It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The thread that will never get a real answer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
See.. God should be taken loosely. You are thinking god in terms of Christianity right? Within rules and rulership, false hierarchies that control the masses. That god is not real, it is a character in a very extensive story.

A creator, exists. Or creators perhaps. How so? Have you heard of sacred geometry? I am posting from a phone now so I can't provide links.. But the simplicity and perfection at the quantum level... That is Intelligent Design. If you want to look from a scientific standpoint, there it is. Plain and true, measurable. Wonderful.

I was a longtime atheist, stubborn about proof and proving.. I had to be superior about it, even though I've always felt a divine presence. Nature is the key. So much to be learned. Instead of seeking answers just let yourself believe what you want.. You will find an answer. (;

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
every 'trick' question has a 'trick' answer!
it is how a man percieves his version of god.
for me,the fact that the trees are growing,that animals and insects walk the earth,and the sun rises in a beautiful blue sky is the proof i need that the great creator exists,no matter what name you use!
hope you like the answer!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
First let me say that all religions are part of God for God is diversity.

Second let me state as politely as possible that religion has a wallet sized picture of God or ( insert faith name here) and God cannot be contained within a wallet sized picture.

For each and every thing in the Universe, there is a creator, by action and design. For instance, as the moon moves, it pushes the sea. The movement of the sea moves dead shells and washes them onto the beach where they are pounded by the waves creating sand. This is how it is within the enitire Universe. Constant never ending Movement, Creation, Destruction and Reformation Etc...

If you look within your mind at all things within the Universe; for infinity outwards and inwards; if you stretch your imagination out to see as much as you can you will start to see a bigger picture. All things are part of a much larger picture.

All things are touching each other forming a whole thing, or what I like to call the fabric of the Universe.

Imagine air being a solid instead of a gas. You are touching the air and the air is touching the computer and everything else around you. So given that premis, then you are touching the sun lol!

There is always something touching something else which touches something else so on and so forth for infinity out into the Universe. Therefore all things within the Universe are "touching" simultaneusly and together form a larger whole thing.

Even the very thought within your head is a real thing, though it is intangible with your hands or eyes it is real. If you were to combine all things together as a whole and look upon that whole, you would see the living God for God IS everything.

Can this "being" that is all things combined together; that is the entire Universe itself for all eternity and infinity - think, feel, create? Hmmm, can you? You are part of the total sum that is all, so you are a small part of the living God, the true creator of all things.

edit on 4-12-2011 by CaptainKostr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
another angle is quantum physics,which dictates nothing really exists but because we think it does makes it real to us

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

I breath, He changes me from the inside out in ways I never would have even begun to concieve.
I feel it and I see it all around me.
I know in the same way I know that the wind exists.
You honestly are not going to tell me the wind does not exist simply because we cannot see it are you?
No, I cannot prove it to YOU anymore than I can prove to you the wind exists if you start with the absolute pre-supposition that it doesn't. I can point out the trees and bushes when they bend and sway, the way it feels on your skin, the way it picks up dust and moves it.
But if you choose not to look, listen or experience it from inside a glass box no, I cannot prove anything to you.
As for me, there is no doubts. I have more anecdotal proof of Yah in my life than I do in the wind.
Sheesh, you could be in a matrix and the wind is just in your head, right?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp
Prove god is real and that you dont believe in fairy tales.

1) Jesus Christ existed.

2) Jesus Christ is God made flesh.

Now... nobody can seriously argue that point 1 is false...
and as for point 2, well, the argument for that all hinges on one thing: the resurrection.

If you truly are looking for the truth, then all you need to do is prove that the resurrection is false. Job done. If, on that path, however, you find that the evidence for the resurrection is compelling, then you must be intellectually honest enough to accept that evidence.

the rest is up to you.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
There is enough information in this thread to prove to the OP that God does exist.

My personal proof for existence is self referential, my own awareness tells me I exist, this certainty that I exist, is proof that God is real.

The more basic and simple your proof for God the better you understand reality.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24

1) Jesus Christ existed.

2) Jesus Christ is God made flesh.

and as for point 2, well, the argument for that all hinges on one thing: the resurrection.

If you truly are looking for the truth, then all you need to do is prove that the resurrection is false. Job done. If, on that path, however, you find that the evidence for the resurrection is compelling, then you must be intellectually honest enough to accept that evidence.

the rest is up to you.

Im sure its not certain whether Jesus existed or not.

I am more willing to belive Krsna was God made flesh, he is much more God Like, if he actually walked this earth. Krsna didnt take s**t from people, he ruled like a God.
edit on 4-12-2011 by Keiju because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
You can prove it yourself. In humility ask God you need to know Him but just can't believe. Humility is the opposite of pride.

