It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senators Demand the Military Lock Up American Citizens in a “Battlefield” They Define as Being R

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+121 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Senators Demand the Military Lock Up American Citizens in a “Battlefield” They Define as Being Right Outside Your Window

The Senate is going to vote on whether Congress will give this president—and every future president — the power to order the military to pick up and imprison without charge or trial civilians anywhere in the world. Even Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) raised his concerns about the NDAA detention provisions during last night’s Republican debate. The power is so broad that even U.S. citizens could be swept up by the military and the military could be used far from any battlefield, even within the United States itself.

In support of this harmful bill, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) explained that the bill will “basically say in law for the first time that the homeland is part of the battlefield” and people can be imprisoned without charge or trial “American citizen or not.” Another supporter, Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) also declared that the bill is needed because “America is part of the battlefield.”

Source

What the hell?? How can they possibly think this is a good idea.

Better yet, who exactly are they considering terrorists now?

edit on 25-11-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Fri Nov 25 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+50 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
WTH indeed!!! you guys really need to rein your government in, they are getting wildly out of control.
How in the hell can the U.S gov pass laws that apply in other countries?!?

I don't want marines kicking my door in and 'arresting' me here in Australia. I'd like to think my fellow Australians would step in and hang them! Infact if they were to do this in most countries it would be an act of War.

Doing it in America is bad enough but to suggest that they intend on doing it anywhere in the world to non-U.S citizens is just the height of arrogance. They should be arrested for even suggesting it!

1984 anyone?

Does strapping explosives to your chest still sound like a crazy defensive stratedgy?
edit on 25-11-2011 by Raivan31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
gee all's quiet in my neck of the woods, thought I hear a missle flying over head this morning, but really think it was just a plane... no gunfire heard, outside of at a few malls, all the buildings are still intact.....
so, where's the battlefield exactly?? seems like before they started talking about rounded up americans in their backyards, well, they'd at least make sure that there was a battle being fought?? only battle I know of is maybe along the border, and hey, that one, the gov't has played a big part in creating....so, well, where's the battlefield precisely...

they keep this crap up, america is gonna end up being a battlefield!!!!

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Go#amn it, i mean honestly, why cant we just implement citizens arrest on these fools that say they rep us.

Tar & feather, leave em in the middle of nowhere with one box of matches and a dead cellphone.

I mean the civil unrest from these weekly Cupcake Wars is intense but no need to declare it a battlefield.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Didn't they learn anything from the Japanese internment camps of World War II. Apparently not.
Be seeing you...

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedbeardedFoo
Tar & feather, leave em in the middle of nowhere with one box of matches and a dead cellphone.

Make that drawn and quartered, expelled from the universe, and a dozen lit m80's protruding from every orifice, and you got yourself a deal.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
[color=mediumorchid]One more step in becoming a full on police state.

I am not surprised by this news in the least.

Go America.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Just another step towards the end goal - WORLD DOMINATION MUHAHAHA!

I wonder, do these people actually hear what they are saying? I mean, just reading that sounds absurd!

And what battlefield?! The most 'battling' that has occurred here was 911...and that wasn't really a battle - it just happened!!! They cant be talking about the OWS, as its all police flexing the arm, so from they're point - that situation is 'contained'

As posted above: WTH?!?

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Didn't they learn anything from the Japanese internment camps of World War II. Apparently not. Be seeing you...

Yeah really, and now we know what those forced civilian inmate labor camps are all about.

My suggestion? Label anyone demanding this as a terrorist themselves as they clearly pose a danger to freedom and security, then apply this very law against them.

It will be a cold day in Halifax before an American "arrests" me on Canadian soil, you really have no clue. Sure, we're friendly, our women are gorgeous, and we have some of the best beer this side of Belgium, mark my words, Canadians will stand up and fight back.

What other nation on earth can claim to have stormed the Whitehouse and burned it to the ground?

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Our owners are getting tired of the ruse we are free... no one believes it any more.

Now shut up and sit down slave!

Be afraid, watch your TV and do as your told.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Another reason why Ron Paul needs to be elected. WAKE UP AMERICANS.

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Still determined to stay peaceful?
Still hoping that camping in a park with signs is going to change anything?

"It worked in Egypt!"......no. It didn't. Armed protesting (as in armed but still peaceful) may get you somewhere....but not to the core.

"But being violent only plays into their hands!" So does sitting on you're a$$ shouting "this isn't fair!" Martial law will come to America. It may be under a different name but the actions will be the same.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well if this even makes it through then the rumors are true.

We have no Constitution anymore.
Due process is gone.

My opinion is this should be taken more seriously than anything else.

But people will ignore it...
...or just be oblivious to it.

All I can say is...."Come get some"

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
So the source you provided lead me to a blog and the blogs source was the Washington post and this bill sounds like nothing you're telling me.

