It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The thread that will never get a real answer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
THE GREATEST HOAX ON MANKIND
IS THAT YOUR GOVERNMENT KNOWS
GOD IS REAL!

NOT ONLY DOES GOD REALLY EXIST, BUT...

"YOU" ARE THAT "GOD"!

ARE YOU SHOCKED? ARE YOU ANGRY? YOU SHOULD BE!

IT IS "YOU" WHO HAS THE POWER!

THEY TRICKED YOU THAT YOU WERE POWERLESS!

BY SAYING THAT "GOD DOESN'T EXIST", YOU ARE SAYING THAT "YOU" DON'T EXIST"!

EVEN "ABOVE TOP SECRET" ARE IN ON THE "HOAX"! THIS IS BEING DONE FOR
THE EARTH'S POPULATIONS OWN GOOD. THE SHOCK WOULD BE TOO MUCH FOR MOST
PEOPLE!

ONE DAY ATS WILL CLOSE THE RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION SECTION OF ITS SITE
STATING THAT "YOU" ARE "GOD".

EACH INDIVIDUAL EVER BORN AND YET TO BE BORN ON EARTH IS UNKNOWINGLY
AN EXACT SPIRITUAL ENERGY REFLECTION "HOLOGRAM" OF THE LIGHT
OF THE "ONE" GOD!

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Is thought a real thing? Thought is obviously a real thing. Anything you think is real "within" your imagination because thought itself is real. ie: imagine within your mind a picture of the moon. The thought within your head is real and as real as the moon you see in the sky, but in a different way. Ergo, both are real.

Human beings label everything so as to identify it and share it with others. All things labeled are "real" even if only as a "thought" or concept.

Because human beings have labeled the "thought" or concept of an all knowing being as GOD, that therefore proves God is real if even only as a thought.

If you think about what I'm saying, it does prove the question asked. "Prove that God is real"

As to proving whether I believe in fairy tales or not... well thats just asking too much.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by neotech1neothink

"YOU" ARE THAT "GOD"!

WOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!

So I created everything with a single spoken sentence??

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by manna2

Originally posted by polarwarrior

Originally posted by manna2
reply to [url= by Prezbo369[/url]

ROFLOL
Did you really just claim that the closest to and absolute in science that we have is a theory? lol, good one!
Sorry dude, if it was an absolute it would not be called a theory.
ty, I bow out to that logic.

The jokes on you buddy. The term "scientific theory" doesn't mean what you think it would in lay mans terms. Most people use the word theory for a completely different meaning in day to day speech. Words often have multiple meanings. In a scientific context the word "theory" is reserved for hypothesis which have been proven, once it has been proven it becomes a "theory".
edit on 4-12-2011 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

And yet it is not proven, it's a theory.
There are no transition fossils showing a rabbit to a bird, or an ape to a man.
Yes, you have a neandertal, and on the other end you have a man. Then the rest is guesswork and theory.
Big difference between macro and micro.

Big difference between learning about science in church/mosque/temple and learning it in the classroom too

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Puck 22
Trick question.
I prefer 'Can God make a plastic trash bag so strong even He can not poke his finger through it?

Yes it is a trick, on you.
He is perfect in His ways and thoughts.
The idea will never even be a possibility to cross His mind.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

I know, I know.
The dumbing down of the populace is amazing to think about. I agree with you on that one.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frira

Actually, No.

The water tight-- airtight, even!...........

Read 'most' watertight

Evolution has observable evidence, but can not be repeated by experiment.

Actually, No.

DNA sequencing adds evidence to support the theory, but also leaves questions regarding the original concept of the theory and so the theory is continuously adapting to support new evidence. That is scientific, and the marks of a good theory, but it is not, yet, airtight.

"As proof goes, its the most water tight proof we have ever discovered"

It was science and not religion which developed a new theory that the planets, including the earth, orbited the sun. Again, cultures (including religions) adapted.

