It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War in the USA! Should the Hoarding of more than 7 days of any resource be outlawed?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Explanation: So there is now a ground war in existence at CONUS!

I provide the following credible [imo] evidence for that here ... [be glad that I am not linking Ocuupy threads ok!
]

The entire United States is now a war zone: S.1867 passes the Senate with massive support. (by purplemer posted on 2-12-2011 @ 04:40 PM) [ATS]

And ...

Senators Demand the Military Lock Up American Citizens in a “Battlefield” They Define as Being Right Outside Your Window. (by phishyblankwaters posted on 25-11-2011 @ 12:15 PM) [ATS]

NOTE: This thread is not a place to debunk the above claims at all!! Go debunk them in those threads FIRST and then link that debunking in here!

Now on to Hoarding issues ... and it IS an issue!

Here is why ...

Disturbing Bill Against Survivalists/Preppers. (by WatchRider posted on 29-11-2011 @ 07:59 PM) [ATS]

Have 7 or more days of food stored - You are a suspect terrorist!

And also ...

61 Senators Betrayed You Today: Having More Than 7 Days Of Food Or Missing Fingers Makes You A Suspected Terrorist. (by vesqui1990 posted on 3-12-2011 @ 01:19 PM) [ATS]

Now any resource can be swapped for food and viceversa and this would enable the rich to outlive the poor and thats just not fair [when all the currency that made them rich was FAKE fiated funny money to begin with]!!!

So to ensure a FAIR distribution of collective national PAIN AND SUFFERING ... which is why Hoarding laws exist in the 1st place

I recommend that anybody who has more than 7days worth of any wealth*** and or reasources during these harsh times of WAR be declared a CRIMINAL Hoarder and that all their EXCESSIVE resources confiscated by the Federal Government of CONUS without recourse for any compensation!

*** = 7days of wealth [including all savings and investments] based upon the average median household income earned currently [as of 2006 census] in the USA and this was chosen to negate any disparity accorded by various demographics such as race, age and or gender.

Household income in the United States [wiki]

Yearly income =

In 2006, the "real" (adjusted for inflation) median annual household income rose 1.3% to $50,233.00 according to the Census Bureau.

... and I [my thread remember ok] am willing to be generous and set a level of $52,000 as the value used, which results in a nice round figure of $1000/week per household (before tax) and working off of an average household population of 2 adults and 2 children this would break down into ...

($1000 / 4 persons) = $250 / week per person!

What do my fellow members think of this proposal and can they please detail any consequences of adopting such a proposal and enforcing it to its extreme ends?

Personal Disclosure: And the "BS! I am BETTER than you mob" arrives in 3 ... 2... 1...

edit on 4-12-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to truncate title for clarity. :shk: sorry

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
that's crazy.
NO.
Some of us can our own hard worked for garden food and raise our own cattle, etc.
It's not hoarding, it's healthy and economical.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
impossible to enforce and lets just see them try
They dont stand a chance

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Could you kindly post a link to where in the bill this is stated, it appears you are simply repeating misinformation you read on other sites. From another discussion on this:

"This may be a case where someone is purchasing or stealing explosives, weapons or ammunition. It could be the unusual purchase or storage of fertilizer or harmful chemicals.

Terrorists would also find it useful to acquire law enforcement equipment and identification, military uniforms and decals, as well as flight passes, badges or even flight manuals. Terrorists often use false or stolen identification documents including passports and driver licenses. They may try to produce counterfeit identification by photocopying. Any of these items would make it easier to gain entrance to secured or prohibited areas."

Nowhere does it mention that having a 7 day supply of food is cause for alarm.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

Explanation: Thanks for your reply!

If one is only willing to help themself out then IMO they are not partaking in society and in fact are a parasite feeding upon that society and parasites during a time of WAR are clearly a present and dangerous liability!

Isn't a time of war the time to band together and help one another out by sharing the pain and suffering?

Or what the hell is the War being fought for .. or more precisely WHO is UNFAIRLY benefiting from it?

