It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ark of the Covenant to be revealed?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

A very British problem of a leaky church roof could be about to give the world the chance to glimpse the legendary Ark of the Covenant.

That's because the claimed home of the iconic relic - a small chapel in Ethiopia - has sprung a leak and so the Ark could now be on the move.

The Ark - which The Bible says holds God's Ten Commandments given to Moses on Mount Sinai - is said to have been kept in Aksum, in the Chapel of the Tablet, adjacent to St Mary of Zion Church, since the 1960s.

But now the chapel - which was designed by the Ethiopian leader Emperor Hailie Selassie - has had to be covered in a tarpaulin to stop rain getting in.

The water damage could mean the Ark will be moved for the first time in decades giving religious worshippers and adventurers alike a chance to see it.

Link: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Yes, yes..I know it's from the Daily Mail but here's something rather interesting (and in the public eye).
I'm not really sure if it's really the Ark of the Covenant...but I guess until we open it up, we can't really tell?

Surely the material it's made out of would have contracted and cooled...causing it to break over the thousands of years...unless it's been replaced? Hmm...interesting, any thoughts out there?

But yes, I'm doubting this very much...one wouldn't spill the location out like this would they?
edit on 5-12-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Personally I have always been led to believe the location of the real ark is a mystery.. I thought it being in Ethiopia was just one of many theories of its actual location..? Never realised it was official it was kept there..

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Soon to be revealed: Thor's hammer, Rama's bow, the Monkey King's golden staff, and the winged shoes of Hermes.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Boy Howdy! Some of you folks will just believe anything!
There is a scripture that states the ark will never be found again. I will see if I can find it for you.
Look people....wood only lasts so long. It gets termites, y'know.

Besides, there is a New Covenant. And the real ark of the covenant is the Holy Graal "bloodline". And I suspect that they will be revealed soon.

Some very interesting info about ark of covenant and how it was designed and it's use, see:
einhornpress.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Whats that, an impossible find being found and then revealed publicly?

Is it just me, or do I detect the stench of Illuminati handiwork?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

OP, thanks for sharing this information. Here's a link to a post I made about the Daily Mail, hopefully it'll make you laugh and remind us all how bad the Daily Mail can be.

Linky

Rev

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I have no doubt that they have “a” ark, but I highly doubt that they have “the” ark. Their whole religion is based on their possession of the ark, so you know they have something. I highly doubt that the Jewish High Priests would have allowed the original to go to Ethiopia to begin with. What they most likely have though is one of the duplicates that was made of the actual ark.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

A duplicate from descriptions, or of the now lost original?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

That old ark no longer exists. It became obsolete when Jesus hit the scene and was more likely than not destroyed. If it still existed we would know about it for sure because someone would have blabbed about it by now. Secrets only stay secret if only 2 people know about it and 1 of them is dead.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
Surely the material it's made out of would have contracted and cooled...causing it to break over the thousands of years...unless it's been replaced? Hmm...interesting, any thoughts out there?

The Bible description says it was made of acacia wood clad in solid gold. If it really has survived all this time, it's probably been well-cared for. The Turin shroud is just cloth, but it still remains in good shape despite being ancient, and it's been delicately cared for despite having a questionable provenance.

If you go into the cathedrals in Italy, just about every one of them has some relic in the sanctuary. Locks of hair and/ or bits of bone from a saint or apostle, pieces of wood supposedly from Christ's cross. I doubt they're real and I doubt this ark in Ethiopia is real. And even if any of these relics are real, so what? Relics should not be worshipped, that is idol worship.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Their 'ark' will never be revealed. If it is, then their entire religion will be shot to hell and disappear. They've gotta' keep it a mystery and keep it under wraps or else everyone will know its a fraud. You will never see it unless someone forces it ....

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Boy Howdy! Some of you folks will just believe anything!
There is a scripture that states the ark will never be found again. I will see if I can find it for you.
Look people....wood only lasts so long. It gets termites, y'know.

Besides, there is a New Covenant. And the real ark of the covenant is the Holy Graal "bloodline". And I suspect that they will be revealed soon.

Some very interesting info about ark of covenant and how it was designed and it's use, see:
einhornpress.com...

Now we are starting to talk common sense! The so called ark is not a physical object! And we all know that when somut aint physical it aint either real(maybe) or findable!!!

