won’t have to debate at all!

edit on 5-12-2011 by seabag because: (no reason given)

top topics

join