Modern geocentrism lives on in christian, jewish and muslim 'culture', being taught as truth in churches and the like, for the same reasons they teach misinformation about evolution. It directly contradicts religious scripture, and nothing else.

Note about the Flat Earth: Culture had a problem with a spherical world, but not so much the world's religions.

Actually, No.

Religion has always had a massive problem with a spherical world:

Isaiah 11:12
And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH. (KJV)
Revelation 7:1
And after these things I saw four angels standing on FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree. (KJV)
Job 38:13
That it might take hold of the ENDS OF THE EARTH, that the wicked might be shaken out of it? (KJV)
Jeremiah 16:19
O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ENDS OF THE EARTH, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit. (KJV)
Daniel 4:11
The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached unto heaven, and the sight thereof to the ENDS OF ALL THE EARTH: (KJV)

So now we have a major perspective shift. It upsets some (hardly all) Jews, Christians and Muslims, because they had taken part of the Creation story to mean something other than what is intended.

Similarly, some have taken the first "day" of creation's "Let there be light..." to refer to the sun; but perhaps it refers to the release of energy in the Big Bang? But then again, perhaps it refers to the spiritual Reality, and not at all to the material creation.

Or maybe it means exactly what was written, which would be crazy I know......evolution directly contradicts the abrahamic religions from the very first page of the old testament. This upsets the majority of religious people as seen in this and many other threads on these boards.

For over a thousand years, one culture would enslave another culture, certain that their own culture was superior and the only "true humans" (and, for example, at least one American Indian tribe's name means just that). But before science could show us that we are all related back to about 60,000 years ago, culture had already begun to adapt to the concept that all races are equally human-- equally deserving of respect.

That American Indian tribe was then probably exterminated during the following holocaust by the christian settlers.......

Need I point out that religion, and religious people, had very much to do with bringing about that true cultural concept-shift, before science entered the argument?

This I find particularly preposterous, considering the old testaments writings on slavery and the fact that the major opposition to the civil rights act and the abolishment of slavery, was from religious people. We came to adapt to the concept that all races are equally human -equally deserving of respect- inspite of religion and religious people.

edit on 5-12-2011 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2011 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

The four corners of the earth refer to the four cardinal directions (or points) of earth.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence
reply to [url= by Prezbo369[/url]

The four corners of the earth refer to the four cardinal directions (or points) of earth.

Then why didn't the passages quoted say "the four directions of the earth"? it was perfectly within the authors capability.

This is one of those situations where if the world had indeed been found to be a flat, square planet, proponents of the bible would be claiming it was a divine revelation. But as its not, we get "oh no it actually means something completely different"

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp
reply to post by Akragon

I have no intention of bribing you... You understand or you don't, thats just the way it is... Those that walk with me understand the path, those that follow have yet to learn what is needed... Its your choice... One that no one can make for you
You have to bribe me or scare me, thats how religion works.

Clearly you can see im not part of any religion..

Im telling you that you have a choice, and i couldn't care less what your choice is...

Religon tells you follow us or burn... Im telling you, this is the path... You don't have to believe it, but listen to your heart and "see" what is truth...

Big difference my friend...

You will not find an ounce of "religion" in me... I am who i am... and nothing more

you say you are clearly not part of any religion,and you have not one ounce of religion in you,however you quote from religious text as if it is truth. Your a hypocrite. Tell me something my friend, you say you know who you are. Tell us. Tell us who you are.
edit on 5-12-2011 by Theophorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence

No, the earth actually does have corners. This planet is a very, very rounded tetrahedron, and has four corners, points at which the average elevation is highest. The are where the tetrahedral geometry would dictate. I have a clipping around here somewhere telling where they are exactly.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Again... how does evolution disprove "god" and how would a spiritual existence disprove evolution? Nobody ever seems comfortable answering this question and it's almost like people don't hear it when I ask it; I just see their eyes glaze over then they start going in circles again as if I hadn't asked it.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by cuervo
Again... how does evolution disprove "god" and how would a spiritual existence disprove evolution? Nobody ever seems comfortable answering this question and it's almost like people don't hear it when I ask it; I just see their eyes glaze over then they start going in circles again as if I hadn't asked it.