It dont exist in a physical sense!!!!!!!!!! And maybe not even in any other!!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
An artefact the existence of which presupposes the truth of a fictitious Jewish history, the "Exodus", which modern archaeology has established could never have occurred, will never be "revealed" because it has never existed. How convenient it was for the Hellenised Jews who wrote the story, an no less the Christians who have adopted it, that it had seemingly "vanished" without a trace before its existence was first recorded by them!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
ok it's been a long time since my last study on this so it's from memry, about 10+ years.
The Kebra Negaste claims that Menelik on his return from seeing his father, Solomon (mother is Sheba) was to return to his homeland, Ethiopia. Solomon in his wisdom, who publicaly loved menelik knew that the other leaders of the tribes of Israel, as well as his own many children were jealous and this endangered Menelik so what Solomon did was have the first born heirs from the different tribes be sent with Menelik to ensure Menelik's safety. Solomon had an Ark fashioned, a copy to be sent as a testament for Menelik and the faith Solomon taught Menelik to carry back to his homeland.
It was said that the night before the firstborn heirs snuck into the temple and switched the copy for the original.
After days into the journey back the first born heirs told Menelik what they had done.
Horrified Menelik wanted to turn back and fix the erreor but was convinced that the only way the Ark could be with them was that is was meant to be since the Ark went where it wanted or they would allready be dead.
So they continued on.
They stopped for many years in Yemen.
I believe another copy was made there as well and is there today.
When they got back to Ethipia it is said that a "tent" was erected on an Island in Lake Tanana (from memory) where the ark was kept for centuries. This lake is said to be the source of the Nile.
Now it is my opinion that this is not the original but is the copy. The original was taken by Jeremiah and placed in a cave that was made without human hands and kept to this day.
It is right below where Jesus was crucified and when He died and His blood was spilled the blood of the lamb spilled down through the cracks that were made from the earthquake that had just happened and He, the High Priest sanctified the Ark and all the furniture and the plates from Moses and the Mercy seat and the rest of the furniture and utinsils placed there by Jeremiah that he removed from the Holy of Holies before the temple was sacked and entered by the profane conquerors that had come.

So, what of the ark? The copy? What I believe is significant is the tent.
I believe it most likely is the tabernacle of David.
There were 2 tarbernacles, one from Moses and on from David.
I believe it has to be David's Scripture says in those days when the sacrifices would begin up again that Yah would mend the breaches of the tabernacle (temporary dwelling, a tent).
Imagine that.
Instead of looking for the temple to be built for the sacrifices to begin again all they need really is the tabernacle once everything else is in place such as having the ashes of the Red Heifer.
Any way, I am certain they have the Ark, but they have a copy.
But do they have the tabernacle as well?
Maybe even a jar of ashes from the Red Heifer? Who knows but maybe we are about to see.
btw, scripture talks of the tabernacle being erected, not the temple in the last days. Jesus Himself will rebuild the Temple.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
What a load of tosh, Indy discovered it in years ago as we have all seen. Seeing it didn't do the Nazi's much good

Seriously though, if it ever did exist it would have been destroyed years ago either when Nebuchadnezzar destroyed Israel, or when the Romans ended the Jewish rebellion and looted all the treasures back to Rome (when the Menorah was also 'removed') or at a myriad other points in history.

My bet? A really old crappy wooden box with shiny paper stuck on it. We will only get to see it from a distance! Anyone else care for a bet?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I actually watched a NatGeo on this. The priest that "protects" it claims it to be the real ark and claims that the cataracts he has are because of being in close vicinity of the ark. Can't remember the entire story but do know it was similar to the one posted above from memory.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Interesting:

From my limited research into the matter a few years ago, i also came up with the conclusion that the Ark was in Ethiopia and that it might be some radioactive material (repeat instances where people who come in contact with the ark seem to die, of deaths simillar to radiation poisoning.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Beat you to it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
If Moses smashed the ten commandments, they could not be within the Ark. The Tables of Testimony would (the copies of the ten commandments recreated by God).
edit on 5-12-2011 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

It depends on what you consider "official."

Ethiopian official--sure.

NOT Israeli official.

There's some reports that the Israeli government knows where the Ark is hidden deep not far from the Temple Mount.

I think Wyatt's narrative was interesting--claiming that it's underneath Golgatha with dried blood from a crack that reaches the top of Golgatha straight to a hole for an ancient cross. . . . and that said dried blood had fallen on the mercy seat. I got goose bumps when I first read that.

I know Wyatt has been discredited by some. I don't know what the truth is but it was certainly a plausible narrative and sounded like something God would do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join