It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran has just shot down a US RQ-170 drone over Iran.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Iran has just shot down one of these Drones over iran.

RQ-170.

I only have a Norwagian link so far that mentions this.

www.abcnyheter.no...

Flyet, en såkalt drone av typen RQ-170, ble skutt ned øst i landet, opplyser en ikke navngitt militær kilde til den statlige fjernsynskanalen Al Alam.

It says that Iran shot down the RQ-170 drone to the east within its border.

Spionflyet, som ble skutt ned med liten skade, er konfiskert av Irans væpnede styrker, siker kilden.

The spy drone received little damage after it was shot down, and is being confiscated by the Iranian army.

Iran also threatens retaliation outside its own borders after this incident.

I guess there will be more news about this other places soon.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

More info, from a different source:

...Once again, Iran so far has produced no visual evidence to back up its claims, so we'll have to wait for photos. Incidentally, the online Press TV article also publishes the wrong photo of the RQ-170. Their image actually shows the Dassault AVE-D demonstrator.

UPDATE 2: It's important to remember that Iran has claimed UAV kills before, although never about the RQ-170. In January, Iran claimed to shoot down two UAVs, and then claimed another UAV kill in July. Iran never provided pictures or videos to back up its claims.

Flight Global: "The DEW Line"

edit on Sun 4 December 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Cool, violating their airspace, excellent. Would the US allow drones to be flown over their citys by iran? I dont think so, it is all still BS in my opinion though, i am sure there will be some propoganda to follow shortly from the mainstream mindless drones(pun intended) on the news.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Sounds like the U.S. are baiting Iran to help the West push for war.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Well it shouldn't be a problem for Iran to produce some good images of this drone. They say it came down with little damage.

PS. The news is about 45 min. old.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

They say it came down with little damage.

Yes, that's the claim. Due to ECM (Electronic Countermeasures).

We will see. Even if they interfered somehow with the UAV's electronics and control, they wouldn't have been able to fly it themselves, to a safe and intact landing.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well good, any nation would shoot down another nations spy drones. It's how the world works.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Anyone think this is intentional to get it into places we aren't supposed to see?

I wouldn't be surprised if it sends back telemetry and then ends up exploding in some "secret" facility.
edit on 4-12-2011 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Well there goes a few million dollars...and a few billion in the future when this whole thing kicks off for real!

This is just pathetic...the U.S. is just begging for war now!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Enough of the sabre rattling.... Let's get this world war started already so we can get the world economy going again.

Love,
The global banking elite

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Its fairly obvious Iran is no Iraq and fairly obvious, this country is more armed then we think. I think Russia and China are probably secretly arming them.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
u.s regime are power freaks. "we can do what we want, but everyone else has to follow the rules" they need to be destroyed. a danger to the whole world they are

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Here is the BBC News link:

Iranians claim to down US drone

The US should not have drones flying over Iran, they [Iran] are well within their rights to shoot any down.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
sky news is also stating that paticurlar model of drone.
news.sky.com...
how do they know for certain if the U.S have'nt confirmed this yet.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I guess the drone flew into Iran from Afghanistan. Afghanistan is just to the east of Iran and the US do have the RQ-170 stationed there.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by P12SOLD
Its fairly obvious Iran is no Iraq and fairly obvious, this country is more armed then we think. I think Russia and China are probably secretly arming them.

"Iraq Shoots Down U.S. Unmanned Drone, An Iraqi plane shot down an unmanned U.S. Predator drone in the southern no-fly zone Monday, the Pentagon said." (from 02)

Also the US shot down an Iranian drone over Iraq last year.

Normal games.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

I guess the drone flew into Iran from Afghanistan. Afghanistan is just to the east of Iran and the US do have the RQ-170 stationed there.

due to malfunction it went out of course.....

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv

due to malfunction it went out of course.....

It could be a flight error
Who knows...... i guess the media will have a field day with this event.

But i think if this is true it wont take long before we see the drone with Iran's national guard posing eagerly beside their trophy.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

It could be a flight error
Who knows...... i guess the media will have a field day with this event.

But i think if this is true it wont take long before we see the drone with Iran's national guard posing eagerly beside their trophy.

I agree, this is where one of ATS's famous rules apply....

Pics... or it didn't happen

Back on topic, if it did happen then Iran were well within their rights of course and it is an act of war by the Americans. It also shows the Iranians are prepared and can defend their airspace, unlike Pakistan of late

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join