The overall bill totals $663 billion and would authorize spending for military personnel, weapons systems and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan in the fiscal year that began Oct. 1. The committee had approved the bill in June but met behind closed doors Tuesday to cut about $21 billion to fulfill new budget requirements.

WP
edit on 11/25/2011 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Internet censorship, increased surveillance, a full on assault on the Constitution, and now American citizens possibly being imprisoned with no trial. The New World Order seems to be right on schedule.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
If this bill passed, do you think we could clean up the battlefield in Washington DC? I could foresee this being used against the very men that voted for it, in a best case scenario. As iI understand it, our army men stand behind the 99%.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

One more step in becoming a full on police state.

I am not surprised by this news in the least.
You read my mind. We've been incrimentally heading towards a police state since 9/11. The unconstitutional Patriot Act which is really the exact opposite of patriotic, the TSA which violates the 4th Amendment and is now beginning to pop up in highway checkpoints like Nazi Germany, a police force which has been becoming increasingly militarized, now there are even talks of internet censorship and imprisoning Americans without a trial like this is North Korea.

Go America.

edit on 25-11-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
WTH indeed!!! you guys really need to rein your government in, they are getting wildly out of control.
How in the hell can the U.S gov pass laws that apply in other countries?!?

I don't want marines kicking my door in and 'arresting' me here in Australia. I'd like to think my fellow Australians would step in and hang them! Infact if they were to do this in most countries it would be an act of War.

Doing it in America is bad enough but to suggest that they intend on doing it anywhere in the world to non-U.S citizens is just the height of arrogance. They should be arrested for even suggesting it!

*Mexican accent ensues: Hey, we don't need no stinking laws to keel people from other countries. We've been doing it for more than 200 years and it works good ese'.

/sarcasm

Does strapping explosives to your chest still sound like a crazy defensive stratedgy?

Yes it does. Defending oneself from an attack and blowing up a bunch of innocent civilians are worlds apart. I would rather die myself from inaction than take the life of an innocent. My government may be loaded with cold-blooded murderers but I'm not, nor would most people be, one of them.

If anyone wants to bust down my door in the middle of the night and carry me off to some detention camp or worse, then I hope they have made their peace with God because a few of them will be meeting Him directly. See my avatar.

This is an egregious violation of the 5th Amendment! Senator Graham (who really should come out of the closet if he's going to be honest) is scum. He's been called a RINO, but this goes way beyond RINO. This is Treason.

*17 flags and few replies. Looks like people are taking this seriously and don't want to be targeted. Personally, I don't care. I make my living shooting off my mouth. I chose this profession because when you boil it all down, the truth is the only thing of value in the world. I will continue to speak it until I am silenced; I will NEVER shut up because of fear for my personal safety.

Come get some, bitches.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
As they Super Committee failed and the automatic stops kick in Congress created.....

People will stop getting Food Stamps, military retirements, va disability, Federal Retirements, etc.......

And out of the woodwork will come millions of voices pointing fingers and calling out Generals, Admirals, Senators, politicians....Federal Employees......Bankers......who've all been robbing America blind.

To silence those voices and attempt to keep the US Federal Government in existence.......they'll have to resort to Fascism x1000.

The Nation exists because of Titles of Land. Citizens rights to own land. They've been robbed. Very Very few hold titles to Land now....eventually the fine thread will snap and everyone will demand their Rights back.

They lost their Right to be a Human because of the prior Generation giving themselves lavish Retirements. +70 million Baby Boomers all getting Federal Retirements, Military Retirements, Social Security, Medicare.......

Somebody's gotta lose to fund all that.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Explanation: S&F! [Edited to add im an idiot for confusing 2011 for 2012 ... DO NOT STAR THIS POST! :shk:
but I will leave it up for consumption anyway. My apologies! ]

I have hunted the 'bill' down and provide it for consumption here ...

Hunting Grounds: National Defense Authorization Act [wiki]

NOTE!: Extreme Caution as the link below is a .pdf file and autoloads in adobe! At your own risk!

National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011 (from the Congressional Budget Office) [gpo.gov]

And the terms to search for in the above .pdf document are found in this .pdf document below ...

NOTE!: Extreme Caution as the link below is a .pdf file and autoloads in adobe! At your own risk!

RE: Judiciary Committee Should Assert Its Jurisdiction Over Those Aspects of the Detention Authority Provisions in S. 1253, the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 (Sections 1031,1032, and 1036), That Affect Civilians Who Are Otherwise Outside of Military Control, Including Civilians Within the United States Itself. (by Laura W. Murphy and Christopher E. Anders July 1, 2011) [aclu.org]

Personal Disclosure: Feed Yourselves My Pretty Ones! FEED!

edit on 25-11-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to add the edit becuase Im an idiot.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join