from a material view, matter changes. " evolves " . Material things are always evolving, or changing into different things. Water becomes ice. Ice becomes steam.mountains become valleys. Material things have parts. That which has parts can be taken apart, or broken down on to smaller parts. Spiritual things have no parts and are the whole of themselves. Spirit can never be anything other than what it is. Spirit can not evolve.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theophorus

from a material view, matter changes. " evolves " . Material things are always evolving, or changing into different things. Water becomes ice. Ice becomes steam.mountains become valleys. Material things have parts. That which has parts can be taken apart, or broken down on to smaller parts. Spiritual things have no parts and are the whole of themselves. Spirit can never be anything other than what it is. Spirit can not evolve.

That is debatable and, in my experience, completely untrue. The spirit evolves and that is actually a center focus for many belief systems that incorporate reincarnation. Your consciousness has no moving parts yet you learn and evolve on a conscious level day-to-day. The same can be applied to the spirit. Spiritually, we are a much more evolved (some would say devolved in certain aspects) than we were as a species millions of years ago.

Again, one does not debunk the other but actually works in tandem quite nicely. Unless, of course, your religious or scientific dogma prevents you from accepting that.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp
reply to post by Akragon

I have no intention of bribing you... You understand or you don't, thats just the way it is... Those that walk with me understand the path, those that follow have yet to learn what is needed... Its your choice... One that no one can make for you
You have to bribe me or scare me, thats how religion works.

Clearly you can see im not part of any religion..

Im telling you that you have a choice, and i couldn't care less what your choice is...

Religon tells you follow us or burn... Im telling you, this is the path... You don't have to believe it, but listen to your heart and "see" what is truth...

Big difference my friend...

You will not find an ounce of "religion" in me... I am who i am... and nothing more

you say you are clearly not part of any religion,and you have not one ounce of religion in you,however you quote from religious text as if it is truth. Your a hypocrite. Tell me something my friend, you say you know who you are. Tell us. Tell us who you are.

i say im not religious because i don't affiliate myself with anyone... I am a part of our race and nothing more...

I quote religous text because i study them, its a hobby i enjoy. I believe in some of the texts because love can't be denied... and the man teaches just that.

Religion affiliates itself with set beliefs... my beliefs change as i find new truths. Though i admit my beliefs haven't changed in many years.

Religion expects you to follow.... I follow no man alive or dead. And i ask no one to believe what i do...

You can call me whatever you like, i assure you... i've been called worse, but i love you and everyone else just the same.

Though remember, your opinion of me is your judgement not mine... it doesn't affect me in the least

You ask who i am... I will tell you.

I am who i am

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

How can you possibly know if a spirit evolves or not?

The spirit evolves as you learn in your life... Animals also have a spirit, so do trees, plants and all life.... but do you believe they will remain trees and animals once they pass? I do not... they will progress to a "higher" form of life once their experience is over in this incarnation...

Yes my friend, the spirit evolves

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Think really hard on this one. You'll get get. SPIRIT CAN NOT EVOLVE!. How can it? It has nothing to evolve into. Something that has no shape,size,weight,color,mass, can not become something else.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Knowledge has nothing to do with the physical and everything to do with spirit. Your confusing knowledge gained or knowledge lost with evolution. Only something physical can evolve. Knowledge is not physical. CLEAR?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

Think really hard on this one. You'll get get. SPIRIT CAN NOT EVOLVE!. How can it? It has nothing to evolve into. Something that has no shape,size,weight,color,mass, can not become something else.

This isn't hard my friend...

Does your mind not grow as you learn? Of course it doesn't physically... but the more knowledge you attain the more proficient you become...

Knowledge changes the spirit...

Its why we're here.... to learn

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to [url= by Theophorus[/url]

Whats the difference between something that has no shape,size,weight,color or mass,

and something that doesn't exist?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join