It was proved to me by the things I experienced afterwards.

Nothing I say can prove to you that God exists. It's pointless to try. If I tell you of miracles like stigmata, incorruptible saints, Eucharist miracles you will just call people liars or delusional. Until you are ready to open your heart to the possibility that the Christian God exists, nothing will move you.
edit on 4-12-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Open your eyes, unless you're blind, everything you see is proof He exists. You believe in fairy tales. You believe that we began as some small amphibian and "voila" today we are people. Wait, sorry, that's not a fairy tale, my bad. It's only a fairy tale when it happens with a kiss. When it takes billions of years that's called "science".

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Keiju

Originally posted by Awen24

Im sure its not certain whether Jesus existed or not.

No one can seriously deny that He existed.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

i can prove it for you.

tell a religious person you don't believe in jesus/god/whatever and god will divine his people to bully you, insult you, & hurt you.

that's real

-subfab

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
OP

Agnostic here. I don't believe that anybody can prove whether or not God is real. I doubt that this will change anytime soon. In the meantime, contemplating this persistent impasse is unhelpful to me in trying to think about the problem of God.

I don't doubt that there are people whose belief in their god-concept might fairly be compared with someone believing fairy tales. On the other hand, fairy tales are not offered to adults as fact cliams, and so there is an element of rhetorical exaggeration in your framing of the question.

If belief comparable with belief in fairy tales were the only possible kind of adult belief in God's existence, then that would pretty much settle the question of God. Obviously, then, I believe it is possible for a rational adult to conclude with considerable confidence that God is real.

Although there are many different kinds of beliefs about different gods, one kind is enough to make the point. Take Islam as our example.

Islam has an especially simple evidentiary structure. Either the reader believes that Mohammed had and correctly interpreted the experiences he recites, or else the reader does not.

What Mohammed recites is not a fairy tale. Regardless of whether his recitations are true or false, they are fact-claims about historical and earlier actual events, people and places.

Evaluating the credibility of personal testimony is a routine rational way in which someone might reach an opinion about the matter testified to. For example, I have considered substantial parts of the Koran, evaluated what is written there, and I find Mohammed to be not credible.

However, I am uncertain about that. It is therefore difficult for me to avoid the conclusion that another rational person might evaluate the same body of testimony that I did, and find Mohammed to be credible.

The issue before us is not who's right, but whether the person who concluded differently from me adopted a belief in fairy tales. The answer is no. What the person believes are fact claims, not fairy tales, and how the person might have arrived at her beliefs is inapplicable to fairy tales.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by manna2

I breath, He changes me from the inside out in ways I never would have even begun to concieve.

. . . I have more anecdotal proof of Yah in my life than I do in the wind.
Since you are apparently a Rastafarian, it could just be all that ganja you are smoking.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

God is a spirit. Spirits are not composed of matter. Can't touch them, can't feel them,can't smell them. They have no shape,size,weight. Theres your proof.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by manna2

. . . I have more anecdotal proof of Yah in my life than I do in the wind.
Since you are apparently a Rastafarian, it could just be all that ganja you are smoking.

nope, fail again.
You go on pretending you can pidgeon hole me and keep ignoring scripture and instead play the role of accuser if you feel you need to.
I will rest in and upon the Word.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theophorus

God is a spirit. Spirits are not composed of matter. Can't touch them, can't feel them,can't smell them. They have no shape,size,weight. Theres your proof.

They also have no mass which means they are not affected by the 4th dimension in any way. The same is true of your soul and spirit, they have no mass, therefore they are eternal.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Some may say that that's the best definition of nothing there is. In gods case, to "prove"what he is we must prove what he is not. Doest mean that he is "nothing" by any means. Question should have been prove spirit. Which is easily done. P.s.although I disagree with your definition of eternal, I like the way you think.
edit on 4-12-2011 by Theophorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I would be happy with mere evidence for a god (of any description) never mind proof.

And the evidence presented in this thread has been nothing but arguments from ignorance.

"oh look at the sky and the birds" or "quantum physics is so complicated" type comments leading to "therefore god exists" do not and should be the products of any fully functioning brains.

And the existence of a wandering jew being the son of god as-well as the father of himself (???) and all the magics that come along with it, is pretty ridiculous. Especially as the only hint he did exists is in a book, written by man.

The fact that someone basically once wrote down "there is a god" is not proof or evidence of anything other than the fact that someone once wrote it down.

So I suggest that instead of proof, how about believers provide simple evidence, evidence not only of your particular god, but of the soul, the supernatural, and that everything was created by an entity that itself didn't need to be created (and why it didn't need to be created).

Do this in a straightforward way that can be verified and falsified by anyone, and you will have at the very least some solid ground to stand on.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
deadly double post!
edit on 4-12-2011 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join