Personal Disclosure: This thread IS COMPLETELY 100% about the SOCIALIZATION of the USA's economic pain and suffering during a WAR on the homesoil ok!

Capitalism and self interest have NO place here!

edit on 4-12-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to add 'unfairly' for clarity.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
If anything the government should be promoting the having of 1-2 weeks food on hand.

Doesn't FEMA and the Red Cross recommend 2-3 days of 'food stored away' for emergencies?

But it would be too easy to find people to arrest for this:

I mean seriously how many people get paid at the start and middle of the month, who then either buy food in bulk a day or so after being paid?

This sort of law won't fly.

M.

link   
Sound's like just another excuse for the law enforcement to enter your house, trample on your rights, and to help meet their quotas.

link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Explanation: Thanks for the reply!

This thread isn't about what is doable or enforcable!

It is about what is right to do regardless!

Please don't get confused ok!

Personal Disclosure:
You didn't answer whether YOU agree with the recommendation proposed!

Please address that issue specifically asap! Thank you!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Great post!

Has ATS been hacked? My ribbon is displaying avatars, and the quote button is a pic of a ballet dancer.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The problem with this is that ANYthing can be considered hoarding. Gold/silver/money/canned food/water/cloths/electronics/anything. If you have 2 salt and pepper shakers then you are a hoarded. This law should be outlawed and the people who proposed it put in jail forever! The law doesn't say just canned food. it's everything.

You could also look at it as any Rich person, the 1%, is a hoarder and all of their wealth should be seized. These should be the first people taken care of by this law. but it won't happen. they will come after all of you first. Hell, if you have a business your a hoarder because who needs 100 pair of nike shoes? or 100 issues of a comic book. Grocery stores are hoarders because they throw food away every day, same as your local coffee shop or burger place.

This law is stupid!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod

Could you kindly post a link to where in the bill this is stated, it appears you are simply repeating misinformation you read on other sites. From another discussion on this:

"This may be a case where someone is purchasing or stealing explosives, weapons or ammunition. It could be the unusual purchase or storage of fertilizer or harmful chemicals.

Terrorists would also find it useful to acquire law enforcement equipment and identification, military uniforms and decals, as well as flight passes, badges or even flight manuals. Terrorists often use false or stolen identification documents including passports and driver licenses. They may try to produce counterfeit identification by photocopying. Any of these items would make it easier to gain entrance to secured or prohibited areas."

Nowhere does it mention that having a 7 day supply of food is cause for alarm.

Explanation: No!

Here is why ...

NOTE: This thread is not a place to debunk the above claims at all!! Go debunk them in those threads FIRST and then link that debunking in here!

Personal Disclosure: This thread is about any and all resources and not just the one's mentioned in any bills.

Please stay On Topic OK!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

It's not bothering anyone that the premise of the thread is false?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

they might as well tell us brushing our teeth is against the law, no one is going to care about hoarding 7 days worth of food.

most american food is well processed and chemically enhanced to last so long, that most of the food in an american's fridge or pantry will last much longer than 7 days after purchase anyhow.

not to mention we have boyscouts, avid outdoors men and the like who normally keep their camping gear well organized along with dehydrated foods and other long lasting camping foods.

and as i mentioned, this is not a rational law. no one is going to care.

but it makes me wonder, why would they issue such a ridiculous thing? what is the motive for this? alot of thinking should go into these thoughts because the answers might be truely 'evil'!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
ah, i see there is some debate on wether or not the bill actually states the wording of the original post's title. regardless i still hold my beliefs based on the original post as a theoretical situation or a real one

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

If anything the government should be promoting the having of 1-2 weeks food on hand.

I agree ... but that is a topic for another thread!

This thread is not about what the government should be promoting but is about about what the governement should be enforcing!

Doesn't FEMA and the Red Cross recommend 2-3 days of 'food stored away' for emergencies?

I have no idea and 2-3 days of food is within the limits imposed by the proposal and so wouldn't become an issue.

