It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The thread that will never get a real answer

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I tend to take Him at His Word, that His kingdom is in fact.. not of this world.

So then you admit to believing that Jesus is the king of Lollipop Land.

Shoot, I suppose it won't literally kill me to post this for the 359th time:

The Straw Man fallacy is committed when a person simply ignores a person's actual position and substitutes a distorted, exaggerated or misrepresented version of that position. This sort of "reasoning" has the following pattern:

This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because attacking a distorted version of a position simply does not constitute an attack on the position itself. One might as well expect an attack on a poor drawing of a person to hurt the person.

Straw Man Fallacy

Why do you despise me saying that Jesus's kingdom is not of this world?

"Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence."

John 18:36

Ooooh, sweet, the Holy Spirit just reminded me of this as well:

“Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account."

Matthew 5:11

I am indebted to you JM despite all the slander and lies you speak over me. I forgive you and still pray for you daily.

edit on 30-12-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

So now I have double confirmation that you believe that Jesus is the king of Lollipop Land.
Apparently the old Jesus was not quite Jewish enough for you so you are waiting for a new Messiah who has a name in the "Holy Language". You know, the one that God speaks.
Spiritual kingdoms and spiritual language is not good enough for you and you want real live in the dirt fulfillment of prophecy, of course not for you personally but a select pure-blood elite, while you go off to Lollipop Land to be with a king for just a few raptured non-Jew sinners who believe that's ok because you have the torn flesh of Jesus to pay some unknown entity for sins under a secret contract that demands blood for sins.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I am indebted to you JM despite all the slander and lies you speak over me. I forgive you and still pray for you daily.

Let me introduce you to a concept that may be helpful for you to know about:

In psychology, a person who has a martyr complex, sometimes associated with the term victim complex, desires the feeling of being a martyr for his/her own sake, seeking out suffering or persecution because it feeds a psychological need.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

So now I have double confirmation that you believe that Jesus is the king of Lollipop Land.
Apparently the old Jesus was not quite Jewish enough for you so you are waiting for a new Messiah who has a name in the "Holy Language". You know, the one that God speaks.
Spiritual kingdoms and spiritual language is not good enough for you and you want real live in the dirt fulfillment of prophecy, of course not for you personally but a select pure-blood elite, while you go off to Lollipop Land to be with a king for just a few raptured non-Jew sinners who believe that's ok because you have the torn flesh of Jesus to pay some unknown entity for sins under a secret contract that demands blood for sins.

I think you confuse spiritual to mean not literal. Spiritual is very real, but it's not physical. There is a kingdom not of this world, and it is not figurative either. You yourself have claimed to met angels or have been taken into the earth. It seems strange to me that non-physical but literal is such a stumbling block to you.
edit on 30-12-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Would one of those two happen to be a real quote from me saying "Jesus is the king of Lollipop Land"?

Apparently you missed this, it was probably just an honest mistake... again:

"Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence."

John 18:36

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

I think you confuse spiritual to mean not literal. Spiritual is very real, but it's not physical. There is a kingdom not of this world, and it is not figurative either. You yourself have claimed to met angels or have been taken into the earth. It seems strange to me that non-physical but literal is such a stumbling block to you.

You forgot to mention that the 'confusion' vanishes when he says that Christ is not coming literally/physically back to earth, that's it's a spiritual second coming.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Let me introduce you to a concept that may be helpful for you to know about:

In psychology, a person who has a martyr complex, sometimes associated with the term victim complex, desires the feeling of being a martyr for his/her own sake, seeking out suffering or persecution because it feeds a psychological need.
en.wikipedia.org...

Are you a professional Psychologist? Or is that a hobby you've picked up in your free time over the internet? Again, apparently reading comprehension is not a strong suit for you. I said I'm indebted to you for the "lies and slander you speak over me", I never said I felt even slightly persecuted by you.

Because I don't.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Well how about explaining it instead of just saying I got it wrong?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

reply to post by 547000

Well how about explaining it instead of just saying I got it wrong?

Ask God to show you so you can overcome your unbelief.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Unbelief in what, exactly?
I believe in the kingdom of Jesus.
If you want to believe in the lollipop kingdom, that is your business but not something which interests me.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Unbelief in the spiritual. You take it as figurative when it is literal.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join