It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has it ever been this bad?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I suspect that it has been this bad in the past, but has it really?

I suspect that things have looked this grim in terms of war before, and I suspect that things have looked this bad in terms of an economic collapse. This more and more these days looks like what I've studied about in the Depression and WWII.

But I look back and it just seems like Hitler was crazy, not every leader on the planet. We had planes and bombs, but we didn't have the proliferation of nukes like we do now. So is it really all that bad, or is it a lot worse?

Einstein said he didn't know what WW3 would be fought with, but we'd be using sticks and stones in WW4. So, is he maybe right? And are we maybe actually seeing the days when this comes about?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

I wouldnt be living in a major city thats for sure.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I think Einstiein was wrong and there won't be a www4, 3 will have the outcome of the movie "On the Beach" and there will be no one left, doesn't matter if you avoid a certain city or country.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I bet it's been this bad before, but I don't believe there has ever been so many people fighting to keep what they've worked so hard for.

Everyone on Earth has the right to be comfortable. We've come too far to have people living on the streets and going hungry. It just shouldn't be happening whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Depends what you mean really.

For most things are still pretty good when considered against history. Considering right now, yes, in fact things have been a lot worse.

However if you are talking about the fantasy underpinning our wealth, how the dominos are arranged and whats about to unfold in the coming few years then, no.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
step away from the computer for a week. I lost power for a week after hurricane irene, and it was nice to get away from all the bad news and paranoia and fear mongering and 1 hour news cycles

of course it has been worse

read up on 1929 - 1945

but you knew that

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I don't know how bad it was in the past, but one thing I do know is that it is certainly never a boring day in our present times!

When the going gets tough, only the tough gets going. So depending on how much you value this precious life you have, it will result in how tough you want to be, to ensure your own survival.

Wars are dependent on men to fight them. If mankind down weapons, there will be no wars. Therefore if you value life, then you must work hard to prevent war.

Alone, you and I can't change even the direction of buzzing bee. But when combined with our families, relatives and friends, using every social media known to humanity such as facebook and twitter to reach out to others around the world, you and I can prevent wars from happening, for despite our differences, we mankind do share common aims of love, peace, justice, equality, prosperity, progress and freedom.

It begins today with you and me, over what we do, not just here, but out in the world.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I think that it has been just as bad if not worse. However it seems that with satillite communication and instant news that it seems much worse. Plus these days the MSM tends to blow things out of proportion in order to sensationalize and improve their ratings.They also seem to like to make things up that aren't true. Witness fox news who got caught at it. Don't believe everything you see or read.

edit on 12/4/2011 by lonegurkha because: Lord please help me to learn to spell

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
step away from the computer for a week. I lost power for a week after hurricane irene, and it was nice to get away from all the bad news and paranoia and fear mongering and 1 hour news cycles

of course it has been worse

read up on 1929 - 1945

but you knew that

It will be worse this time.
Now there is about 100 trillion dollars worth of nonexistent speculative capital with no-backup and no country wants to take it. This was disallowed back then. In fact, until Nixon and friends got Bretton Woods together in 72...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kokatsi

Not to mention that last time 99% of the population not only knew how to hunt and grow/preserve food but actually did it. Now, being prepared and knowledgeable is uncool/frowned upon. The average household (US) has 5 days worth of food and almost as many communication devices. Imagine what would happen if the most delicate and fragile system the world has ever been dependent on went down and you had a couple hundred million people with no food, skills, reality TV and ability to text and twee, all hungry, scared and angry at the same time.

top topics

join