Personal Disclosure: It doesn't matter whether it would work or not ... this thread is about whether it is the right thing to do from an ethical economic point of view!

Do you agree with the proposal?

It appears that you don't but you didn't specifically address that!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Then I'm an outlaw because I've canned my veggies from my garden and have a year's supply of tomato sauce? Give me a ticket, come arrest me....the Veggie Outlaw, that's me. Ridiculous!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by emaildogs
Great post!

Has ATS been hacked? My ribbon is displaying avatars, and the quote button is a pic of a ballet dancer.

Explanation: Thanks for your reply! St*rred for the support!

Personal Disclosure: Please bring that issue to the attention of the ATS moderators in the Board & Business Questions forum [ATS] ok!

I haven't got that issue myself and this thread is not the place to discuss such matters!

I hope the issue is resolved for you asap!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by theclutch

This proposal is not yet a law and if you want to discuss the actual legalities of the bills recently passed by the US Senate then I can only direct you to those threads I linked in the OP for you to go to and discuss those issues there ok!

Personal Disclosure: You make some very important points and I encourage you to go to those threads and make your case there! Good luck!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

Explanation: Thank your for both of your replies!

Again this thread is not about the current bills that have passed the US Senate recently!

This thread IS about a proposal that I have made in relation to the economics of fairness in regards to hoarding any resource in times of war on the US homesoil and what would the potential outcomes of that be!

Personal Disclosure: Again I direct any member who wishes to discuss the current LAWS legality etc. go to the threads provided in the OP for that purpose! Thank you!

P.S. As for not caring ...

If one is only willing to help themself out then IMO they are not partaking in society and in fact are a parasite feeding upon that society and parasites during a time of WAR are clearly a present and dangerous liability!

Isn't a time of war the time to band together and help one another out by sharing the pain and suffering?

Or what the hell is the War being fought for .. or more precisely WHO is UNFAIRLY benefiting from it?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The hoarding of food of more than 7 days is a NWO government Trick on the American public and I will explain my concern in case you haven't really pondered much or given any meaningful consideration to what this crazy law means in other ways not yet being discussed any where on the web.

By introducing such legislation it places the government and the enforcement arm that will enforce these violations is a position to appear legally acting on the interests of the public, when in reality, such draconian laws will only provide the all ready out of control government and those within it that will abuse such legislation to create a way, any way to declare you a criminal, so that they can feed you to the NWO prison complex system that awaits you.

Think for a moment about what I am going to provide you as an example of how easy it will be to declare anyone a criminal under this recent legislation.

Buying a typical 10 lb bag of common Idaho potatoes has the real potential to make you a criminal under this law because of course potatoes last longer than 7 days depending on how you use them as do many vegetables and melons and so forth.

Then we have left food overs and items in the freezer.

Are we now to construe as a result of this most recent legislation that keeping anything in the freezer could now be considered a criminal offense? I mean, really, could a Popsicle become a criminal offense used to fine you or arrest you?

Well, as anyone can see, there are too many ways that this stupid law can be used to declare you a criminal and that is what this law is all about. Finding ways to incarcerate everyone while feeding a system of greed and profits built on the pain and suffering of innocent victims.

This recent legislation did not have anything to with hoarding food as you and I would define it, but with setting a 7 day limit to stored foods, it in effects outlaws freezers and dry storage and canning your own fruits and vegetables.

What's next? TSA checking the canning goods department and freezer bag departments with constant surveillance for potential terrorist?

Anyway, I hope I have given you something else to consider besides all the typical gibberish that such a bill generated, because we as a nation need to be discussing much more than the brain dead subject matter the media is providing regarding this matter.

We need to be discussing what we are going to do about it because to do nothing is exactly what they NWO already think we will do. This is why they act so arrogant with the passage of such draconian anti-freedom legislation.

Lastly, we need to find a way to not only get rid of such legislation, but to hold accountable every politician that voted for its legislative approval.

Thanks again for the thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join