It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The challenge that will not be taken seriously by many unbelievers.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyVelveeta

Being a hypocrite goes hand in hand with judgement.
The flesh is flawed and shall not remain.
Heaven knows nothing of pain or happiness.

don't need jesus to be a good person and live a full and functioning life

What would a functioning life be without jesus?

I submit to you that you are not here to enjoy this life.
edit on 4-12-2011 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickyVelveeta

Originally posted by deadeyedick
The bible can speak for or against most things.
That seems like one of those walls i was talking about.
We will all sin again i'm sure of it.
Here you may enjoy this thread of mine.
Hypocrite

interesting thread, kinda reinforces my beliefs.

everyone's a hypocrite, and in my experience especially christians. christians are the worst hypocrites, it's literally a requirement for being a christian.

don't need jesus to be a good person and live a full and functioning life. i sin. i like sinning. our sins are the only interesting thing about us and are what make us who we are. i don't know what kind of utopian tranquil existence you dream of existing in after you die and get buried in the ground, but it's one i want no part of. what do people even do in heaven anyway? just walk around high fiving each other while all the interesting smart people party? seems like fun, kinda sounds like real life come to think about it.

repenting is nothing but handing over all your independence and personal responsibility in exchange for a cheap, nasty and flawed self-help scam. if that's what god wants, then screw him. if i ever subscribe to a faith system it will be one that actually requires integrity and doesn't allow hypocrites to make s- up as they go along and distort reality even further than it already has been.

I agree that we are all duplicitous, as we are forced into duplicity. But......a very big but....we experience it for a very good reason. Desire is the key to understanding God's end goal for us here in the material world. Promise me that you will go back and read your own words after considering this:

I am a Christian. I am no better than you and no worse. We are each sinners. I can say what I will say here and you will fell that I am judging you. Not the case. I am judging myself. The only way I know these things is because I have experienced them myself. I am the sinner I am speaking to. My subject judges because it is a clear mirror of truth. This makes me look like a hypocrite because we all know these standards cannot be met here in the material world. We are all equal in this respect. Please view what I will say next as equally to us and not to you.

If someone kills my sister, do I listen to him with agreement when he says, "But I like to sin. What's the harm?" Context to our attitudes is important. If we are in a bar and seeking another connection with a mate, are we harming anyone? Sin is a representation of self-will. It can only seek the good of self at the expense of others. This is duplicity. We can say, "I'm a great guy and I sin. What's the harm? It feels good." What we are saying is, I'm okay if I sin. Is it okay for others to sin against us? What's it matter?

Duplicity is tied to suffering. If we seek reward as our aim, suffering follows. Not just for us, but for those we love. If we smoke, we get cancer and the family looses a loved one. This is a simple example of taking reward apart form suffering work. Get a college degree and you get a job. That's because you suffered for the reward. Sin takes and that's all it can do. Love gives and the results are for us and all who are connected to us. See the difference? Love is giving and sin is taking. Does it matter?

edit on 4-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

what do people even do in heaven anyway?

Hebrew Midrash:

"Future bliss can neither be imagined, explained, nor described. We know nothing of its nature, form, greatness, or beauty, its quantity or quality. This much one should know, the phrase, "the world to come," does not imply that it is a world yet to be called into existence; it exists already, but the phrase is employed to describe the life into which those who are in the present stage of existence will be transposed when they throw off this mortal coil."

1 Corinthians 2:9

However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"--

edit on 4-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hey OP, I took your challenge,actually several times in my life, and uh, I still don't believe. Do I win a prize?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gigatronix

Yes you do win a prize!
He knows your path and has gave you another day to be honest with yourself.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

I'm honest with myself everyday, and to believe in something that I find unbelievable would be dishonest!

Nice try though, goading the unbeliever into reconsidering his position, when a lifetime of experience has lead you down a certain path, random anonymous person on the internet to the rescue!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gigatronix

I guess you wont believe me when i say i have got your back.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Actually I would believe that. One of religions finer qualities is does Sometimes instill a sense of good will to an unknown person.

Would you believe, that for the most part, I also have your back? (I say for the most part because Im still skeptical on the intent of this thread, and further interaction would of course give me more information to work with) But in general, I also have a feeling of goodwill towards my fellow man, although it does not originate out of god or religion for me. It originates out of my appreciation of the full spectrum of human existence, from the elitistest elite, to the starvingest tragedy. I see in all of us the potential to be spectacular and to make a difference. I also recognize that not everyone can,or will,and thats ok.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2
"But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'" luke 19:27

These are words of a tyrant! and not someone i would ever be boys with let alone be religious and spirtual with

Don't worry soon as jesus comes down and tutes your horn , i'll be on board . Please express pray messege him ya?

You might see him as a tyrant as an unbeliever who uses the bible as a bludgeon and quotes passages you don't know anythign about.

