It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The challenge that will not be taken seriously by many unbelievers.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
There is undeniable proof that god does exist and when one ignores the truth there is still hope cause jesus saves.
That's right the surefire way to know that god exist is to ask him to fill your heart with his presence.
Ask in the name of jesus to be forgiven of your wordly sins and guide you as you walk on his path.
Do this with an open heart and have faith in yourself and all of his creations and you will begin to feel his grace lighting your way.
If you truly do this you will have your proof you so desire.
If you feel inclined not to take my challenge seriously then by all means bash away for i have big shoulders and can carry your load.
Is a leap of faith too big of a price to pay for your eternal salvation?
Please note that i'm not endorsing you to open the church doors on a building only to break down the walls that have been built around your temple of god.
You are the church not your neighbor or your family cause they can not drag you to salvation.When you accept this you will be lifted up in a spiritual sense.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
"But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'" luke 19:27

These are words of a tyrant! and not someone i would ever be boys with let alone be religious and spirtual with

Don't worry soon as jesus comes down and tutes your horn , i'll be on board . Please express pray messege him ya?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Thank you
This is the first time I have ever heard this before
It's truly amazing stuff my mind is completely blown away by this new information

edit on 4-12-2011 by ELahrairah because: total awe

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2
"But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'" luke 19:27

These are words of a tyrant! and not someone i would ever be boys with let alone be religious and spirtual with

Don't worry soon as jesus comes down and tutes your horn , i'll be on board . Please express pray messege him ya?

That is the wall i was speaking of but you can tear it down anytime you choose.
It's quiet easy to get bogged down in the details of the manipulated word of god.
What i'm speaking of those details don't matter when you walk with the truth for then they are seen for what they really are.
It's a feeling not something on paper.
express prayer on the way.now the next thing good that happens to you i want credit for it so i can start taking donations.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
IDK maybe ill try.. If asking for the one you call jesus was that easy then their wouldnt be anything negative going on.. You dont think people have tried to pray?? I lost my football ticket maybe i can pray for him to help me win for once.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELahrairah
Thank you
This is the first time I have ever heard this before
It's truly amazing stuff my mind is completely blown away by this new information

edit on 4-12-2011 by ELahrairah because: total awe

Hey anytime you get bored i have so much more new information never before heard for you to enjoy.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

if i pray to god i wanna make sure im not disrespecting him by adding things like

"Ask in the name of jesus"

i won't ask in the name of jesus . God is the creator of jesus ? why would i even bring up his creation? When i should directly deal with god ?

Do you see the double standards you have ? but you bypass that and go straight to "feelings"

well my friend feelings without reason and logic are emotions

emotions cloud judgement .

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Ill tell you what pray for me because that "dude" doesnt listen..

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenOhhTwo

It is that easy and it's even easier to be deceived and once your deceived you will received more delusion.
I noticed that when i pray for things worldly that i want i always get it.
Just never how or when i thought i would.
I have found that the closer to god i believe i get the closer to nature i become and my want for worldly things diminishes.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Yeah. I've asked the air to show me it's presence. Of course, I never got one.

Though, it's easy for the mind to trick you into getting that feeling. Rendering, even if it happened, still likely false.

I've also asked for more objective things. Petty things that couldn't be mistaken for attempts at self gain. Such as if he could show his existence by getting a person to use a phrase while speaking to me, that it would be very unlikely for them to say otherwise, but didn't have any effect on things. Then I'd have more than feelings to judge, actually a bit of objective(though possibly still coincidental, less likely) evidence to assess.

But, nothing.

~
Well, one time, something happened. However, it was one of many of the, far more vague attempts, and it happened in a very roundabout way. Easily coincidental, especially as it took Post Hoc reasoning to conclude it was a fulfillment.

That's the closest I've ever got. Oh, and by the way, it was towards a God that's not the one you're indorsing. It was towards a certain urban myth.

Unless you want me to believe that your god answers prayers not directed to him, but ignores the one's that are?

~
More importantly. Every God has been "proven" to various people by this method. It's because it's an easy trick of the mind. What you're proposing, is that everyone who has the experience towards different gods is crazy, while you're exact same experience is legit if it's your god.

Obviously, if "Evidence" can produce knowably false or contradictory results, there's no way to know it's other results are true. Rendering it not evidence at all. That's the proper way to use Reductio ad absurdum, unlike the usual uses of it that also suffer straw-manning.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
One thing i can promise everyone is that life is full of pain and suffering and for most of my days i have despised god for this hurt but it's the pain that makes this all real and when you have god in your heart and jesus as your truth your pain subsides a bit cause you realise that there is a greater purpose and you will start to see the lies.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
There can't be evidence of something that doesn't exist .. There can only be a desire for evidence and that pushes the mind to make connections that don't exist.. self delusion

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

I do see the double standards and they really don't bother me.

I pray in the name of jesus cause he is the truth and perfection that we have inside.Everything changed when jesus was put in between god and man.
He is the path to your salvation just ask for the sight to see truth.I shat you not

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
There is undeniable proof that god does exist and when one ignores the truth there is still hope cause jesus saves.
That's right the surefire way to know that god exist is to ask him to fill your heart with his presence.
Ask in the name of jesus to be forgiven of your wordly sins and guide you as you walk on his path.
Do this with an open heart and have faith in yourself and all of his creations and you will begin to feel his grace lighting your way.
If you truly do this you will have your proof you so desire.
If you feel inclined not to take my challenge seriously then by all means bash away for i have big shoulders and can carry your load.
Is a leap of faith too big of a price to pay for your eternal salvation?
Please note that i'm not endorsing you to open the church doors on a building only to break down the walls that have been built around your temple of god.
You are the church not your neighbor or your family cause they can not drag you to salvation.When you accept this you will be lifted up in a spiritual sense.

Good thread. This is very true. If we seek God, we are approaching Him for something we cannot do ourselves. I would add something on this that does matter to the formula of seeking. The way we judge others will always be reflected in the way we judge God. Our poor treatment of others is a symptom of a heart that cannot trust, but constantly lives in fear of authority. An empty cup needs to be filled. The way we judge others keeps us from seeing what we are truly judging, which is ourselves. We can't see a fault in others without judging ourselves equally.

There is a chapter in Matthew that answers this way of seeking. It has a requirement.

Matthew 7

1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

In verse one, we see that our answer from God will be a measure back to us according to our own pride and self-will. If we knock, the answer may be a bitter reminder of what needs to be changed. This is a sure indication that God is answering back. We must be willing to examine and renovate ourselves through God. A willingness for change is necessary. Humility is where it starts.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

A hypocrite is someone who shows duplicity. This is saying one thing but desiring another. If we seek God for reward, then the reward is what we are after. If we seek God to avoid judgment, we are seeking after ourselves again. This is duplicity. We must seek God for Himself and good for its own reward of goodness alone.

6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

God gives us what we seek. If we seek Him, we get Him and the supreme good that follows. If we seek our own selfish desires, we do not get the pearls that belong on a bride. Seeking God is seeking Him in love and adoration. Simply testing to see what we get makes God a vending machine. If we are truly asking from a heart that judges our nature and character correctly, then God will reveal His goodness to us.

Ask, Seek, Knock

7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
9 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

In other words. Seek, but be willing to treat others with a judgment that is not based on receiving for yourself. Be willing to see others as equally in need. Preserve the dignity of others and God will present the good that righteousness requires. Seek God and seek the well-being of the many--even enemies. LUKE 10

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
i have repented to jesus and subsequently redacted said repentance so many times it's unreal. usually happens within 24 hours, sometimes i do it just because i can. it's a really effective way to troll god/jesus, along with drugs, music and being a good person by your own design.

isn't there something in the bible that says if you openly deny the holy spirit you are guaranteed eternal damnation with no chance of ever being saved? that works for me, i never have to worry about being converted suddenly.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xxsomexpersonxx

See the problem i have with your statements is that your not wrong.
I know personally of these other gods however there is one true GOD just as there are more than one truth.
No amount of rational thinking will lead you to the GOD without TRUTH.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyVelveeta

isn't there something in the bible that says if you openly deny the holy spirit you are guaranteed eternal damnation with no chance of ever being saved?

The bible can speak for or against most things.
That seems like one of those walls i was talking about.
We will all sin again i'm sure of it.
Here you may enjoy this thread of mine.
Hypocrite

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Judgement now that a killer subject!
It very well could be what is holding us down.
Possibly a force that binds us to the flesh?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Our poor treatment of others is a symptom of a heart that cannot trust, but constantly lives in fear of authority.

I would have to say that a heart that can not trust is the father of authority.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
The bible can speak for or against most things.
That seems like one of those walls i was talking about.
We will all sin again i'm sure of it.
Here you may enjoy this thread of mine.
Hypocrite

interesting thread, kinda reinforces my beliefs.

everyone's a hypocrite, and in my experience especially christians. christians are the worst hypocrites, it's literally a requirement for being a christian.

don't need jesus to be a good person and live a full and functioning life. i sin. i like sinning. our sins are the only interesting thing about us and are what make us who we are. i don't know what kind of utopian tranquil existence you dream of existing in after you die and get buried in the ground, but it's one i want no part of. what do people even do in heaven anyway? just walk around high fiving each other while all the interesting smart people party? seems like fun, kinda sounds like real life come to think about it.

repenting is nothing but handing over all your independence and personal responsibility in exchange for a cheap, nasty and flawed self-help scam. if that's what god wants, then screw him. if i ever subscribe to a faith system it will be one that actually requires integrity and doesn't allow hypocrites to make s- up as they go along and distort reality even further than it already has been.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join