Call him a tyrant if you wish, but if he keeps your ass out of hell does it matter?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This is the truth. But you must do it with a sincere heart; that is something most unbelievers will find impossible.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
soooo heaven has no happiness, no sadness, no pleasure, no pain, no judgement, no people, no hypocrisy, no nothing.

i guess if that's the case we can safely say that heaven is just a metaphor for being dead and not having to worry about any of the BS in the real world?

reality = hell, death = heaven. interesting way of looking at it. that would technically make jesus a demon, by rough definition a spiritual entity that influences your life and actions by tricking you into giving trust and allowing it to attatch itself to, and define, your very soul and existence.

hear me out here, just free thinking for a second...

what if....

god is real but heaven and hell are not. what if god is using the idea of heaven and hell to trick us into living good lives?? i mean we die at the end of it anyway, it's not like we're going to know. maybe all he wants is simple good from us humans.

obviously the bible is a distorted sack of s- and the judeo-christian god is a narcissistic psychopath, but food for thought anyhow.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

You'd be calling God a liar if there is no heaven or hell.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Considering God didn't write the bible, i'd like to know how this would be calling him a liar?

Hell doesn't exist according to the bible... Look it up.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
God gave His authority to Jesus, Jesus gave His authority to the apostles, and His apostles had given their authority to their successors. You won't find direct textual proof of it but you will find evidence of it if you look just like the trinity. One place to start is to read the epistles of John. Here you will find evidence for mortal and venial sins as well as the claim that those who don't have the Son have the wrath of God.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
God gave His authority to Jesus, Jesus gave His authority to the apostles, and His apostles had given their authority to their successors. You won't find direct textual proof of it but you will find evidence of it if you look just like the trinity. One place to start is to read the epistles of John. Here you will find evidence for mortal and venial sins as well as the claim that those who don't have the Son have the wrath of God.

The followers of Jesus didn't understand his words, that is proven many times through out the book.

And the trinity isn't something that Jesus or the appostles taught, it was added 300+ years later...

Don't believe everything your church taught you...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

You'd be calling God a liar if there is no heaven or hell.
Bad things go down, and good things go up.
There are seven levels of heaven where the highest is too pure and we don't go there but we can go to the third level, which is what Paul talked about. Read about that in Lord of the Cosmos by Patella, who I figure is a monastic friar, not that it matters other than he is obviously not a heretic.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
There is undeniable proof that god does exist and when one ignores the truth there is still hope cause jesus saves.
That's right the surefire way to know that god exist is to ask him to fill your heart with his presence.
Ask in the name of jesus to be forgiven of your wordly sins and guide you as you walk on his path.
Do this with an open heart and have faith in yourself and all of his creations and you will begin to feel his grace lighting your way.
If you truly do this you will have your proof you so desire.
If you feel inclined not to take my challenge seriously then by all means bash away for i have big shoulders and can carry your load.
Is a leap of faith too big of a price to pay for your eternal salvation?
Please note that i'm not endorsing you to open the church doors on a building only to break down the walls that have been built around your temple of god.
You are the church not your neighbor or your family cause they can not drag you to salvation.When you accept this you will be lifted up in a spiritual sense.

Undeniable proof? where? all I see is you asking people to use their imagination and just believe.....................because

Who wouold seriously take this 'challenge' seriously? seems like a self indulgent thread tbh

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The trinity was something the apostles taught. And did you not read the part where Jesus takes His apostles aside and explains?

Read your bible more carefully. One good place is to try to understand what eating His flesh and drinking His blood means.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by yourboycal2
"But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'" luke 19:27

These are words of a tyrant! and not someone i would ever be boys with let alone be religious and spirtual with

Don't worry soon as jesus comes down and tutes your horn , i'll be on board . Please express pray messege him ya?

You might see him as a tyrant as an unbeliever who uses the bible as a bludgeon and quotes passages you don't know anythign about.

Call him a tyrant if you wish, but if he keeps your ass out of hell does it matter?

You missed the point of the post , I don't believe jesus was a tyrant nor would i ever believc he would ever say such a thing. ?

Secondly christians get there info from where? Oh the good ol book name the bible.

I was giving examples as to why i would not follow the bible becasue of the errors and lies injected into it .

Thirdly Jesus does not keep your ass out of hell is such a place exists. God does.

Why would i spit on gods face by going to jesus for salavation ?

Every man deals with there own sins. Im not cowardly like christians to put it all on jesus and ask for a free pass...

no thanks cowardly lion. Handle your own sins. Leave jesus out of it

"A.(Deuteronomy 24:16) - "Fathers shall not be put to death for their sons, nor shall sons be put to death for their fathers; everyone shall be put to death for his own sin."
B.(Ezekiel 18:20) - "The person who sins will die. The son will not bear the punishment for the father’s iniquity, nor will the father bear the punishment for the son’s iniquity; the righteousness of the righteous will be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked will be upon himself."

pizzle :p

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I did not make this thread to point out any ones logical fallacies only to present a working model of salvation.The path i laid before you worked for me and it's my belief now that i have learned much of what keeps us bound.I strongly believe that any path that leads your spirit up is a good one.What i mean by that is if you find yourself caring for others in a way unknown to you before or have that sense of brotherhood toward people and a willingness when presented with a choice to choose the comfort of others above your own personal gain then you are on a right path.Do not get bogged down in the details.Reserve judgement until the end.The next time life has beat you down to your knees again swallow your pride and call on the son.For it is in the days to come after that when the pride returns and with it delusion returns also that the walls of bondage are built up again.

But as a slogan from Alcoholics Anonymous puts it, "The challenge is not thinking less of yourself but thinking of yourself less often." Humility means not putting yourself either above or below others; it means not thinking about your position on a scale.
www.spiritualityandpractice.com... 6159
human humble humility hummus

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join